MELLOR WANTS TO STAY

Guest londonowl1

I said at the beginning of the season, him and Weaver were the only decent signings AI made, I was not convinced of

anyone else we signed in close season.

Mellor will get goals as proved this season, as long as they don't ask silly money Megson would be foolhardy not to sign him

Guest GodsanOwl

I'd say 20 goals in 29 starts isn't a bad stat is it!!!

Incredible when you think he had a spell where he couldn't get in the team!!!

I think under Megson he will get fitter, that can only be good for us!!

I said at the beginning of the season, him and Weaver were the only decent signings AI made, I was not convinced of

anyone else we signed in close season.

Mellor will get goals as proved this season, as long as they don't ask silly money Megson would be foolhardy not to sign him

Depends if they want some money for him or are willing to let him go for a free at the end of next season

I'm not as convinced about Mellor as others on here seem to be. Throughout his career he's struggled for fitness and form and while he's had a good goal haul overall this season, he's also had runs of poor form and picked up a couple of niggly injuries (which he's been slow to come back from).

Provided the price/wages are right I'd be happy to sign him, but I wouldn't break the bank for him. I'd also want to bring in another striker as well (a goalscorer with real pace) and try and move on one of Morrison/Heffernan.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Tbh, how people can slate him when he's won a champions league god only knowns. Get the lad signed up, 20 goals in a crap season is exceptional and as others have stated, he'll only score more next season.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Neil Mellor wants Sheffield Wednesday to turn his season-long loan spell from Preston into a permanent signing.

The 28-year-old striker is the first Owls player to hit 20 goals in a season since Steve MacLean in 2004/5.

Mellor said: "I've still got one year left at Preston, but if I was given the chance of a contract I would definitely want to sign at Sheffield Wednesday, I've enjoyed it here.

"It's all up to Preston and whether gary megson decides he wants me to come here."

Mellor added: "For me personally it's been great to achieve my target of 20 goals this season and I've still got two games left to score some more."

----------------------------

He could finish the season on 30+ goals if we play like we did last time against Bristol Rovers.. :ph34r:

Guest woody4

Definately need to sign Mellor. When he plays like he did yesterday he's unplayable. Not only is it the 20 goals hes scored for us this season, but hes contributed towards assists aswell. Hes won us most pf our penalties this season and wins alot of free kicks. Sign him up meggo!!

He had a great game yesterday...ra\n his legs off and he took that headed goal very well indeed..placed to perfection ..on the run....the third goal showed how not to panic in front of goal and when we changed to 451 he pressured their back line as well as anyone could have done...and still had the energy to make that run down the right late on...very impressive...

sign the bugger gary

Madine and Mellor together next season should give us 40 goals + which equals promotion. Please get it done Gary.

If we let him go elsewhere it will be crazy, apart from anything else Lady Chatterley will be most upset!

I'd even go as far as saying a full season, fit and confident he could get up to 40 goals.

Heh, that actually read like a serious post. Don't get too carried away!

We don't play in almost every round of the two major cups and multiple extra games in Europe every year. Only the best players at the biggest clubs ever really get that number of goals in one season.

From 46 games in the league next season I'd be delighted if he could reach 23 goals, one every other game. Plus a few random extras in the cups if possible, but a figure like that in the league will put us well on our way. A similar number from Madine and we'll be laughing.

Guest Stento(WTID)

Neil Mellor wants Sheffield Wednesday to turn his season-long loan spell from Preston into a permanent signing.

The 28-year-old striker is the first Owls player to hit 20 goals in a season since Steve MacLean in 2004/5.

Mellor said: "I've still got one year left at Preston, but if I was given the chance of a contract I would definitely want to sign at Sheffield Wednesday, I've enjoyed it here.

"It's all up to Preston and whether gary megson decides he wants me to come here."

Mellor added: "For me personally it's been great to achieve my target of 20 goals this season and I've still got two games left to score some more."

----------------------------

He could finish the season on 30+ goals if we play like we did last time against Bristol Rovers.. :ph34r:

also in his words in same interview about teams coming to hillsbrough "we're sheffield wednesday"........ great to hear get him signed up

Edited by Stento(WTID)