MELLOR WANTS TO STAY

Guest londonowl1

Guest londonowl1

Mellor has said he wants to sign, so lets get him on board before other championship and league 1 teams start sniffing.

20 goals in a poo poo season, some injury problems, ive said all season if he was fully fit in a decent team he would easily get us 25-30 goals.

To good for league 1, now lets just get him a midfield to feed him

A proven championship striker, already settled within the team, probably not much of a fee - aye he should definitely be a priority target.

The only stumbling block I can see is his wages - he would surely have to take a paycut from what he's on with Preston?

Guest Saturday Owl

Preston don't want him so let's get him signed ASAP, if he stays fit and keeps working hard he'll get 30+ next term.

Get him signed.

As an aside I think Madine deserves credit because Mellor is looking more dangerous next to him with his intelligent runs and knockdowns than he ever did next to clinton.

The partnership is working and if something works, keep it going!

A proven championship striker, already settled within the team, probably not much of a fee - aye he should definitely be a priority target.

The only stumbling block I can see is his wages - he would surely have to take a paycut from what he's on with Preston?

depends what value the club place on a possible 20+ goals next season

Cracking interview on RS at the mo with him.

Speaking with real passion about us considering he's registered with Preston.

His brother is a Wednesdayite, his dad was desperate for him to sign for us at the beginning of the season and NM wants to be here next season.

Over to you Gary and Milan.

Get it done.

It all depends if Phil Brown see's him as part of his squad next season considering how well he's done in League 1 and the fact Preston will want to get out of it 1st time of asking! I think they may well want to keep him!

It's a bit like when we got relegated to this division in 2003, we had Kuqi on the books and he would most probably have got 25-30 goals for us, but we had no choice but to sell from a financial point.

He will be on a big wage at Preston, they will have been paying a percentage of his wages whilst he's been here this season. They will want to put the past behind them and start rebuilding their team from scratch.

Mellor has a lot of connections with Wednesday, and has stated that he doesn't want to play another game for Preston (not sure why he would say such a thing about his parent club).

Unless a Championship team can offer him a big contract then I can't see him wanting to leave us to join any other league 1 clubs.

I'd even go as far as saying a full season, fit and confident he could get up to 40 goals.

Added to Madine who I think will get 20 and around the same mark between midfielders we could have a very successful season

ok dont get carried away. i dont want us to bull us up as a wee wee the league team again,we know what happened this season

Guest JonTheOwl66

is he still contracted to them beyond this season ?

Seem to remember reading somewhere that he was out of contract in the summer

yep.