Liam Palmer

Surely, with just four games remaining, it's time to give him a few starts?

We're not going down.

Give him 360 minutes alongside a seasoned pro like Tommy Miller, tell him to enjoy himself, see what he can do.

I'm thankful that James O'Connor's work-rate has enabled us to pick up the points required to achieve safety, but let's be honest, he shouldn't be here next season.

Normally in this situation you'd want to chuck 3 or 4 kids in for a bit of experience, but unfortunately I think Palmer's the only one with a future in the professional game.

Guest foreverSWFC

Chuck him in, won't do much harm, i'd be tempted to give Modest a go upfront aswell. On that note does anyone know how he is doing at Darlington?

I actually agree with you on this one Kivo.

I wouldn't change the back 4 because they are settled and confident, but i'd take the opportunity to have a look at Palmer in midfield, maybe with Coke in one game as well because Miller has to miss one more because of his contract cluase i think? So maybe Palmer with Miller in 3 games, and Palmer with Coke against Swindon or Bristol Rovers.

Guest pendle

Why are people starting to bash McAuley all of a sudden?

I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread a year ago?

Because we have fickle fans who love nothing better than a bandwagon. I don't blame McAuley for our poor production of youth, I blame our non existent scouting network but that would make sense wouldn't it?

Guest pendle

I would say that the few that have been brought through with our previous complete lack of funds/neglect in the youth side and the neglect/non existence of a scouting network should result in praise for McAuley. It can't be easy doing a job when you don't have the resources to do it, a bit like doing a job in I.T. without a computer or network available to you. The results achieved so far can only be expected and I think it would be fairer waiting until the infrastructure at the club has been reformed before we overly criticise his performance.

Because we have fickle fans who love nothing better than a bandwagon. I don't blame McAuley for our poor production of youth, I blame our non existent scouting network but that would make sense wouldn't it?

So... It is the scouting that took players who, at one point, looked like they could make it (such as Modest, Barnett etc) have been brought down to a standard which means they will probably never be of a professional standard.

Those darn scouts playing our yourh squad out of position.

Frankly, McAuley is responsible for the academy's scouting network. There might not have been much investment, but I am sure other Academies manage to do more than us with what we work with.

Last year we weren't in a position to moan about the academy - the board were a shambles and we couldn't pay our taxes. The academy was the least of our worries, now we are on more stable footing, I think it is only right that we expect better strategies to develop stars of the future through our academy.

Edited by Random Task

Guest pendle

So... It is the scouting that took players who, at one point, looked like they could make it (such as Modest, Barnett etc) have been brought down to a standard which means they will probably never be of a professional standard.

Those darn scouts playing our yourh squad out of position.

Frankly, McAuley is responsible for the academy's scouting network. There might not have been much investment, but I am sure other Academies manage to do more than us with what we work with.

Last year we weren't in a position to moan about the academy - the board were a shambles and we couldn't pay our taxes. The academy was the least of our worries, now we are on more stable footing, I think it is only right that we expect better strategies to develop stars of the future through our academy.

I wouldn't necessarily say that that is true. Its fairly common for players to show early promise only for their development to slow as they approach their late teens. This happens across the board and not just at Sheffield Wednesday and I think it's a bit harsh to say this is McAuley's fault. Who's to say that naturally they aren't good enough? Maybe they developed faster than your average person through puberty but now everyone else has caught up, they are just average?

I'd be looking to play both coke and palmer more anyway, we need energy in the side.

Why would you play Coke then? The first couple of games he played, apart, he's strolled about as though tomorrow will do. We saw the best of him last August, and it'll be a miracle if he ever reproduces that form again. He thinks he's better than he actually is.

Why would you play Coke then? The first couple of games he played, apart, he's strolled about as though tomorrow will do. We saw the best of him last August, and it'll be a miracle if he ever reproduces that form again. He thinks he's better than he actually is.

Coke's our best mildfielder.

players who have come thru our youth system in the last 35 years who were any good .........pressman ,hyde ,ryan jones ,mark smith ,peter shirtliff,wood ,bradshaw ,turner ,sterland ,ticker taylor ,john pearson i'm sure i must have missed some but its not a lot is it and some of these are average at best .we just dont have a very good record of producing our own talent so probably unfair to pin it on mccauley .

The lot that came into academy 3 years ago was deemed as possibly the most talented lot we ever had there.

What McAuley did (or didn't) achieve with them is a massive fail :dry: