Megson interview/comments?

Guest Sheff Owl

On the OS he says 'it was a poor performance'. No poo sherlock.

Praises JJ too. I suppose he didn't take notice of the lazy tvvat sauntering around the pitch without a care in the world when he didn't have the ball. Yes he sometimes has a burst of pace and may scare the opp - how many times does anything come of it??

I genuinely feel Megso doesn't know what to do at the moment

To be fair after that first run, their right back ran at him and fouled him with a dead leg.

Guest Sheff Owl

Another worry is if Megson is yelling at the players all the time telling them they are poo etc - then what happens next season?

We will get rid of quite a few of this squad and then he will bring in new players what if they under perform? what if they start playing like they don't give a poo poo?

Guest Deleted member

Must be a right laugh as a player at the moment..

Go to training - get yelled at

Come home - go on Twitter/Facebook - get abused

Matchday - go out and try - get booed

Halftime - get locked in dressing room - get yelled at

Second half - go out and get booed and yelled at some more

Full time - locked in dressing room and shouted at

One big party for them at the moment.....

When was that?

ohmy.gif

TRY? haha, good one!!

You need to watch more of the game rather than the crowd through a lens.

Try? When was the last time you saw a weds player win a 50/50 then follow it up and win another 50/50 and get the crowd behind them?

Not this season thats for sure.

When do we ever make the opposition make a mistake high up the pitch by putting them under pressure?

Not this season under both managers.

Lets not pretend any of these players put in anymore than the minimum required.

and most put in less!

come end of season-get dole money...

'cos no one will sign you on as a footballer...

'cos you're a free rider...

a non trier...

a drifter...

a quitter...

a bottler...

a choker...

Abysmal performance, not just a bad one. Did we even turn up? What did we do when we had the ball?

Megson has made it clear what he wants, hard work, high tempo and organised defending. Pretty basic stuff and they're not interested, Alan Irvine had them playing slow, chesslike football and the majority seemed to want him to stay and that has really hampered Megson I think as usually managers lose a dressing room.

I wouldnt say sacking Megson would be the answer, simply because any club that chops and changes so much does poorly and also I don't really think there is the time left to bring in someone who would get a response. It's like last season when the team was walking towards a cliff face with fingers jammed in their ears whilst everyone else is yelling at them.

At the moment its looking more Notts Forest than West Brom/Bolton for Megson.

I understand that GM is trying to shield youngsters like Palmer, but without him and Coke there is no energy in midfield.

Edited by Bluesteel

I will never understand why people attach so much importance to the managers comments.

Nor will I understand why people get annoyed when they say the "same old things"

especially when every week is the same old rumbleing thing.

That made me smile.

Best post this morning in more ways than one.

There is little doubt that we are currently in the biggest mess the club has ever been in - and I include 1975. Last night there were 11 individuals on the pitch and no team. The only two players worth paying even in washers were Spurr and Buxton - the rest didn't deserve to be wearing their shirts. I don't rate Megson - he is no better than his two predecessors - and in the current climate, no respected manager would even want to be seen near Hillsborough.

For those who thought the Mandaric take over was the best news for 15 years, think again. When he acquired the club, we were 2nd in the League (a false position in my view) and had a chance of staging the World Cup at our ground. There were aspirations of automatic promotion back to the Championship, on course to our "rightful" place in the Premier League. We are now in the poo and not even fighting to avoid relegation. We may still wish that the club had closed its doors rather than suffer this complete embarassment.

The only short term salvation may be that there are even worse teams in Division 3 but on last night's form, we are favourites for relegation and oblivion.

And yes, I have bought my season ticket for next year but may not want to turn up.

Abysmal performance, not just a bad one. Did we even turn up? What did we do when we had the ball?Megson has made it clear what he wants, hard work, high tempo and organised defending. Pretty basic stuff and they're not interested, Alan Irvine had them playing slow, chesslike football and the majority seemed to want him to stay and that has really hampered Megson I think as usually managers lose a dressing room.I wouldnt say sacking Megson would be the answer, simply because any club that chops and changes so much does poorly and also I don't really think there is the time left to bring in someone who would get a response. It's like last season when the team was walking towards a cliff face with fingers jammed in their ears whilst everyone else is yelling at them.At the moment its looking more Notts Forest than West Brom/Bolton for Megson.I understand that GM is trying to shield youngsters like Palmer, but without him and Coke there is no energy in midfield.

I think this is a good point that has been largely overlooked. The players really liked Irvine and were unhappy to see him go. It was therefore always going to be hard work for Megson to win them over. When he goes in a starts telling them firmly that they aren't doing enough and they need to up their ideas this doesn't exactly make them warm to him. Especially after they've been used to their 'friend' Irvine going easy on hem the whole time.

Guest James-The-Owl

Awwww, my heart rumbleing bleeds for them.

gary megson conceded to a poor performance by the Owls after they slumped to a 3-1 defeat to Brentford at Hillsborough.

The Bees were the better team in S6 as Wednesday were undone by two first half goals and another near the end to leave the home side looking nervously over their shoulders towards the relegation zone.

And Megson said that unless the Owls up the ante, relegation remains a real possibility.

He said: "We were poor and it was a poor performance. We are in a relegation battle and there are other teams down there who I see battling and scrapping.

"I didn't see that from us tonight. We have to realise that if we do not up our game considerably, we could be one of the teams that drop.

"We are still getting better performances from substitutes and that cannot be right. Jermaine Johnson came on and I thought he did really well.

"He ran at their defence and had four or five shots. He showed pace and movement and that was the best I have seen him play."

Megson rued the loss of goalscorer Rob Jones, who exited the field with concussion shortly after hauling the Owls level.

The manager added: "We missed Rob when he went off. He has gone to hospital with concussion so we will have to see what the outcome is there."

I think this is a good point that has been largely overlooked. The players really liked Irvine and were unhappy to see him go. It was therefore always going to be hard work for Megson to win them over. When he goes in a starts telling them firmly that they aren't doing enough and they need to up their ideas this doesn't exactly make them warm to him. Especially after they've been used to their 'friend' Irvine going easy on hem the whole time.

Megson has only continued, perhaps worsened, a slump that was already long under way on Irvine's watch. If I believed our problems could be solved simply by replacing the new manager I'd be all for it. But I don't think that's the case.

Megson has only continued, perhaps worsened, a slump that was already long under way on Irvine's watch. If I believed our problems could be solved simply by replacing the new manager I'd be all for it. But I don't think that's the case.

Just for clarification I 100% agree that Megson shouldn't be sacked.

But you were when Irvine was in charge. Have you changed your mind and now its the players to blame?

Go online and check bank account

Check that March's money is in

Do little jig at how much is there

Think for nano second about people on minimum wage shelling out to see them "perform".

Yeah, must be a right laugh...........................

But you were when Irvine was in charge. Have you changed your mind and now its the players to blame?

It's difficult to know exactly what is going wrong and why. It's probably a combination of numerous factors and may not be remedied with a single act such as replacing the manager again. In my opinion Irvine had two opportunities to improve matters, and failed badly in each case. I certainly wasn't on his case within the 12 games Megson has had thus far. Should our new manager have the chance to rebuild the squad yet again this summer he would have to be judged on the same sort of basis as Irvine was. The signs don't look good so far but it seems to me that sacking him would be ridiculous at this point unless something serious is going on behind the scenes that he is culpable for.

And actually, although I was scathing of Irvine for the last few months of his tenure, I did not outright call for his sacking until close to the end for numerous reasons.

Edited by DJMortimer