Megson interview/comments?

Guest Sheff Owl

The key quote from megson was "some of the things that go on at this football club beggars belief".

If only these comments that keep bubbling up could be expanded upon.

It'd be nice but I doubt the inner sanctum of the club will ever be divulged.

I like many on this thread, don't think Megson should be sacked, he may not be the "best" for the job, but he's the one we have, like for the moment, the players are the ones we have (aside from loans).

It's becoming more and more obvious, there will be no quick fix, after what is it; 18 years of steady decline? We've tried quick fix after quick fix, new manager (short term gains) new players (short term gains), to avoid the long term loss, this place needs an entire overhaul:

• Chairman
  • Manager
  • Players
  • Basic footballing system (academy, scouts etc)
  • Many, many more finer details (not that I'd understand)

We're on our way to reform, I think he biggest problem was expecting anything from this season, how many of us knew just how badly the club was run?

For me, it's going to be a cling on and close eyes for the remainder of the season, with a little optimism, that the foundations of a "well" run club will be built over the summer (hopefully underway already), this added to new players who get along with the new management and hopefully, fingers crossed, we might get something to cheer about next season (or at least not boo).

It'd be nice but I doubt the inner sanctum of the club will ever be divulged.

I like many on this thread, don't think Megson should be sacked, he may not be the "best" for the job, but he's the one we have, like for the moment, the players are the ones we have (aside from loans).

It's becoming more and more obvious, there will be no quick fix, after what is it; 18 years of steady decline? We've tried quick fix after quick fix, new manager (short term gains) new players (short term gains), to avoid the long term loss, this place needs an entire overhaul:

• Chairman
  • Manager
  • Players
  • Basic footballing system (academy, scouts etc)
  • Many, many more finer details (not that I'd understand)

We're on our way to reform, I think he biggest problem was expecting anything from this season, how many of us knew just how badly the club was run?

For me, it's going to be a cling on and close eyes for the remainder of the season, with a little optimism, that the foundations of a "well" run club will be built over the summer (hopefully underway already), this added to new players who get along with the new management and hopefully, fingers crossed, we might get something to cheer about next season (or at least not boo).

Good post, I agree the summer is the time when this club can be re-born. Although having expectations this season was a mistake in hindsight, there is no way we should be thinking of league 2. As you say, I wish I could just fast forward until May and see the outcome, going through this two seasons in a row is difficult to take.

Guest bartos

Good post, I agree the summer is the time when this club can be re-born. Although having expectations this season was a mistake in hindsight, there is no way we should be thinking of league 2. As you say, I wish I could just fast forward until May and see the outcome, going through this two seasons in a row is difficult to take.

That good that all the 'Megson Out' crew just wait for it to end up on page 8 of the forum

Must be a right laugh as a player at the moment..

Go to training - get yelled at

Come home - go on Twitter/Facebook - get abused

Matchday - go out and try - get booed

Halftime - get locked in dressing room - get yelled at

Second half - go out and get booed and yelled at some more

Full time - locked in dressing room and shouted at

One big party for them at the moment.....

All they have to do is win footy matches, or not concede two bloody goals....