Mark Reynolds

Why when he played so well as he did in the 2nd half against Peterborough, do we shift him back out wide and replace him, without giving him a run of games, in his natural, obviously most comfortable position ?

He is not a left back. Horrific distribution today....

Shank after shank after mis-placed pass...

Fair play, Jones and Batth (his replacements) looked solid..... but we are not allowing him to settle into a new team and new league

got to question the motives behind those who seem determined to destroy reynolds swfc career 8 games in. It was Buxton last season, Purse up til christmas, looks like Reynolds is next in line.

absolutely no reason to suggest he wont come good at centrehalf next season, the fact that hes playing at left back instead of the two left backs we have tells me megson is asking him to do a job there til next season, and im positive he will bring in a new left back in summer.

youve got to let new players settle, not seize the first opportunity to destroy them. some people manage to be honest with their assessment of the performances whilst taking a longer term view of the players, others get hysterical after any mistake. sadly, the latter seems to be the most vocal.

Well, I guess I have to defer to those who have been today and seen his performance, but I can't believe he is a write off.

I would have thought the top half of the Scottish Premiership was the same standard as the Championship, but maybe I'm wrong.

We expected big things from Reynolds, maybe more than any of the other of 68 players that have come in this season..but he isn't the only one to have underperformed. Michael Morrison played well in the division above, in fact other than Madine who has come in and performed to expectations?

I think due to his ' previous' we should keep an open mind until he has a full pre season and plays consistently in his natural position. I understand the dissapointment, but I think it would be foolish to completely bin him off.

Well, I guess I have to defer to those who have been today and seen his performance, but I can't believe he is a write off.

I would have thought the top half of the Scottish Premiership was the same standard as the Championship, but maybe I'm wrong.

We expected big things from Reynolds, maybe more than any of the other of 68 players that have come in this season..but he isn't the only one to have underperformed. Michael Morrison played well in the division above, in fact other than Madine who has come in and performed to expectations?

I think due to his ' previous' we should keep an open mind until he has a full pre season and plays consistently in his natural position. I understand the dissapointment, but I think it would be foolish to completely bin him off.

this.

SPL is awful, a truly awful league, but majority of their teams would have put D&R away today. Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and the two glasgow clubs would comfortably get out of league 2, and probably finish top 10 league 1.

Guest maltaowl

Although Reynolds isn't a left back and prefers to play centre back, today his errors were basic that should be completed no matter what positon(i.e passing)

When he joined I had high hopes for him and I still believe he has potential but at the moment it dwindling fast. In my view I'd only use him as a centre half during this year and give Jones a run at left back. Then after a full pre season hopefully he will come good if not then..........

After all the activity in the transfer market, spurr is still our best left back

True. Unfathomable and scary as that is, True.

Mind you, we could have signed Philip Lahm and Patrice Evra in January and they would probably have played shybo for us. Something happens to decent players when they come to us. We are a career graveyard at the moment.

Just so that I know, cos I haven't been for a while due to becoming suicidal every Saturday evening after watching another inept performance, is Reynolds even shiter than the other poo we have playing for us at the moment?

In the shiter than poo stakes, how does he compare to Darren Potter for e.g?

Would he get in a Wednesday Shitest Players ever XI?

Perhaps I should ask Daz. Whiter than white, shiter than poo , its much the same innit?

Just so that I know, cos I haven't been for a while due to becoming suicidal every Saturday evening after watching another inept performance, is Reynolds even shiter than the other poo we have playing for us at the moment?

In the shiter than poo stakes, how does he compare to Darren Potter for e.g?

Would he get in a Wednesday Shitest Players ever XI?

Perhaps I should ask Daz. Whiter than white, shiter than poo , its much the same innit?

iv only seen him a couple of times, some of my mates have seen him a few times recently.

general concensus is that he cant get forward like spurr or jones, and looks a bit like a rabbit in headlights right now.

thoughts were that he was quick and could be decent next to a big centrehalf, but probably needs to be taken out of the firing line right now.

These Mark Reynolds threads are getting increasingly boring.

HE'S NOT A flipping LEFT BACK!!!!

Totally irrelevant, any professional footballer should be capable of demonstrating a half decent first touch irrespective of their favoured position.

His distribution was poorer than Purse's today

His distribution yesterday makes Tommy Spurr look like a worldbeater, that's how poor it was

Doesn't help playing one up front I suppose - not a lot to aim at, but the guy's confidence must be totally shot.

He did win a few headers under pressure, but apart from that it was a totally inept performance (yesterday anyway)

Why when he played so well as he did in the 2nd half against Peterborough, do we shift him back out wide and replace him, without giving him a run of games, in his natural, obviously most comfortable position ?

He is not a left back. Horrific distribution today....

Shank after shank after mis-placed pass...

Fair play, Jones and Batth (his replacements) looked solid..... but we are not allowing him to settle into a new team and new league

But Jones and Batth settled in quickly. How much time does this apalling waste of money need?