Negativity!

Guest OWLBOY

Guest OWLBOY

The Negativity on Owlstalk is depressing, How do you expect a club going forward with fans like this?

Yes the players haven't performed very well this year, and irvine left megson a load of Sh*t but just get behind the boys in the thousands for the last few games and make them want to play for SWFC!

Rant Over!

The Negativity on Owlstalk is depressing, How do you expect a club going forward with fans like this?

Yes the players haven't performed very well this year, and irvine left megson a load of Sh*t but just get behind the boys in the thousands for the last few games and make them want to play for SWFC!

Rant Over!

Good post. Agree 100%.

Guest OWLBOY

@Wednesday-Wonderland

Precisely my point!

like me you want to see wednesday players pull on that shirt and give 200%

but when things aren't going well, we shouldn't boo them or slag them off, we should be still getting behind them t turn things around!

and we will be League 2 bound with fans like you with that frame of mind

Guest superowl58

Fu*k me are you deluded?

I have been coming on here very rarely lately because I am so bored of this pathetic club that is Sheffield Wednesday. How many times do people need to say 'get behind the club?' WHY??

Get behind players who are on damn good wages and a lot better off than you? Who couldnt give two sh*ts about this club?? Why would I want to support them? Just because its Sheffield Wednesday, possibly one of the biggest failures in English football, It doesnt make me want to get behind them. As far as I am concerned I have washed my hand of the club and the deleuded fools that follow them around the country.

I am really suprised people actually still post on here, What can there be to talk about that hasnt been said for the past 10 years now?

This clubs a joke, its going nowhere. The sooners people open their eyes and see this, the better.

Our excellent support has certainly made all the difference in the last 10-12 years hasn't it?

:dry:

The capacity for some to slag off fellow supporters and blame them for the club's ongoing problems is absolutely disgraceful.

What he said

Dont really see how people can think the fans are responsible for our situation, or why its seen as surprising that people get hacked off with the club slowly working its way down from Premier League to Non League.

The players are responsible, as they are awful, terrible players stealing a wage from a club they dont deserve to play for.

Its very difficult to get behind them and cheer them on, not because everybody loves booing, or becausing were all secret blades, but because the players make it difficult, in fact they make it borderline impossible sometimes.

We turn up week in week out, and watch the players standing still when their " team mates " have the ball, misplace every pass, have 1 shot on target in about 3 games, scuff 3 consecutive corners into the deck for the first defender to clear, and give away at least 2 soft goals nearly every game, and worst of all, concede 4 goals to teams who actually turn up for a 0-0 draw.

I know some people are just trying to be positive, and thats no bad thing, but really, how are people expected to get behind that?

Edited by leea8331

As has been pointed out before, the tremendous support of last season made absolutely no difference to us going down. Not a spare seat in the house for the Palace game and we were played off the park for most of the match by a team who had been through hell, spent significant periods in the season not being paid, lost their inspirational manager to QPR and had a -10 a points deduction.

No other set of fans tolerates as much as we do - we have very low expectations as a fan base. All we ask is that the players and management perform to their abilities and give it a go. If that doesn't happen we have every right as the customers of this business to tell them what we think.

We have plumetted down the ladder of league football by almost 30% in 18 months. We are being smacked senseless by clubs operating on 1/5th of our budget. If we carry on at this rate we'll be in the conference in 2 or 3 years. Its hardly a shock that the fan base is negative.

Guest intercity0wl

Rant Over!

Funny how a post on a SUPPORTERS forum asking SUPPORTERS to actually SUPPORT the club has got you so many minuses, many on here, (and i say that because alot of the negative ones dont even go to games) get what they deserve.

Watched a bit of the football league show last night and enjoyd listening to the comments of the pompey boss who was thanking the fans for backing the team 100% all season, and never ONCE getting on the players backs, and adding look where we are now.

Funny how a post on a SUPPORTERS forum asking SUPPORTERS to actually SUPPORT the club has got you so many minuses, many on here, (and i say that because alot of the negative ones dont even go to games) get what they deserve.

Watched a bit of the football league show last night and enjoyd listening to the comments of the pompey boss who was thanking the fans for backing the team 100% all season, and never ONCE getting on the players backs, and adding look where we are now.

Thats true, although wednesday have had plenty of support imo, more than they deserve.

They get cheered on to the field every game by a huge crowd, and regardless of what people say, the booing and ranting in the stands does not start when the first pass goes astray, people groan but thats normal, the boos start when the first goal is handed to the opposition on a plate every single week, and they continue when over the next 75 minutes we dont have a single shot on goal.

Back to Portsmouth, theyve had it hard, and the fans have got stuck in for the club, rather like ours did when we were in trouble in fairness,

But in terms of getting behind the players, look at their squad, they have quality up front in Kitson and Nugent, Nugent is a worker who will chase everything down, then they have the likes of Michael Brown, piggy aside, he's a tough, hard working battler who will give his all for 90 minutes every week, these players are easy to rally round and warm to.

Our players come out with their hands in their pockets, strut around like royalty, then do nothing for 90 minutes, take a pasting from a nothing club, then some come out and blame the atmosphere at Hillsborough or argue amongst themselves, its a lot harder to get behind players like this.

Fu*k me are you deluded?

I have been coming on here very rarely lately because I am so bored of this pathetic club that is Sheffield Wednesday. How many times do people need to say 'get behind the club?' WHY??

Get behind players who are on damn good wages and a lot better off than you? Who couldnt give two sh*ts about this club?? Why would I want to support them? Just because its Sheffield Wednesday, possibly one of the biggest failures in English football, It doesnt make me want to get behind them. As far as I am concerned I have washed my hand of the club and the deleuded fools that follow them around the country.

I am really suprised people actually still post on here, What can there be to talk about that hasnt been said for the past 10 years now?

This clubs a joke, its going nowhere. The sooners people open their eyes and see this, the better.

OP is completely right tho.. what a poo poo response this is.. Our club continually need us and our support.. not whinging fcukers who pour negativity..

Wash yours hands of the club.. my god that is sad.. I've supported this club for 43 years man and boy.. never ever would wash my hands of them.. no matter how much poo was on show..

FFS enjoy Meadowhall instead..

Good to see people still want to back us thru thick and thin and thinner.. not just give up at the a bad period... Anyhow good times are just round the corner..

Funnily enough, both Mandaric and Megson have been singing the praises of the supporters repeatedly since they arrived, just like the players, managers and chairmen of most other clubs do. So either their public comments must be considered in the context of the overall situation or you are wrong about supporters at Hillsborough. What do you think would happen if they did anything else? It's no more meaningful than a player saying he has the utmost respect for the upcoming opponents, no matter how sh*t they are.

The idea that Wednesday is unique in having complainers is a myth that is taking on a life of it's own with some who seem to delight in separating themselves from a semi-fictitious 'enemy' within. One of the most common tactics employed when attempting to argue against something is to denigrate it as less worthy than your own position, and that is all this is. I don't agree with them, ergo I am better than them.

That thread from the other day shows that in the last ten years Wednesday rank 86th in points per game in the professional leagues, being relegated twice in that period and threatened with it much of the rest of the time. Last autumn we almost went into administration or worse. There have been countless players and board members that have shamed or insulted the name of the club and those that follow it. Yet you're surprised that some supporters are more than a little weary of the relentless misery? And now we're on to the second stage of this pantomime - it's actually all their fault in the first place. B@stards.

Guest Triplej2

As fans we turn up in our thousands home and away and we can take getting beat, what we can't take is players not busting a gut for 90 minutes once a week whilst collecting silly money every week.

If a player misplaces 2 or 3 passes and gets booed then he needs to run, battle, graft his way back in to the fans good books. he's a flipping athlete, a professional and a well paid one at that.

If they can't take a bit of flak then f*ck 'em.

Guest superowl58

OP is completely right tho.. what a poo poo response this is.. Our club continually need us and our support.. not whinging fcukers who pour negativity..

Wash yours hands of the club.. my god that is sad.. I've supported this club for 43 years man and boy.. never ever would wash my hands of them.. no matter how much poo was on show..

FFS enjoy Meadowhall instead..

Good to see people still want to back us thru thick and thin and thinner.. not just give up at the a bad period... Anyhow good times are just round the corner..

Im 22 and as far as I can remember have never seen this club do anything remotely successfull, other than getting promoted in the play off and then getting relegated again 3 years later.

Why is it a poo poo response, dont you understand that these players simply do not give two shits about you!? what is there to back? a bunch of over rated, botltleless sh*ts who cant follow simple instructions and get beat 4-2 at home to plymouth who are in administrtion and hammerd by clubs like exeter.

and believe me, i havent just given up, my passion for this club has been drained ever since i started supporting them. There more enjoyable things to life, and no not meadowhall.

I'd love to have the passion I once had, but i dont, its as simple as that.