Dagenham and Redbridge roll call

Me and the lad, driving!! Any parking or pub suggestions??

Have a look here mate. We're planning on street parking and were hopeful of getting into their social club, although I've emailed the club and they're unsure that entry will be allowed to away fans.

Count me in. Wake up about 11am. Crawl out of house 11.30am. Wednesday shirt and scarf. Feel lucky Arsenal aren't playing today. Walk to Finsbury Park, 5 mins.Tube to Blackhorse Road, 15 mins. Train to Barking, 15 mins. Bus to the ground, 20 mins. Back home by 4.30pm. Or more likely, still in a local pub at 4.30pm. Oh yes.

Edited by Tyto

Have a look here mate. We're planning on street parking and were hopeful of getting into their social club, although I've emailed the club and they're unsure that entry will be allowed to away fans.

Thanks Sam. Sounds good. We will go for couple in there then. No colours and we should be fine!!

Finally I see a benefit of living in Romford. :biggrin: Although its going to be seriously weird seeing Wednesday fans here...

For those of you getting the bus from Romford, come out of the station and cross the road and catch the 174 bus from outside a pub called 'The Goose'.

Best place to get off is at the Eastbrook Pub - the ground is a few minutes walk from there, although the next stop after that is Dagenham Heathway and its only a few minutes from there too.

The train from Liverpool St does stop at every bloody lampost but I can guarantee that the service from Liverpool St is frequent all day and much less hassle than having to work your way around the engineering works on the tube.

Yeah as above,

Get a Zone 1-6 Travelcard and take the East Anglia train from Liverpool Street to Romford, then get the Route 106 bus from Romford station to the ground.

Or,

Take Victoria line to Blackhorse Road and take the London Overground to Barking. Tube replacement bus D will take you from Barking station and Dagenham East is it's next stop.

Allow around 1 hour 20 from central London.

Us 2 were getting 07.27 to St Pancrass then as above

That was my plan but there is no service between Gospel Oak and Barking on the overground on Saturday.

London transport have well and truly un-workable us over with this one

Looks like that part of the Overground is open according to TFL's website.

If there is anyone that is thinking of using the overground service to Barking, it's running on Saturday - closed on Sunday

However, you would be a first class prat to do that! Barking is miles away from the ground and the replacement bus services in London are as reliable as an MP telling the truth. They usually leave once every hour so you'd be an absolute fool!

Infact stay away from Barking as a whole! There's no connections on the District Line this weekend from Barking to Dagenham East, and there's no buses that take you to Dagenham from barking. The closest would be getting a 287 to Dagvegas and walking 2 miles from there! Dagvegas is our poor version of Valley Centertainment. Oh and if you even think about using a taxi from barking, the lovely cab drivers will do you big time and take you away from the A13 and go round the longer way to Dagenham. It's so easy and it's so funny when away fans moan about taxi prices.

Best bet would be to go to Romford and i'm sure there are fast trains that take you there. They usually just stop at Stratford, Ilford and Goodmayes (Southend Victoria service). Do not get the Shenfield service if you can as that's slower than being stuck behind a tractor. The 103 I think takes you to Victoria Road

If there's anyone staying for the England match, get the roger out of the Barking and Dagenham district immediately and go to somewhere like Romford or even better central london. Anywhere but Dagenham, Barking, Rainham etc as they're first class dumps where England games are rarely shown.

Regarding pubs and places to drink regarding the kick off time, drink in the ground! Away fans have the best stand at the ground by a mile. I am unsure if they will serve for this game as Charlton fans couldn't access beer last weekend. There is a pub called the eastbrook which is the nearest pub to the ground, or failing that there is the bull which you turn away from the eastbrook and walk up that road. however, that'll add at least a furhter 10 minutes to the ground. There are buga all pubs in Dagenham i'm afraid.

I feel sorry for anyone coming to this game. People who live in Low Edges, Shiregreen or Wybourn will feel their area is like Buckingham Palace after being only 2 minutes inside this dump!

hi katie,how long u been workin at the barking and dagenham tourist board?

Nearly a year now :biggrin:

There are some lovely parts of the area, unfortunately they are the border edges with other boroughs, although the newham border borough is horrible. I have forgotten about the amazing industrial views, if you are driving down and have a few secs to spare, visit the Dagenham ford plant.

Other parts include Stacey Solomons house. Had this been a 3pm kick off, I would have recommended a couple of bars in Hornchurch or Upminster. Usually in the evening, Victoria Sandford is out round the posh bars of Hornchurch and she is definitely one of the most beautiful ladies in Essex! An absolute stunner and makes her sister Frankie look like an Owlette (vomits).

If people are planning on driving down to Dagenham do not use the M25! There's roadworks between junction 28 and 31 which are a pain in the neck. Best way to go is the M25 down to junction 27 for the M11. Head towards central london on the M11 and then at the end, be in the left lane to head left towards City Airport on the A406 South. Once you get to the end of the A406 south (after the bridge where you see a Hotel F1 and Ibis on the left), get into the left hand lane and join the A13 heading towards Dagenham and the M25. This is an average speed check road and be careful round the M11, A406 as there's loads of speed cameras (Essex police do need some financing). Once you get to the end of the average speed check, turn left to Dagenham East and then it's the first exit up Rainham Road south and the ground is on your left.