• Carlton Palmer
    • Allardyce
    • Megson
    • Hoddle
    • Souness
    • Gary Johnson
    • Paul Lambert
    • Someone else (please specify)

We need a winner,he would not be popular amongst owlstalk members but I think Dennis Wise is what we need. I am sick of former legends and nice guys, Wise would have the respect of the players for his achievements as player,and would not allow anything other than 100 percent effort,I am sure that as the nasty midfield rat that he was,would quickly address our workshy midfield.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Roland Nilsson my choice but not on the list - Little success in early management but won the title last year in Sweden could be a good choice but would he come to us?

Why is Hughton unrealistic.

He would be a hugely underwhelming appointment.

He's a rookie manager who's reputation has been inflated because of the way he was sacked.

He would be a poo appointment, but would jump at the chance to offered a chance at Wednesday.

Ultimately, Hughton is a coach who is trying his hand at management. In the long run, he'll be found out and end up as some sides Reserve Team Coach.

Bang on.

Won't be the most popular suggestion on here, but I think Paul Tisdale of Exeter is one of the most promising managers in the football league. Working miracles at Exeter on a tiny budget, done a wonderful job of developing and getting the most out of young players - especially in midfield. Play attractive, passing football.

On the minus side, Not a 'name', expectation could harm his career. Lots of fans would probably think it's just going to be Chris Tuner/Brian Laws mk. III (although he's far better than either of them). That passing football doesn't just happen overnight and could take a while for results to improve.

Either way, I think he's a very interesting young manager. If you want to go even further outside the box then see if Dan Petrescu can be lured away from Russia, or even if someone like Temuri Ketsbaia would be interested. Sell it as gateway to management in English football or something.

Guest Triplej2

You idiots, we wont get any of these names!

Probably make Mccauley permanent

Have you not heard we're not £26 million in debt and Milan mandaric is our new chairman?

<br />hahahahaahha I voted for him just for the sake of when I saw his name on the list I couldnt stop laughing. Still more chance of getting him in than O'Neill<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sad but true mate.

I'd go for Johnson ex-Bristol City but only in an attempt to get a team, and back room staff, full of Johnsons.

It'd be a winner from a PR perspective. We could then get sponsorship from Johnsons and Johnsons.

We need an aggressive no nonsense winner.

There is one guy who is a motivator and has acheived promotion with almost every team he's managed.

I'm sick and tired of being the whipping boys for the last decade. We're still as soft as sh!te.

He'll be out of a job in the summer (QPR will want a big name in the summer when he get's them promoted).

Neil Warnock.

He's a tvvat but he's got a proven track record. Fact.

Neil Warnock.

Stop talking sense. Elephant in the room time.

Some on here hate him more than Lee Hughes. And I am not joking.

I would love him to come.

There would never be a dull moment.

Milan nearly got him to go to Portsmouth - but the fans wouldn't have him at Hillsborough.

I want Di Canio, would be a massive appointment imo. The crowds would flood here for his first game, wouldn,'t accept anything less than 100% and it would generate another media buzz about the place.

If not him then Berkamp if we could tempt him away from the Ajax academy.

For the first time in our history we have to think outside of the UK when looking for our next manager, they are all essentially clones of each other. You get attacking mangers that can't organise the defence (Laws type) or you get the AI mould of totally sh*t percentage hoofball.

Also DiCanio kind of fits in with my theory of our most successful spells being under managers with 3/4 syllable surnames, Dickinson, Catterick, Wilkinson, and Atkinson

Remove O'Neil for fooks sake. Its comical all the fans who actually believe he may be a possible appointment.

Its unbelievable we have a managers poll and O'Neill is is an option.

It makes the poll unrealistic and a complete waste of time.

Of course we all want O'Neill ......... guess what we wont be gettin him !!!!

Its unbelievable we have a managers poll and O'Neill is is an option.

It makes the poll unrealistic and a complete waste of time.

Of course we all want O'Neill ......... guess what we wont be gettin him !!!!

Exactly. Is'nt this about the 3rd managers poll we've had in the last month, and O'Neill has been on everyone, with alot, if not the majority of votes. Pointless Poll. Although it's absolutely brilliant that Carlton Palmer was in this one, could'nt stop laughing when I saw his name.

What kind of idiot thought up some of these names........Keegan????? what the *** has he done recently? Big Ron?????? as good as he was dont you think hes a bit old and been out of the game too long? Zola????? my god it gets worse, another one who's done *** all as a manager. O'Neill???? Oh how my sides are hurting with laughter......Souness?????? Jesus Christ I cant see now coz of the tears. Paul Lambert.....Sorry I can't type any more I think i'm having a fit

Edited by cain

What kind of idiot thought up some of these name.......s...Keegan????? what the *** has he done recently? Big Ron?????? as good as he was dont you think hes a bit old and been out of the game too long? Zola????? my god it gets worse, another one who's done *** all as a manager. O'Neill???? Oh how my sides are hurting with laughter......Souness?????? Jesus Christ I cant see now coz of the tears. Paul Lambert.....Sorry I can't type any more I think i'm having a fit

you forgot Carlton Palmer, that one nearly made me urinate myself in laughter