The Spineless Coont

I had a telephone conversation earlier this week with 33 and he raised a very valid point. I make no apologies for repeating this here and I am sure he'll forgive me for stealing his thunder.

Last week, when we were rightfully lambasting Purse, he should have shown his public support for his player. This is what a player would expect and helps cement respect and loyalty to a manager. Instead, he chose not to saying players should expect criticism for not playing well.

This week it's the defence's fault we lost, not his.

Let me remind you he picks the players and prepares them for the game. Once again, he shows no backbone, no leadership qualities, and no support for his players. How does he expect them to work their cobblers off for him when he hangs them out to dry?

Something has gone drastically wrong over the last few weeks, I think I've highlighted a possible reason for this.

We used to hear how all the players respected him and wanted to play for him. Is this still true?

Well let me put it to you like this.

As a worker, having a boss who is a complete spineless dour c_nt must be a Godsend.

Having a manager who players like says to me we have a personality-less twa t in charge who players can walk all over. And it shows on the pitch.

Edited by Furious George

Guest Distraught!

I alluded to exactly the same point in another thread.

Purse left the club by "mutual consent". He could have just left on free transfer to Millwall without any fuss or public announcements of this kind.

I think there is a rift in the squad and Purse said something that got up Irvine's back.

Purse left the club by "mutual consent". He could have just left on free transfer to Millwall without any fuss or public announcements of this kind.

I think there is a rift in the squad and Purse said something that got up Irvine's back.

I heard he told him Heff played well against Charlton

Guest Kevin.Keegan

Why do my posts need approval?

Problem for Irvine is that new players need time to settle, the also don't appear to be on his side which is odd considering he has signed the majority of them.

Guest Distraught!

Whatever people think of Purse's football ability, he was still the club captain. Club captains don't just suddenly leave by "mutual consent" unless something else is not right in the situation. Of course, it is impossible to prove and everybody involved would deny it, but even Clinton Morrison's Twitter comments point to some kind of rift happening. It probably revolves around Irvine's selection policy.

Look after your staff and they'll look after you.At the moment, all I see is someone battling away to protect himself.It was said that AI is a brilliant coach, but no manager. AI set out to prove otherwise.Sadly, it seems the experiment in self exploration has been a disaster. There have been losers all way around, AI, Preston, and ourselves being those to suffer most.Horses for courses. Time to put the coach's tracksuit on again methinks.

Precisely, I was thinking the exact same thing.

I wonder if Purse told him a few home truths or something and AI responded by sending him packing because he hasn't got the qualifications to make such statements.

Well let me put it to you like this.

As a worker, having a boss who is a complete spineless dour c_nt must be a Godsend.

Having a manager who players like says to me we have a personality-less twa t in charge who players can walk all over. And it shows on the pitch.

Words fail me about him !

<br />Might be wrong here, but he didn't even have the decency to apologise to our travelling fans yesterday. <br /><br />The man is a complete bellend and I'll be as happy as hell when he gets sacked.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

When has he ever shown any desire to engage with the fans?

Milan talks about us all working together to make it happen.

Happy to do so once our house is in order. I'm not getting behind this muppet though.

Like most on here, I can see he isn't the right man for the job.

I need to believe in the way we are heading, I need to believe in Milan (which I do), I need to believe in the quality of our playing squad (undecided at this moment in time), and I need to believe in the manager (epic Fail).

Get the ingredients right, then watch us push the club back to the Premiership.

I had a telephone conversation earlier this week with 33 and he raised a very valid point. I make no apologies for repeating this here and I am sure he'll forgive me for stealing his thunder.

Last week, when we were rightfully lambasting Purse, he should have shown his public support for his player. This is what a player would expect and helps cement respect and loyalty to a manager. Instead, he chose not to saying players should expect criticism for not playing well.

This week it's the defence's fault we lost, not his.

Let me remind you he picks the players and prepares them for the game. Once again, he shows no backbone, no leadership qualities, and no support for his players. How does he expect them to work their cobblers off for him when he hangs them out to dry?

Something has gone drastically wrong over the last few weeks, I think I've highlighted a possible reason for this.

We used to hear how all the players respected him and wanted to play for him. Is this still true?

Over the last weeks? More like the last 10 or so years. All the mangers in that time have played more a less the same type of football so that say's to me the manger is only part of the problem.

I feared the worst again when I heard his radio interview, all about how dangerous Orient were as if preparing us for a bad result,something which has been in loads of threads before.

I fear that the main problem with A I is that he insists the team carries out his plans throughout the game and sticks to what they have worked on in the week, thus having no adaptability and no room for players who think on their feet, hence no place for Heff.

I do think we have made great signings but just arent using them to the best of their ability.