The 'who should be manager' thread

Guest surfinjim

Roland Nillson anyone?

Just won the Swedish 1st Division with Malmo.

Just an idea like.

Strachan is also out of work at present. Wouldn't be my choice TBH.

If/when Irvine goes, it would be nice to show some ambition and get a name who has managed and done well at a bigger club.

We've taken chances on "upcoming" managers and each time it has ended badly:

Laws, Irvine, Turner, Sturrock (although I felt the latter deserved more time). I am sure Milan will want a bigger name,

Here is a list of who has lost their jobs so far this season.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/movers.html?seasonid=141

I personally like Chris Hughton or Roy Hodgson (don't think we have much chance of the latter, but you can dream).

Not out of work but would try to get Peter Reid.

Has had promotions and doing a decent job with bare bones Plymouth .

Will motivate the players and will let them play to their strengths, doesn't seem to over complicate things and tells it how it is.

Top 3 for me would be:

1. Hoddle (Assuming no Eileen or any wierd spiritual sh*t of course)

2. Curbishley

3. Reid

First two are long-shots. Peter Reid would probably jump at the chance, although he would need a solid assistant.

Nilsson also not a bad shout, usually do not like ex-players as they seem to get recruited on emotive reasons rather than ability, but Roland seems to be decent.

Definately would not like to see: Allardyce, Megson, Sheridan (sorry Shezza), the first two as we need to start building the fan base and crap football like thers just won't do it. Shezza for the reasons above re: ex-players.

Chris hughton..has a backroom team he can bring as well. Zola would come as poyet would reccomend league 1 and the players would respond to him. Uwe rosler and henning berg combo - actively looking for work in this country after doing great in scandanavia.

Top bloke Uwe Rosler

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Keegan (done it before with Man City and Newcastle

Roland N

Uwe Rosler

In that order.....

AND yes I believe Keegan would come, would bring in the crowds and the players, and the coverage, and would get us back to prem...couldnt care less if he then quitted and walked away.....

I really don't know what is realistic and what isn't with MM and his contacts. Who I would like is one if these, whether they would come is debatable.

Curbishley

Hughton

Lambert

Hodgson

Not a massive fan of Megson and S'OD.

Whoever comes in needs to have a good tram around him and the ability to change a game when it is going wrong!!!

Guest valley owl 2000

Keegan

O'Neil

Zola

Poyet

Bergkamp

Allardyce

Hoddle & Waddle

Hughton

This lot would be better brought in as players and i think

there is as much chance of that as them coming as managers

Pearson

Sheridan

Gary Johnson

In that order.

Ta x

Keegan would have walked away sulking by now if he was our manager

Absolute bullshit mate.

Keegan at Newcastle - Gets them promoted, Nearly wins the Premier League, Establishes them in Premier League, Leaves club with Newcastle in 2nd place and still very much in the title race. Quit when the going got tough? Hardly got tough did it? He felt he couldn't take them further and had dignity and pride to quit (without a pay out).

Keegan at Fulham - One year in charge - Obe promotion - Quits the become England manager (who wouldn't?).

Keegan at England - Out of his depth and he admitted so when he quit afterthe Germany game. Left without a pay out (AGAIN) and did what was best for the country as he wasn't up for the job. Again Dignity and Pride.

Keegan at City - Promotion (by a record margin, points abd goals scored) - Establishes them as Premier League team again and brings European football. Leaves job after four years in charge with a mutual termination with the then owner (City were about 7th in the league at the time, hardly tough going).

Keegan at Newcastle - Mike Ashley. Enough said.

It's a complete myth Keegan is a sulking bottler, who quits when the going gets tough.

He's got a PROVEN record at this level, the next level and the Premier League. He gets teams promoted and leaves them in better positions, not struggling in their leagues.

I'll have some of that please.

Guest Distraught!

If it were possible to get Kevin Keegan, he would be the absolute ideal man for the job. Not only does he have a first class record at getting teams promoted, he is a five foot something bag of charisma. Just his presence would increase the gate by thousands. People that wouldn't dream of attending a football match would be converted by his passion and dreams of playing football the right way.

I have no idea whether he would accept the job but if I were chairman I wouldn't hesitate by one second from asking him.