Return of the Mac

Not seen a thread on him for today yet, and thought he deserved one.

The Radiator is getting a lot of attention after today, and rightly so as he was very good for most of the game. But there were a few times where he looked a little unsure, where he attacked balls he really shouldn't have and left himself out of position, and where he gave the ball away a little cheaply.

I'm struggling to think of a single moment though when Michael Morrison looked to be anything other than completely in control of his part of the field, both defensively and going forward. And this from a guy who...so i'm led to believe...is a more natural centre half. I was REALLY impressed with him today, even in what was an absolutle aberration of a first half.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Agreed Morrison looks the more complete defender on today & last weeks showing.

Johnson looks similar to Beevers imo.

That's not really a compliment is it?

That's really harsh! I think that Johnson has shown that he's got more than enough ability to be an excellent defender, whilst Beevers looks like he has the making of becoming Purse :blink:

Morrison does deserve recognition though and I think he's going to be an absolute rumbleing gem! Great bit of business for 250k

Edited by Owlsinmisery

I can't say i've seen Beevers play that well for along time.

He won just about every header today, kept tight, pressured, did well going forward, didn't just hoof it anywhere when he had a bit of time and attacked the ball well.

Morrison did play very well too.

Guest davylowe

Not seen a thread on him for today yet, and thought he deserved one.

The Radiator is getting a lot of attention after today, and rightly so as he was very good for most of the game. But there were a few times where he looked a little unsure, where he attacked balls he really shouldn't have and left himself out of position, and where he gave the ball away a little cheaply.

I'm struggling to think of a single moment though when Michael Morrison looked to be anything other than completely in control of his part of the field, both defensively and going forward. And this from a guy who...so i'm led to believe...is a more natural centre half. I was REALLY impressed with him today, even in what was an absolutle aberration of a first half.

He looks like carlton palmer when in full flight.

Guest Sniper1

Morrison was very good.

Love the 50/50's takes no prisoners.

Speaking of prisoners we need a right back so Moro can play next to THE RADIATOR.

Morrison was very good.

Love the 50/50's takes no prisoners.

Speaking of prisoners we need a right back so Moro can play next to THE RADIATOR.

flipping moro ffs :laugh:

I must have watched another game.

OK - he didn't do much wrong, but he looked clueless about overlapping JJ/Teale - he never did it! There were times on the right wing today when we was desperate for sometone to overlap and peg it down the wing, this never happened.

I also thought he lacked a bit of fight in the tackle, afraid of the 50/50's...

Sure he'll settle in though.

OK - he didn't do much wrong, but he looked clueless about overlapping JJ/Teale - he never did it! There were times on the right wing today when we was desperate for sometone to overlap and peg it down the wing, this never happened.

Maybe because he's not a right back. He's a centre back who can fill in at right back and doesn't attack much.

He put in plenty of full blooded tackles today?

Didn't look afraid from where I was sitting.

Overall he did ok, not the answer to the right back problem though, won't be long before he's partnering THE RADIATOR.

In the second half in particular, JJ was playing SO high up the pitch that there wasn't a need for an overlap IMO. What was needed, and what we got from Morisson I thought, was a relief ball out from JJ when he couldn't beat his man at the byline or get a delivery in. Someone to lay it off to and keep the move going, which I thought Morisson did well in the second half.

I don't think he has that attacking drive that someone like Simek had, but i'm not sure that was really asked of him today.