James O'Connor

He takes a lot of stick on here (some warranted), but for me today he was a stand out performer.

Constantly hustling and breaking up things in midfield and kept the ball flowing. He was keeping it simple, stretching the play by bringing in both wingers and was also switching some nice cross field balls. Much more industrious and effective than Miller for me today.

Also nearly won it for us in the end.

Praise where it is due J'OC...... now keep it up......

He takes a lot of stick on here (some warranted), but for me today he was a stand out performer.

Constantly hustling and breaking up things in midfield and kept the ball flowing. He was keeping it simple, stretching the play by bringing in both wingers and was also switching some nice cross field balls. Much more industrious and effective than Miller for me today.

flip off

MOTM for me, involved in the game for BOTH halfs not just the 2nd like most others.

he aint good enough and never will be....move him out with purse in the summer.

That's completely not what this is about. Some have seriously mis read it.

Look, I agree he aint good enough to be a regular in this team and generally offers very little. But, today, he put in a very commendable performance, which surely he should be praised for (regardless of pre conceptions or past performances)

Sometimes JOC's performances get overlooked simply because he isnt a flair player or a creative midfielder (or even one of the blue eyed boys)

But what you do get from him is determination and the will to get stuck into touch challenges. He is prepared to do the nitty gritty and break up the play.

That is his job, to win the ball and then give it to the more creative players. You need that sort of player in your midfield.

J'OC today for me was outstanding... threw his foot into every challenge, charged down every ball, went in tough on players, challenged (and won most of) every header, heavily involved in the goals, good positioning off the ball today..... for me MOM with THE RADIATOR!

More of that please J'OC!!

That is all!

Guest totemowl

Can't believe anyone wants to take digs at JOC today. One of our few players who did the business in both halves and second only to THE RADIATOR overall IMO.

Agree with this. JOC was the player who dragged the rest of the team out of the mire today. Without him we'd have been totally lost.

This is the type of thread that shows the difference between people that understand the game and those that dont. He was head and shoulders above any other Owls player in the first half, second half he played just as well but the teams performance was much much better.

Guest JohnFantham

This is the type of thread that shows the difference between people that understand the game and those that dont. He was head and shoulders above any other Owls player in the first half, second half he played just as well but the teams performance was much much better.

Spot on!

Guest Sniper1

I thought JOC was our outstanding player first half.

Would much rather have Micheal Essien playing in midfield but today JOC was very, very good.

Charlton's midfield aren't bad either.

Well done JOC.

Still think he will be replaced by a midfielder with more of a presence.

Semedo could do a job for us.