Nominate your 'Fan of the Year'

Surely it has to be Grandad

To be attacked by the club like he was and still be a fan is unbelievable loyalty

I would never set foot in the place ever again

Fan of the Decade in my opinion

Guest owlsthatthen

for me bull, sid or the mad owl who drove from switzerland for the bristol rovers game in the snow

but sid deserves it proper wednesday fan who didnt miss matches and then that tragedy hartlepool my vote goes to sid

We need someone who INSPIRES us..

Say (for example) someone who provides an online community site that's second to none..

Someone who (again just an example) spends thousands of pounds on camera gear to take thousands of photos so that the fans have photos of their football experience - all for FREE

Someone with MASSIVE sex appeal

Someone who understands the sublime skills of Owen Morrison

Someone who keeps the music of BROS alive...

consider it done :wink:

Bob Grierson.....despite being given a life presidency with all the free trappings of the boardroom, he stuck to his word and couldn't wait to get back on the Kop shouting for us to sack the manager......has anyway bumped in to him yet

Say (for example) someone who provides an online community site that's second to none..

Someone who (again just an example) spends thousands of pounds on camera gear to take thousands of photos so that the fans have photos of their football experience - all for FREE

To be fair this isn't a bad shout.

• Set up and run Owlstalk for well over a decade at huge personal expense in hosting costs over the years
  • Given Wednesday fans somewhere to meet online and chat 24 hours a day, from anywhere the world
  • Facilitated many, many charitable fundraisers through the site (on one occasion helping to raise £10,000 in the space of a week for Weston Park hospital through Grandad's postings)
  • Went through hell and back to try and protect users and supporters during shameful legal action
  • Purchased and organised tables at a number of club events
  • Voluntarily done crowd photographs for the past year
  • Voluntarily did the photoshoot for the Season Ticket campaign
  • Worked all hours to help with the photoshopping and creative for the Season Ticket campaign
  • Contributed numerous ideas over the years to help out the club
  • Raised several thousands of pounds to go directly to the club (including the sponsorship of SEVEN - so far - players in the space of this last weekend) with help from a number of users.

There's absolutely loads more that I am sure people can add when sending in their nomination. Just think - at it's most basic, you wouldn't be reading this thread, or indeed this site. :wink:

Guest Deleted member

There are far more deserving suggestions than me.

I always forget his name - but the old chap who goes home and away all over the country - I see him every time - hes travelled for years and I dont think hes missed a game in something like 40 years (I will remember but Im getting old)

I also go along with the idea of Sid

Not so much with the lad in Tenerife - although what he did was heroic - he didnt do it cos hes a Wednesday fan

Rita Nettleship - former secretary of the Supporters Club for years and years - and still selling programmes every match day to cover her entrance fee

And in all seriousness - why not Neil??

He has provided at great personal cost to himself, for 10 years now, a brilliant service for nearly 15,000 Wednesday fans (yes I know 14000 are his aliases) to meet online and come together as a community... Owlstalk is his creation, its raised many thousands of pounds over the years for worthy causes, provided a service for exiled fans to feel closer to their club, and even sorted the takeover??

Take a bow Neil mate - the boy done good...

You had me until then. :laugh:

Actually, I didn't think of you at first but It's so obvious!

I'll get voting