Play-Off's in Cardiff ?

Eyup Lads, new poster here !

Im a long(ish) time reader though :biggrin:

Just wondering if anyone knows 100% where this season's play-off final is going to be ?

Different people seem to "know" different things. I am going to try and get champions league final tickets in the hope Barca make it ... might be a busy couple of days down to London, back up and then down to Cardiff !

Anyway, sorry if already posted somewhere and look forward to your replies !

"While both the Football League and Wembley Stadium have admitted that the issue of staging next season’s play-off finals remains "unresolved," Telegraph Sport can disclose that Manchester United have been asked to tender for the right to host the three-game package at the 76,212-capacity Old Trafford.

United chief operating officer Michael Bollingbroke has submitted the club’s bid to host next season’s Championship, League One and League Two play-off finals and a United spokesman has insisted that the club would be "delighted to host the play-offs" should their bid prove successful.

Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, which hosted the play-off finals from 2001 to 2006 during the reconstruction of Wembley, and Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium are also believed to be under consideration as the Football League attempt to resolve the issue of staging the 2011 finals.

The League has a 20-year deal with Wembley to host the hugely-successful play-offs, but the Football Association’s success in attracting the 2011 Champions League to Wembley has placed a seemingly immovable object in front of the League.

Uefa has insisted on May 28, 2011 as the date for next season’s Champions League final — the same day as scheduled for the League Two play-off final. "

FA Cup final is 14th of May

Champions League Final is May 28th

Championship Playoff Final is May 30th

League one and League two play off finals date and venue haven't been decided yet (I don't think). I think the venue will either be Cardiff or Old Trafford!

UEFA rules state that the pitch the Champions League is to be played on can't have any game played on it in the 2 weeks leading up to the final, so no game can be played at Wembly between the 14th and 28th of May!

Bloody hell ! One chance we get to sample the new Wembley and the CL final goes and fluff's it up !

Typical !

We're still in the FA Cup...

Besides, we're going up automatically this season anyway. Save Wembley for the Championship playoff final next season as we beat Leeds 5-0

Do you think The FA will wait and see which teams make up the final and select a neutral ground between the two teams based on distance etc? Two northern teams then Old Trafford would be the likely option if they go down this line of thinking.

Do you think The FA will wait and see which teams make up the final and select a neutral ground between the two teams based on distance etc? Two northern teams then Old Trafford would be the likely option if they go down this line of thinking.

I wouldn't think so, it's stated that a "three game package" has been tendered for, so all three playoff finals will be played at the same venue.

That would make it almost impossible to pick a neutral venue between teams.

Unless of course all six teams were northern/southern.

Just wondering if anyone knows 100% where this season's play-off final is going to be ?

Different people seem to "know" different things. I am going to try and get champions league final tickets in the hope Barca make it ... might be a busy couple of days down to London, back up and then down to Cardiff !

I was looking at champions league final tickets aswell, but when i saw the cheapest was over 900 quid and the most expensive over 2,200 quid i thought flip THAT for a game of conkers!!!!

http://www.ticketfinders.com.au/Sport/Soccer%20Tickets/Champions%20League%20Tickets/1761/?gclid=CIvi6ebhrKYCFYUe4QodhFp4ZA

Edited by eckington owl

I'm 100% sure that no one knows for sure ! :ph34r:

Get them in Cardiff. It's better than Wembley anyway.

Right in the city centre beats miles from anywhere Wembley any time

I didn't go to Cardiff so i can't really compare, but i went to Wembley to watch England a couple of years ago and it was awesome, and would be an absolute honour to see Wednesday play there. Reguardless of it surroundings it's our national stadium.

Get them in Cardiff. It's better than Wembley anyway.

Right in the city centre beats miles from anywhere Wembley any time

As a stadium Wembley is miles better

I see what you mean about the vibe created by location though - and its to Wembley's eternal shame this wasn't addressed when it was rebuilt - Ken Bates had the vision with his Wembley Village but it was jettisoned as the costs grew.

This could, and should, still happen because there is more than enough space and wasteland around the stadium to accomodate the fans who want to eat and drink there

Should be on the agenda for building now the stadium is established - the "biggies" like Macs, KFV, Pizza Hut, Wetherspoons etc can pay the bulk of it - then have loads of portable stuff like beer tents, eateries etc

Would make the experience of Wembley (which is awesome as its a breathtaking stadium) complete