Parkin

I think he would have teared the is league a new one but would have ment proper hoof ball. Don't blame him for going to Cardiff, though I do wonder how many games he'll get with Bellamy, Chopra, Boothroyd and Keogh there, even if Boothroyd leaves.

Guest Willyowl

Cardiff is an odd choice for Parkin given the way they play. Can't see him getting much of a look in there to be honest but there is the potential of Premiership football next season which is the pull I guess.

I was never entirely convinced that he is the way we should be going anyway.

Last season I think there was a very strong argument for signing him which was further enunciated every time we played them.

But this season I think Mellor is performing the burly-lad-up-front job quite well - and I think that he's more capable than Parkin of scoring goals.

If we are going to bring in another striker I'd like it to be someone with real pace; although I'd sooner see Heffernan utilized much more to be honest.

Interesting though that we'd made an offer for Parkin, as well as showing an interest in Edson Buddle; very different strikers from each other, so it would seem that Irvine just wants to add bodies (albeit quality bodies) to the squad, rather than having a specific type of striker in mind.

He's the sort of player we need, especially with the way we play with a nice big gap betwen the front two and the rest of the team. Wouldn't be pretty but it would make a big difference.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's why Cardiff have signed him.

He can make the difference in a shitty, tight game like Monday's.

Not nice but needed IMO.

Telegraph

"In a further indication of his new-found bargaining power, the Sheffield Wednesday manager also confirms today that he agreed a £100,000 deal with Preston for Jon Parkin only for the striker to plump for a move to Cardiff."

Love the use of the word plump.

What would you have thought had he signed?

we have to get away from this ...buy it if it's had a preston shirt on...

“Some people said the break suited us but it really didn’t,” Irvine insisted. “I didn’t want it, that’s for sure. There’s a real danger of players getting soft and I was terrified of that before we played Huddersfield.

:rolleyes:

So we went into that game full of confidence.