SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY V HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

Guest James-The-Owl

*does a little bit of maths...* I have a 66% win record away from home this season :biggrin: although last season I went to ten and only saw us win once and we only got one draw for that matter as well. Eight defeats, not good.

AI just been on SSN, Huddersfield have spent a lot of money and have a strong squad. Having heard him and noted his demeanour I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat for us. I'd like to play 5-5-0 and try and keep it respectable. Anything less than a 7 goal defeat will be an achievement by the sound of it.

AI just been on SSN, Huddersfield have spent a lot of money and have a strong squad. Having heard him and noted his demeanour I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat for us. I'd like to play 5-5-0 and try and keep it respectable. Anything less than a 7 goal defeat will be an achievement by the sound of it.

saw that too, it made me cringe, he certainly likes to play as the underdog.

Is this not just a form of reverse psychology on AI's part, lets put pressure on the opposing team and manager and help it to breed complacency in the opposition?

Just a thought, plenty of other managers are known to do it.

Regards,

Is this not just a form of reverse psychology on AI's part, lets put pressure on the opposing team and manager and help it to breed complacency in the opposition?

Regards,

I'd find that easier to believe if we went out and hammered teams with fast flowing attacking football that utilises players in their strongest positions and forces the opposition to change their gameplan. The fact we dont leads me to believe that he isn't playing mind games, he's actually pooing himself.

Christ I can't wait to get rid of this clown.

Why for once can he not say something along the lines of "Yes they've got some good players, but we're Sheffield Wednesday and so do we. We're going there to win and we'll be aiming to impose our gameplan on them from the first whistle".

If we go to these today and sit back then he should be sacked. I can already hear the chants of 'attack attack attack' coming from the Wednesday end today.

Regards,

It hasn't worked very well for us thus far, he bigs up the lesser teams in the division and we get played off the park while either drawing or winning, or he bigs up the better teams in the division while nine times out of ten getting played off the park and losing.

He has to get a result against a better team today surely as our thin promotion chances will demand it. The home fixture against Huddersfield was absolutely dire, Irvine should have been sacked after that one.