I KNOW I'M GONNA GET SLATED

Agree with the OP entirely.

Were 2nd in the league, regardless of "games in hand" its points on the board and we're at least in a playoff place once other teams play their games.

We have no devine right to "pi55 the league" and be top from start to end.

Some of our best players are Irvine signings, and probably the best signings we've seen in years.

Southampton were tipped to "pi55 the league", and look where they are.

The games I have been to this year (MK and Northampton) have been entertaining. I've no doubt there has been some dire games too, but thats what i have witnessed myself.

With some improvements in defence and midfield in January, we should be in a good position to push on and start to secure a promotion place.

Badges or no badges, I have more faith in Irvine than the armchair Championship Managers on here.

I dont need our manager to massage my ego. If I had someone unqualified telling me how to do my job, i'd tell them where to stick it too.

The major dissapointment has been last weekend. To be fair i think we all, including the team walked into the game thinking it was a done deal, forgetting that it was a massive game for a decent side at home who would have been well up for it in poor conditions.

Lets remind ouselves of of our finishing position in our first season in league 1 (league 2 back in 03/04). We were nearly relegated again!

Guest Triplej2

Were 2nd in the league, regardless of "games in hand" its points on the board and we're at least in a playoff place once other teams play their games.

Some of our best players are Irvine signings, and probably the best signings we've seen in years.

The games I have been to this year (MK and Northampton) have been entertaining. I've no doubt there has been some dire games too, but thats what i have witnessed myself.

With some improvements in defence and midfield in January, we should be in a good position to push on and start to secure a promotion place.

Badges or no badges, I have more faith in Irvine than the armchair Championship Managers on here.

I dont need our manager to massage my ego. If I had someone unqualified telling me how to do my job, i'd tell them where to stick it too.

The major dissapointment has been last weekend. To be fair i think we all, including the team walked into the game thinking it was a done deal, forgetting that it was a massive game for a decent side at home who would have been well up for it in poor conditions.

Lets remind ouselves of of our finishing position in our first season in league 1 (league 2 back in 03/04). We were nearly relegated again!

You're a bloke like irvine's dream.

MY major diappointments were getting ***** slapped at hillsborough by huddersfield, taught a footballing lesson by the mighty Bury, getting Ole'd by bournemouth and half a dozen other such soccer juggernauts, getting roundly dispatched by Carlisle TWICE and swindon, being mugged off by Brentford on the telly, oh yeah, and that 5-1 demolition/humiliation by Exeter flipping city.

Who gives a flip about last time we were in this division, it's totally irrelevant.

I'm not even gonna get into the stupid game plans he employs or the repeated picking of under performers.

As for dissing people without a coaching badge? it's disgusting, Stevie Wonder can see his f*ckwit scaredy cat tactics aren't gonna get us up automatically.

When teams have played their games in hand and we've lost a couple over the holiday period we will be in our rightful spot, about 7th, 8th or 9th. NOT flipping GOOD ENOUGH!

Edited by Triplej2

Guest Big Guns

happy flippingclappers are out in force today get real

Oh my days.

Rarely have I seen so many jaw-dropping excuses and so much nonsense in one post.

Wow, I'm speechless from the dogger you've wrote there. Wake the *** up pal stop living in a happy clapping bubble and see how blatantly obvious it is that things are far from right.

difficult to know where i stand on irvine must admit he doesnt come across as inspiring and his tactics can be dour but he as got us up there challenging for promotion without spending any real money and as made some decent signings .to say he hasnt been here a full year yet think its harsh to be over critical but thats the way of football nowadays everyone wants instant success.probably the best manager i've seen at hillsboro was jack charlton and it took him 3 years to get wednesday out of the 3rd division and he did with dour football but dont recall anyone calling for his head but they surely would if he was here today .seems to me the players that get slagged the most on here are players that irvine inherited from laws and he cant really be judged until he gets his own squad in .

You're a bloke like irvine's dream.

MY major diappointments were getting ***** slapped at hillsborough by huddersfield, taught a footballing lesson by the mighty Bury, getting Ole'd by bournemouth and half a dozen other such soccer juggernauts, getting roundly dispatched by Carlisle TWICE and swindon, being mugged off by Brentford on the telly, oh yeah, and that 5-1 demolition/humiliation by Exeter flipping city.

Who gives a flip about last time we were in this division, it's totally irrelevant.

I'm not even gonna get into the stupid game plans he employs or the repeated picking of under performers.

As for dissing people without a coaching badge? it's disgusting, Stevie Wonder can see his f*ckwit scaredy cat tactics aren't gonna get us up automatically.

When teams have played their games in hand and we've lost a couple over the holiday period we will be in our rightful spot, about 7th, 8th or 9th. NOT flipping GOOD ENOUGH!

Well said that man.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Thank you Alan! 2 game expert! So you'll be attending more games then????????????

As far as im concerned reading half the posts on here it makes me wonder if we really are all WEDNESDAY at all. All the Irvine out merchants FFS give the man a break and lets see what we do in january. People keep saying we should be up there' with the players we've got. Were 2nd And the players that the moaning fookers are on about were brought in by who ? Irvine. He knows he needs players in Jan' Im siure he dont need us to tell him where our weaknesses are. I remember loads of people rating Sturrock. What short memories people have got the football was dire and he just got lucky in the play offs. I even read on here the other day that we're only 2nd because we've played 2 games more than anyone else. Does the dimwit realize we lost both of them. We really do have a bunch of moaning two hats as supporters. If we do get promotion at the end of the season And all the ground's singing & bouncing to Alan Irvines Barmy Army' I hope he just waves and thinks to himself ' you set of 2 faced two hats......................................Waits for slating :rolleyes:

The rest of the post is deluded enough, but this is the bit which makes you sound like a complete wee wee tail.

No not at all, it doesn't suit my lifestyle so I can usually only make 4 or 5 games a year. big respect to those who go week in week out though, and they are certainly better placed to comment on the football side, hence why I qualified which games I had witnessed as I felt we played well. the regulars would probably agree. Got lucky there I guess?

For me Irvine signed some decent players with no money in the summer, with the additional concern of admin looming. I believe the team will be much much better given some money to spend in jan. I can't see him signing up any lemons like Jeffers and fat lad, yet most were perfectly happy with Laws as manager??

So with what is not a bad league position around half way through the season, we should be a stronger side in the second half and be able to push for promotion. I don't care how we play to get there, we tried the fancy stuff with laws and it failed.

Time will tell I guess, but I get the feeling that even with automatic promotion it still won't be good enough for some

the reason people rated King Sturrock is that he took us up with a completely mediocre team and overachieved

the reason people dont rate Irvine is because we have one of the biggest wage bills in the league and the best squad of players in the league (maybe peterborough apart). the fact is to most we simply havnt looked at all like a team capable of promotion

As far as im concerned reading half the posts on here it makes me wonder if we really are all WEDNESDAY at all. All the Irvine out merchants FFS give the man a break and lets see what we do in january. People keep saying we should be up there' with the players we've got. Were 2nd And the players that the moaning fookers are on about were brought in by who ? Irvine. He knows he needs players in Jan' Im siure he dont need us to tell him where our weaknesses are. I remember loads of people rating Sturrock. What short memories people have got the football was dire and he just got lucky in the play offs. I even read on here the other day that we're only 2nd because we've played 2 games more than anyone else. Does the dimwit realize we lost both of them. We really do have a bunch of moaning two hats as supporters. If we do get promotion at the end of the season And all the ground's singing & bouncing to Alan Irvines Barmy Army' I hope he just waves and thinks to himself ' you set of 2 faced two hats......................................Waits for slating :rolleyes:

Bang on the button mate

Bang on the button mate

We're not second in real terms though are we? There are no fewer than ten teams (ie. almost half of the division) that can catch us if they win their games in hand. And yes, of course I'm aware that it is impossible for all of them to do so, but it is clear that when those games are played we will be dropping three or four places. Still happy?

How about a 1-5 drubbing at Exeter rumbleing City?

Looking utterly hopeless for an hour against a bunch of plumbers and window fitters on live TV and letting them draw level not once, but twice?

Being outplayed and almost losing to no fewer than three League Two teams this season?

Being third from bottom in the division (as of a week or two ago) in terms of goal attempts despite perhaps the best collection of attacking players at this level by some distance?

We're not second in real terms though are we? There are no fewer than ten teams (ie. almost half of the division) that can catch us if they win their games in hand. And yes, of course I'm aware that it is impossible for all of them to do so, but it is clear that when those games are played we will be dropping three or four places. Still happy?

How about a 1-5 drubbing at Exeter rumbleing City?

Looking utterly hopeless for an hour against a bunch of plumbers and window fitters on live TV and letting them draw level not once, but twice?

Being outplayed and almost losing to no fewer than three League Two teams this season?

Being third from bottom in the division (as of a week or two ago) in terms of goal attempts despite perhaps the best collection of attacking players at this level by some distance?

Mortimer - I was fully an Irvine out man at close of last season. A horrible capitulation to League 1 and a ridiculous appointment, a clear step down from Laws. Had I been Chairman I'd have given him his P45 after the Palace match.

However, DESPITE:

1. Playing some horrible football

2. Having played more games than other teams

3. Getting our pants pulled down by Exeter at the weekend, our 8th defeat.

We sit second.

DJM - this is a poor league. Much poorer than the last time we were down here. I think we'll finish in the top 2 as a result. So no need to can the manager. I'd rather wait until back in the CCC, where we can attract a better manager than from where we sit now.

Sorry, what league are we in?

I wasn't aware that you move up the league for ATTEMPTS on goal as opposed to those that actually cross the line. The be all and end all of it is we are still 2nd until knocked off that spot.

Mortimer - I was fully an Irvine out man at close of last season. A horrible capitulation to League 1 and a ridiculous appointment, a clear step down from Laws. Had I been Chairman I'd have given him his P45 after the Palace match.

However, DESPITE:

We sit second.

DJM - this is a poor league. Much poorer than the last time we were down here. I think we'll finish in the top 2 as a result. So no need to can the manager. I'd rather wait until back in the CCC, where we can attract a better manager than from where we sit now.

Couldn't put it any better

Sorry, what league are we in?

So you don't think it has any bearing on our abilities or likely finishing position that we were on a par with a bunch of part-timers for over an hour and were extremely fortunate to beat Bury, Northampton and Chesterfield?

However, DESPITE:

We sit second.

I appreciate what you say and clearly we are not in a terrible position, just one rather worse than we ought to be. And to be clear, not a single time have I actually called for Irvine to be sacked for a number of different reasons. However, citing how utterly woeful our contemporaries are is hardly the most resounding case for keeping our manager in place is it? And if we are promoted, how confident are we that Irvine is the right man for a higher level?

So you don't think it has any bearing on our abilities or likely finishing position that we were on a par with a bunch of part-timers for over an hour and were extremely fortunate to beat Bury, Northampton and Chesterfield?

Not really. We got the results and aint that all that matters?

It's a weel known fact that teams will play higher than their usual standard when faced with a team a lot higher up the leagues than them. That's why Havant and Waterlooville done themselves justice against Liverpool, but will go and get thumped by Fisher Athletic. It's the reason why Leeds beat Man United at Old Trafford last season. It's called the giant killing mentality and we need to counter it by not being complacent.