I KNOW I'M GONNA GET SLATED

I have held back on the AI out chanting. I figured we ought to give the bloke a chance. There have been times when it has looked like he was turning the corner and each time it all goes wrong. apart from Brighton I dont remember us beating anyone good so maybe all we can expect is to beat the mid to lower teams and I'm not sure that is good enough.

Then there was Exeter. Well, I'm sorry but getting beaten 5.1 by ANYBODY in this league is just not good enough.

Having said all that, I'd hate to think that we might end up with someone worse, which we often do, so wanting someone out always comes with a tinge of doubt.

And what has the second highest wage bill got to do with anything. Chelseas Probably top wage bill in the prem. But they are'nt top.

Man City have the highest wage bill - but that aside neither City or Chelsea are losing almost as many as they're winning either.

And they're not regularly getting undressed by mediocre teams either

same thing every year for the last 17 years sack the manager when will people realise that changing your manager every year doesnt work .irvines been in charge for 40 odd games he still as players he inherited that he probably doesnt want but as to play but due to the embargo and injuries he has no choice.someone posted he's had enough games to have sorted out the side well thats crap look at big ron he had been in charge for over 50 games and still got relegated . warnock we all agree is the best manager pigs have had but how there fans used to slag him as the anti-christ of football in his 1st 4 years there but there board stuck with him and he got them up but took him 6 years to do it .we then come to if he was to be sacked who do we replace him with gamble on some up and coming manager (howe ,tisdale,o driscoll etc )who have no experience of managing a big club just like we did before with wilson,yorath,jewell or do we go for the experienced ones who've been round the block a few times with little success like francis,pleat ,shreeves ,laws .give the guy more time let him build is own side then judge him ...

Edited by torryowl

Man City have the highest wage bill - but that aside neither City or Chelsea are losing almost as many as they're winning either.

You mean like Everton the other day ?

We've lost as many games as both of them together - and both of them are supposed to be in some sort of "crisis"

if you mean me by only going to a few games your very wrong. ST holder on the kop for years. And what has the second highest wage bill got to do with anything. Chelseas Probably top wage bill in the prem. But they are'nt top.

You see, this is what puzzles me. I just can't understand that someone goes to watch this team every week, and then says "yes, I am satisfied with this level of entertainment/performance, and happy with Alan Irvine".

How do you justify this opinion, exactly? "We're second in the league" doesn't really cut it - I'm a massive Wednesdayite, been going home and away for 30 years, yet there are times when I've come away depressed this season even when we've won, such is the tedium and apparent lack of tactics.

The club will only progress under someone elses stewardship

under Irvine, the negative, dour, boring and aim for a draw and scrape a win if we can football will not get us up the leauge

everybody saw our capitulation last season in the championship.. he threw an 8point lead above the bottom clubs away down the karzy. we were gifted lifeline after lifeline yet couldn't muster up the courage to beat Palace on the final day. a palace team that had been struggling for weeks. He should have been bumped off after that game, thanks for the effort, but there's the door sir, all the best for the future

instead he's been gifted with a 3 and a half year contract to lead us to mid table obscurity in league one

Guest Triplej2

same thing every year for the last 17 years sack the manager when will people realise that changing your manager every year doesnt work .irvines been in charge for 40 odd games he still as players he inherited that he probably doesnt want but as to play but due to the embargo and injuries he has no choice.someone posted he's had enough games to have sorted out the side well thats crap look at big ron he had been in charge for over 50 games and still got relegated . warnock we all agree is the best manager pigs have had but how there fans used to slag him as the anti-christ of football in his 1st 4 years there but there board stuck with him and he got them up but took him 6 years to do it .we then come to if he was to be sacked who do we replace him with gamble on some up and coming manager (howe ,tisdale,o driscoll etc )who have no experience of managing a big club just like we did before with wilson,yorath,jewell or do we go for the experienced ones who've been round the block a few times with little success like francis,pleat ,shreeves ,laws .give the guy more time let him build is own side then judge him ...

We didn't even go down with a fight last season, it was a pathetic capitulation hand in hand with Irvine's ridiculous inability to identify the points needed to stay up.if ever there was a time to go gung-ho it was the last dozen or so games of last season.

How the f*ck can you compare atkinson to this idiot. We played some amazing stuff the year we went down and only went down in freakish circumstances. What did Atkinson do to make amends? Beat the mighty Man utd in the league cup final and got us instant promotion. He repaired the damage, he made the team come back stronger, he sorted the inefficiencies.

I'd honestly say Irvine has taken us backwards. WORSE than when laws was here. We're psychologically brittle, physically weak, lacking in creativity and flow and most of the time unable to entertain the fans as the attendances show.

.....and no, we're not truly 2nd in the league, far from it.

at the end of the day there isnt really any point in arguing about it

if Irvine is as bad as we say he is (which he is), Milan will sack him

it may take 4-5 games but he will be gone

and im afraid if Howard doesnt like it then bye bye Howard

all this club needs now is a manager that connects with the fans, which gets them flocking back

and someone capable of motivating and organising a team

ie everything that Irvine ISNT!!

We didn't even go down with a fight last season, it was a pathetic capitulation hand in hand with Irvine's ridiculous inability to identify the points needed to stay up.if ever there was a time to go gung-ho it was the last dozen or so games of last season.

How the f*ck can you compare atkinson to this idiot. We played some amazing stuff the year we went down and only went down in freakish circumstances. What did Atkinson do to make amends? Beat the mighty Man utd in the league cup final and got us instant promotion. He repaired the damage, he made the team come back stronger, he sorted the inefficiencies.

I'd honestly say Irvine has taken us backwards. WORSE than when laws was here. We're psychologically brittle, physically weak, lacking in creativity and flow and most of the time unable to entertain the fans as the attendances show.

.....and no, we're not truly 2nd in the league, far from it.

i'm not for 1 minute comparing him with atkinson what im saying is 40 games using players he probably doesnt want is not enough to justify sacking him ,atkinson couldnt do it in such a short space of time what makes you think irvine should be any different ,the signings he as made are better than the ones he inherited think we all agree on that one .three or four signings in january to replace the deadwood and then he somewhere near having his own team then is the time to judge him .

Can you give an example of a poor team now performing well after sacking their previous manager within the last 12 months?

Brighton were in the relegation zone 13 months ago when they sacked Slade and appointed Poyet.

You can be pedantic and say that's not in the last 12 months if you want, but the point still stands.

Why? It's irrelevant to our situation. You're saying changing managers won't make a difference when you have a poor team. WE DO NOT HAVE A POOR TEAM. It's one of the best in the division.

Its a genuine question wonderland, you dont have to be so defensive about it.

I can think of lots of managers who with longevity have performed well, even ones that within the first year or two came very close to a sacking (Ferguson for one) but I cant think of any teams that have achieved by changing manages every 12 months. So I dont think saying "you don't get anywhere by sacking managers bullshit" is bullshit.

Poyet is a good example, but on its own its the exception to the norm

I'm not defensive about it, you just sometimes have to be blunt when you feel like you're talking to a brick wall of ignorance. "You shouldn't sack managers" - Ok, what if you have a poo poo one like we have? (And the statistics support the fact that he's underachieved).

For the sake of stopping you rabbiting on about this completely unrelated matter; Sven at Leicester, Hughton at Newcastle, Coyle at Bolton, Warnock at QPR, Lambert at Norwich, Boothroyd at Coventry.

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland

I'm not defensive about it, you just sometimes have to be blunt when you feel like you're talking to a brick wall of ignorance. "You shouldn't sack managers" - Ok, what if you have a poo poo one like we have? (And the statistics support the fact that he's underachieved).

For the sake of stopping you rabbiting on about this completely unrelated matter; Sven at Leicester, Hughton at Newcastle, Coyle at Bolton, Warnock at QPR, Lambert at Norwich, Boothroyd at Coventry.

well, it would have been a lot simpler to just answer the question first time round. For the record, It wasnt me who said "you shouldn't sack managers"

Not a bad list, some maybe a bit tenuous. Hughton would be awesome but i think he's probably not interested in L1 football, and maybe lacks experience in lower leagues. Who would you have, sensible choices only?

well, it would have been a lot simpler to just answer the question first time round. For the record, It wasnt me who said "you shouldn't sack managers"

Not a bad list, some maybe a bit tenuous. Hughton would be awesome but i think he's probably not interested in L1 football, and maybe lacks experience in lower leagues. Who would you have, sensible choices only?

I wasn't saying you did mate, I was just talking about this "sacking managers gets you nowhere" line that people trot out when they don't have any actual facts to back up their argument.

I'm not claiming to know who the right man is to turn this club around though, I never have, I just strongly believe it isn't Irvine. Although I've been saying for years we need a Cloughie/Mourinho type to come in and change the culture of the whole club, top to bottom. Strong willed, grit, determination, balls, etc etc

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland