I KNOW I'M GONNA GET SLATED

Mortimer - I was fully an Irvine out man at close of last season. A horrible capitulation to League 1 and a ridiculous appointment, a clear step down from Laws. Had I been Chairman I'd have given him his P45 after the Palace match.

However, DESPITE:

1. Playing some horrible football

2. Having played more games than other teams

3. Getting our pants pulled down by Exeter at the weekend, our 8th defeat.

We sit second.

DJM - this is a poor league. Much poorer than the last time we were down here. I think we'll finish in the top 2 as a result. So no need to can the manager. I'd rather wait until back in the CCC, where we can attract a better manager than from where we sit now.

What a contradictory load of bull poo poo.

We arent 2nd on a points per game analysis we are in 7th. FFS hoow stupid is that 'we are in 2nd arguement' when in real terms we arent.

Its no different to saying look my wages have gone in the bank I am worth 1500 quid, when all the bills have come out there's a quarter of it left.

flipping bizarre some people

In real terms we are 2nd.

Look at the league table.

Your argument is as silly as me saying we are 1st because I think that is where we will finish.

So all ten teams who can catch us with their games in hand are going to fail to do so !?

Don't be silly.

If we were 8th with games in hand you'd say we were 8th, not 2nd, and that 8th isn't good enough.

You are taking lines of argument that suit your agenda. I am simply stating we are currently 2nd.

If we were 8th with games in hand you'd say we were 8th, not 2nd, and that 8th isn't good enough.

You are taking lines of argument that suit your agenda. I am simply stating we are currently 2nd.

No agenda is necessary. When all the games in hand are taken into account we WILL be a number of places lower than we currently are. That is incontrovertible, not prejudice.

Guest Triplej2

He's had 47 league games to get us functioning properly but we're still a side that's capable of trouncing the hapless but equally capable of being torn apart by average and good sides.

I can honsestly say right now that we are not a team, we're a bunch of individuals who unless are gifted the points by the truly sh*te we haven't got a scooby how to cope.

It's embarrassing and wholly wrong after 47 games.

This is more or less the same group of defenders who up until last season were part of a team finishing comfortably in the championship,

so how can it not be down to motivation?? have they just become crap overnight?

if its confidence then who's job is it to give them the confidence and belief???

How on earth u can say he's had no opportunity to change i dont know, hes bought in EIGHT players

if we dont have one of the best squads in the division then why the hell are we paying them the best wages?

its because they are players that have had prem/championship experience and should NOT be losing 5-1 to bloody exeter!!

He got rid of all the players he could in the summer or did I miss summat and we turned down mega bucks for these defenders .

He brought in 9 new players including two full backs , one who is injured and one who is better going forward than defending.

He like the rest of us thought central defenders who had played a couple of years in the Champioship would be fine in league 1. Trouble is like the rest of us he was wrong.

Since the summer we have had a transfer embargo and now two defenders injured so as I said he has not been able to change it.

DJM - this is a poor league. Much poorer than the last time we were down here. I think we'll finish in the top 2 as a result. So no need to can the manager. I'd rather wait until back in the CCC, where we can attract a better manager than from where we sit now.

hmmm...

and yet we've already lost eight times before Christmas

played off the park in some instances by these poor teams

I'll have to think about it! huh.gif

And of course the 'Irvine bashing' negativity isn't a factor?

What came first; underachievement or fans complaining about it?

:wink:

Examples such as Lewis Buxton prove that if people merit the praise then they will get it, regardless of what went before but the cart doesn't pull the horse.

Some replys are beyond me..

1 ) We arent 2nd because other teams can overtake us with games in hand......... You mean like we could have been top if we beat Exeter.

2 ) Worst fefeat in our history.................How old are you.

Just shows the mentality of some people.

Sooner have pts on the board

If my auntie had bolllox would shebe my uncle.

There is rift between the people who have been to a few games and see we are second and the people who have been to all the matches and seen just how pathetic we have looked against teams like Bury and Chesterfield, and realise we are about 8th in the league, cant beat any half decentvteams and hace lost faith in promotion,

I think the people who have been to a few matches should take our word for how things are,

We are worried we wont get a point all January with AI in charge, statistically we are looking at one point in jan, then the fixtures catch up in February we could be in the bottom ten!!!

Im not trying to be all doom n gloom, i just hate people defending the team and the manager when we have un-workable the season up already and need a new manager ASAP.....

Some replys are beyond me..

1 ) We arent 2nd because other teams can overtake us with games in hand......... You mean like we could have been top if we beat Exeter.

Sooner have pts on the board

If my auntie had bolllox would shebe my uncle.

Overlooking for now your glib reliance on cliches and accepted wisdom, do you really think that all ten (that's T-E-N) teams that can catch us by winning their games in hand will fail to do so? In all likelihood, in real terms we are more like 6th or 7th than 2nd. One poster has taken our points per game average and compared it with previous seasons. As I recall he found that our current level of performance is consistent with that kind of finish over the course of a full season. Is that really good enough?

What came first; underachievement or fans complaining about it?

:wink:

Examples such as Lewis Buxton prove that if people merit the praise then they will get it, regardless of what went before but the cart doesn't pull the horse.

Point taken, but the underachievement goes back further than Irvine. While I'm not suggesting blind optimism, Wednesday fans (... well, football fans in general) need to leave the pessimism of yester-year and, with the new dawn that has broken for the club, see what a Wednesday manager can do when given a chance with some money.

Point taken, but the underachievement goes back further than Irvine. While I'm not suggesting blind optimism, Wednesday fans (... well, football fans in general) need to leave the pessimism of yester-year and, with the new dawn that has broken for the club, see what a Wednesday manager can do when given a chance with some money.

erm, this manager has already got the 2nd largest wage budget in the Division.

This to manage eight defeats in twenty one games and succeeding in attaining our lowest attendances for over thirty years. How much money do you think he should have?