Your views on Mandaric

Guest shoutsfromthestands

Guest shoutsfromthestands

Hi all,

Congratulations on the start you've made to the new season. Being in and around the automatic promotion spots going into the Christmas period is a great platform to push on and get back into the Championship, especially with the squad that you have.

I have just done a blog on the recent takeover by Milan Mandaric, which I personally think is great news for the club. If you get the time of course, it would be great if you could let me know your views on the site about how you feel on the takeover, and how excited/cautious you are about the future.

Many thanks, and all the best for the rest of the season :)

http://www.shoutsfromthestands.com/

I'm happy with the fact he's come in and cleared our debts, is willing to put a bit of money into the club and has high ambitions for the club.

Some have mentioned (most notably Lee Strafford) that he may well sell us on when we are in a decent position in the championship, and I would have no problems if he were to do that; I get the feeling though that he sees us as his last club and i'm sure with the welcome he's got so far he is planning on sticking it out till we are in a decent position in the Premier League.

Whatever point he leaves us, he has said it will be in a better position than we are in now - in all honesty even if we were to be sold on next week we are in a better position than we have been for the past decade and i'm grateful to him for that.

Guest johnowls

If he gets us back up there (top 10 in prem) we should have a statue of him at Hillsborough.

He's saved our skin now we need to repay him by getting behind the club from the stands

I was more concerned about the club whirling into oblivion, than how long it would take to get back into the Premiership.

Its great to be able to look forward to that task now, rather than looking over our shoulders at the tax man.

Mandaric could well have waited and taken the club post administration, probably cheaper...the fact that he sorted the deal and left us with history intact is something i will always be grateful for.

It means so much to many Wednesday fans, the history of the place, not just trophies won or lost, but the sheer ethos that surrounds the football club and ground..that could all have gone.

Listening to the bloke...i do believe he understands not only football, but football fans and i'm sure he will relate to the wonderful fans we have at Hillsborough.

So ..yeah..I'm mainly over the moon with the way Mr Mandaric has gone about the initial stages...after years of folk pretending they have the money, pretending they have the credentials and dragging it out interminably long, before disappearing in the fog of crap they weaved...Milan Mandaric simply stated his intentions to buy...anted up, paid the bills and took over the club...What more could a Wednesday fan ask?

The Premiership would be great...but simply having a club on solid foundations and being able to trot down the Lepp again was good enough for me....

Thanks Milan

Guest Triplej2

I was more concerned about the club whirling into oblivion, than how long it would take to get back into the Premiership.

Its great to be able to look forward to that task now, rather than looking over our shoulders at the tax man.

Mandaric could well have waited and taken the club post administration, probably cheaper...the fact that he sorted the deal and left us with history intact is something i will always be grateful for.

It means so much to many Wednesday fans, the history of the place, not just trophies won or lost, but the sheer ethos that surrounds the football club and ground..that could all have gone.

Listening to the bloke...i do believe he understands not only football, but football fans and i'm sure he will relate to the wonderful fans we have at Hillsborough.

So ..yeah..I'm mainly over the moon with the way Mr Mandaric has gone about the initial stages...after years of folk pretending they have the money, pretending they have the credentials and dragging it out interminably long, before disappearing in the fog of crap they weaved...Milan Mandaric simply stated his intentions to buy...anted up, paid the bills and took over the club...What more could a Wednesday fan ask?

The Premiership would be great...but simply having a club on solid foundations and being able to trot down the Lepp again was good enough for me....

Thanks Milan

Not one of your best mate, it dunt even rhyme :biggrin:

The very fact that he conducts himself in such a professional, knowledgeable and dignified manner and understands the needs and passions of the supporter is enough for me. ...* grins like a fool at the thought he will be erasing the very souls of those that went before him and their pathetic, parochial small minded, bitter attitudes..*

Some good comments on that article, I particularly like the following..

First and foremost Milan has secured the future of a club loved by thousands upon thousands of Wednesdayites spread all over the country and for that he will always hold a special place in all of our hearts.

Solely through decisions made at board level by people with questionable motives our club faced a very real threat of extinction just a few weeks ago. Now we can dream again, we can believe that with the right manager and the right players we can make it back to the top of English football, no one can hold u back now.

For years I hoped that we could rid ourselves of the crippling debts and once more become a sustainable club. I never dream of a sheikh or Russian billionaire dropping in at Hillsborough and fast tracking us to the top. I dream of 25-30000 Wednesdayites turning up week in week out proudly sporting their colours in our majestic home as we slowly climb through the leagues, using the fans hard earned cash and some innovative ideas to fund our journey.

The problem is, one day that big money man will walk away and your club will desparately seek the next multi billionaire to come and fund the overpaid stars/manager. With fans so expectant of success that every defeat is greeted with hostility and anger.

Give steady sustainable growth anyday. That’s what Milan will give us realistically. I have no doubts Milan will splash a little cash to speed up our journey but I firmly believe this club, with Milan at the helm, will not make the same mistake twice.

Wednesday are back ladies and gentlemen and boy are we going to saviour it.

God bless Milan Mandaric!!!