Richard Wood

Would you have him back?

Alot better than Purse- just the kind of player who could really lead by example.....though maybe the manner in which he left would put alot of wednesday fans off?

I'm guessing you've heard the rumour he's been training with the first team this week?

Heard it from one of the dads of the academy lads last night. Dont believe it myself, lots of water under that bridge.

He's been playing right back for Cov during their best run of clean sheets for years. Rated as one of Coleman's best value signings by fans. He has shown consistent form this season in an improving Coventry team. Was disappointed when he went and embarrassed by the way we treated him at the Ricoh last season. He had some top performances for us and IMO he shades it over Purse overall as he drops fewer clangers. That said, if we are looking forward to a push towards the premiership next season there would be little point in resigning him.

He's been playing right back for Cov during their best run of clean sheets for years. Rated as one of Coleman's best value signings by fans. He has shown consistent form this season in an improving Coventry team. Was disappointed when he went and embarrassed by the way we treated him at the Ricoh last season. He had some top performances for us and IMO he shades it over Purse overall as he drops fewer clangers. That said, if we are looking forward to a push towards the premiership next season there would be little point in resigning him.

First sensible post I've read in this thread.

Wood is a very good defender at championship level, though maybe not enough quality for premiership.

People have very short memories if they think he is average at best.

Sorry can't agree.

I thought he was rubbish.

Still is.

Not according to the locals round here Reading. He is a fans favourite and has proved both versatile and played consistently well all season. I would agree that towards the end of his time with us he was demotivated and it showed in his performances, but he is not rubbish and I think that had he stayed and played in a defence that has been better organised under AI, he would be first choice by now just as he is at Sky Blues.

Can't slate him as a player and agreed a much better defender than Purse but:

A- never go back in football

B- leaving a club that had looked after him since been 10 years old for possibly a few hundred pounds more a week to sit on Cov's bench = unloyal t**t

Can't slate him as a player and agreed a much better defender than Purse but:

A- never go back in football

B- leaving a club that had looked after him since been 10 years old for possibly a few hundred pounds more a week to sit on Cov's bench = unloyal t**t

I think the fact that Purse is a leader keeps in a head of Wood.

Guest Sniper1

I hope Woody cries himself to sleep when we pass Coventry on our way to the Premier League the greedy little cnut.

Would probs have Franny back before Wood. :ph34r:

wouldn't take him back. looked good at first / for a while but never really progressed (hopefully Beevers can). The manner in which he left whoever was to blame left a sour taste as Wood did nothing to correct our perception

As an aside a work collegue who's a Coventry fan says they don't rate him and their fans can't see what Coleman saw in him

we need to move on and set our sights higher

Would you have him back?

Alot better than Purse- just the kind of player who could really lead by example.....though maybe the manner in which he left would put alot of wednesday fans off?

Richard Wood could be the mix of Nigel Pearson and Des Walker (and that would be a pretty good mix) and he could still kiss my hairy backside.

The only thing he can do in my mind to be any more hated is to be signed by the blunts.

Next stupid question?

Edit: If you or any of your family read this Richard - let it be known, you are well and truly NOT welcome back.

Edited by salmonbones