Richard Wood

I rated him.

Apart from his last season where I admit he went off the boil (more down to behind the scenes stuff imo) he was excellent for us.

Strong and commanding.

Just look how he dominated in the game away at cov last season...

Anyway...I was only saying. :ph34r::biggrin:

As good as he was, going by statements made after his release (which may or may not be true I guess) he was more interested in becoming the highest paid player at the club and putting our finances in jeopardy rather than helping us survive relegation. In which case I wouldn't want him back.

And as much as I hate myself for thinking it, I'll probably be doing a complete U-turn once we reach the Premiership and have to start handing out ridiculous contracts to get some big-name crowd pleasers in. But in my defence I think that would be a slightly different situation to Richard Wood, who lets be honest is a better than average Championship CB at best, never mind a name to add an extra 5,000 to the gate like a big signing in the Premiership would be.

Would you have him back?

Alot better than Purse- just the kind of player who could really lead by example.....though maybe the manner in which he left would put alot of wednesday fans off?

The disgraceful manner in which he left is down to Brian Laws and other people who were in charge at that time.

RW may have been ill advised,but the way he was hung out to dry was disgraceful

Guest scott_andrew_william

I would, he's one of the best defenders we've had in the last ten years, but I doubt he would want to come back.

The disgraceful manner in which he left is down to Brian Laws and other people who were in charge at that time.

RW may have been ill advised,but the way he was hung out to dry was disgraceful

Absolutely i notice a certain ex chairman didn't explain the disgraceful way he slaughtered a long serving player in his twenty page " nowt to do with me guv" diatribe.