O'Connor

What, just because you heard his name twice he played badly?

I thought he did well today, closed them down and got some good tackles in - nice touch for Morrison's 2nd as well.

He was a yard off the pace all afternoon, I heard his name twice because if you watch it back I bet he didnt touch it more than that....shocking for a central midfielder against that type of opposition

What Miller has to do to play in central midfield i don't know

JOC should be nowhere near the first 11 and should be sat on the bench next to Potter

Edited by Box_Man

Guest Sheff Owl

The thing for me with JOC is that he does not put himself about too much. He seems to run beside the opponent or close to him trying to win the ball instead of getting stuck in and actually winning the ball.

He runs around a lot but as for winning the ball it's non existent really if we are being honest, i thought Macca won the ball more than JOC.

The thing for me with JOC is that he does not put himself about too much. He seems to run beside the opponent or close to him trying to win the ball instead of getting stuck in and actually winning the ball.

He runs around a lot but as for winning the ball it's non existent really if we are being honest, i thought Macca won the ball more than JOC.

SPOT ON!!

JOC is absolutely shocking.

Can't pass

Can't tackle

can't head

lightweight

no pace

One other thing I noticed today, he also has a poo poo haircut!

Probably one of the only players in our squad who would not stand out even if he was playing non league.

One other thing I noticed today, he also has a poo poo haircut!

Probably one of the only players in our squad who would not stand out even if he was playing non league.

We WERE playing non league yesterday, and there wasn't an outstanding Wednesday player. One or two were alright, but none were outstanding. As for O'Connor, I did post on here how I'd met Owen Coyle in Turkey, just before we'd signed O'Connor, and he said he'd wanted to keep him at Burnley, but it was O'Connor who'd wanted to move on. He also said that the thought O'Connor could do a good job for any team in the Championship.

I thought Otsemobor and Miller had far more trouble against non league oppostion than O'Connor did yesterday.

This thread just highlights the total lack of understanding about the game that some posters have. JO'C's main job yesterday was to press them high up the pitch to make it harder from them to play long balls accurately...their main threat by the way. And he did the job well. He has shown this season, like last season that he's willing to do the graft and compete to allow the more creative players to (try) and do their jobs.

If you think it would work in league 1 to have Tommy and Giles as the middle two you're sadly mistaken.

All that said it was far from his best performance, he needs to get on the ball more imo

It's amazing to me how people can go and watch games every week and no nowt about football.