O'Connor

This thread just highlights the total lack of understanding about the game that some posters have. JO'C's main job yesterday was to press them high up the pitch to make it harder from them to play long balls accurately...their main threat by the way. And he did the job well. He has shown this season, like last season that he's willing to do the graft and compete to allow the more creative players to (try) and do their jobs.

If you think it would work in league 1 to have Tommy and Giles as the middle two you're sadly mistaken.

All that said it was far from his best performance, he needs to get on the ball more imo

It's amazing to me how people can go and watch games every week and no nowt about football.

Hi Alan. Any idea where we can some of them coaching badges from?

thought the midfield picked up all the second balls and closed their 5 man midfield out pretty well to be fair.

Difficult to do a good job in a midfield when both teams were playing hoofball though.

JOC will have his uses in league 1 - like every player, he has good games and bad games. I dont understand why some people make long term judgements on a player after one game - a few weeks ago, after a couple of good performances, he was one of our better midfielders. swings and roundabouts.

We negotiated a banana skin, that ITV thought would be a giant killing enough to decide to screen it. end of the day, we won comfortably. Ill take that.

This thread just highlights the total lack of understanding about the game that some posters have. JO'C's main job yesterday was to press them high up the pitch to make it harder from them to play long balls accurately...their main threat by the way. And he did the job well. He has shown this season, like last season that he's willing to do the graft and compete to allow the more creative players to (try) and do their jobs.

If you think it would work in league 1 to have Tommy and Giles as the middle two you're sadly mistaken.

All that said it was far from his best performance, he needs to get on the ball more imo

It's amazing to me how people can go and watch games every week and no nowt about football.

Can you explain why ?

Is the answer is because we knock balls over the midfield`s heads

I think miller was pretty poor too.

Teale did ok and coke put himself about, few sloppy passes but he was the best of a bad bunch.

Mellor and Morrison did "ok". Although the lack of pace we have is scary.

i think the lack of pace, and the lack of a tackle with bite in midfield are the biggest two problems we have...if we had pace we could maybe play the ball in the channels...a couple of werewolves in the m/f to bite opponents and protect the backline...and maybe a big rough c*nt up front...

SiF > SiJ

Either that or a difference of opinion to you, based on your argument anyone who doesn't agree with you knows flip all about football. You sound like Alan Irvine.

JOC is a poor player (IMO) granted he can run around a bit but so can anyone with two legs. Having said that, most of his time is spent chasing shadows anyway. He needs to get on the ball more! Really!!!! :st2: what so he can start spraying balls around the pitch or even play the odd through ball? Behave!

As regards to your comments about Miller and Coke in the middle, nobody knows if it will ever work (including you) because they have not had the chance to play together yet.

Either that or a difference of opinion to you, based on your argument anyone who doesn't agree with you knows flip all about football. You sound like Alan Irvine.

JOC is a poor player (IMO) granted he can run around a bit but so can anyone with two legs. Having said that, most of his time is spent chasing shadows anyway. He needs to get on the ball more! Really!!!! :st2: what so he can start spraying balls around the pitch or even play the odd through ball? Behave!

As regards to your comments about Miller and Coke in the middle, nobody knows if it will ever work (including you) because they have not had the chance to play together yet.

Ok - just for the fun of it I'll reply.

There are plenty of people who have difference views than me on football that I respect - I just would like people to have a bit more intelligence than to label players as 'never good enough' when they don't see the different roles that a team need - is that ok?

He does more than 'run around a lot', it's that kind of bollocksy comment that make question how much attention they actually pay.

By getting on the ball more he would help to link things up more, for example when he does play well he's very good at switching play which brings the wide men into the game more (you still able to follow me?), he didn't do that yesterday.

Finally, many teams in this league play long balls. Even when the centre halves are playing well that and winning 50/50 balls there needs to be one midfielder able to pick up the second balls. When Potter plays he's slightly deeper and when he plays well reads the game well enough to get there first, JO'Cs game is winning 2nd balls and playing it simple. Miller and Coke, want to be creating higher up the pitch.

There - my opinion - nowt to do with the club as it goes, just someone who pays a bit of attention to the games I watch.

There are plenty of people who have difference views than me on football that I respect - I just would like people to have a bit more intelligence than to label players as 'never good enough' when they don't see the different roles that a team need - is that ok?

He does more than 'run around a lot', it's that kind of bollocksy comment that make question how much attention they actually pay.

By getting on the ball more he would help to link things up more, for example when he does play well he's very good at switching play which brings the wide men into the game more (you still able to follow me?), he didn't do that yesterday.

Finally, many teams in this league play long balls. Even when the centre halves are playing well that and winning 50/50 balls there needs to be one midfielder able to pick up the second balls. When Potter plays he's slightly deeper and when he plays well reads the game well enough to get there first, JO'Cs game is winning 2nd balls and playing it simple. Miller and Coke, want to be creating higher up the pitch.

There - my opinion - nowt to do with the club as it goes, just someone who pays a bit of attention to the games I watch.

Fair play, your views are your views, I don't agree but that's what forums are all about. However, your comments regarding people knowing nothing about football because they don’t rate a player you do are as wide of the mark as one of JOC’s trademark cross field passes. :ph34r:

It is.... bang on.....which is one of our major problems.

He doesn't have the athleticism, strengh, or sharpness to fulfill the role.

A player that was heavily involved in the team during our relegation and a player we really need to move on.

Joc and Potter are a car crash of a central midfield partnership .

Phil King , Mark Bright, Chris Waddle , Nigel Jemson and various other "Pundits " have spotted this when you listen to their comments of getting dominated ,Overrun in midfield etc ???

They might not have any badges but they are seeing the same as most of the fans ,

I bet i know who John Sheridan would play in central midfield

Joc and Potter are a car crash of a central midfield partnership .

Phil King , Mark Bright, Chris Waddle , Nigel Jemson and various other "Pundits " have spotted this when you listen to their comments of getting dominated ,Overrun in midfield etc ???

They might not have any badges but they are seeing the same as most of the fans ,

I bet i know who John Sheridan would play in central midfield

Not implying that Potter and O'Connor are the right pairing, just that Coke and Miller aren't either.

James O'Connor reminds me a lot of the way I am when I play football - run around, trying to get involved in everything to make up for my lack of ability in any one particular thing! It is no surprise to me that I don't get asked to play that often.

Anyway, it seems that all the 'positives' are equally his downfalls because for all the effort he puts in to get himself about the pitch - i.e. getting upfront to score two like he did against Notts County, he then gets in the way of others trying to do their job - i.e. Southampton's goal