Spurr's Future

Guest southmilfordowl

This is the kind of reason why I love Spurr. He's come in for a lot of unjustified stick over the last season and I could not back him enough.

Last season he appeared to be one of the only players showing enough passion for me. Regardless of how he plays, good or bad, I'd rather have 11 Tommy Spurrs with his passion for our club than 11 Cristiano Ronaldos with none at all.

Unjustified stick come on now lets be fair. he has got a bit of passion granted but when he gets skinned and the player puts a cross in for someone to nod the winner in or when he backs off and backs off inviting people to take pot shots at goal and we lose do you still think the same?

Unjustified stick come on now lets be fair. he has got a bit of passion granted but when he gets skinned and the player puts a cross in for someone to nod the winner in or when he backs off and backs off inviting people to take pot shots at goal and we lose do you still think the same?

He was beaten no more often than any other defender we had last season. Purse had a shocking start with everyone saying what a bad signing he was etc etc, turns it around in the last couple of months and suddenly hes one of the first names on the team sheet.

I like spurrs work ethic, and theres no doubt when we were playing attacking football with him and simek bombing forward, we were great to watch. I think he deserves the chance to continue to develop, hes still 4 years away from his peak - would be a disasterous change of tack for the club to let players like this go unless it was a substantial amount of money.

i was shocked to hear that my dad had been speaking to Spurr near to the pub as he was waiting for a lift. he said that he had a tree year deal with wednesday and thats where his allengencies lie.

he shows tremendous amoiunts of passion and for me would be a great asset in league one. his pace wont be as big of issue as the attackers wont be as quick and he will gain a better understanding of the game which will make him a great player.

Its a relief to know the attackers in league one wont be as quick :ph34r:

This is the kind of reason why I love Spurr. He's come in for a lot of unjustified stick over the last season and I could not back him enough.

Last season he appeared to be one of the only players showing enough passion for me. Regardless of how he plays, good or bad, I'd rather have 11 Tommy Spurrs with his passion for our club than 11 Cristiano Ronaldos with none at all.

What a crock of poo !!

Id rather have some talented players who couldnt give a flip what shirt they are wearing or which club they are playing for as long as they produce decent performances and more wins than draws or losses.

Eleven trying donkeys will get you flip all.

He's almost 23 and has been a first team regular for four years. At what age are people expecting this miraculous transformation into a great defender?

And he's had to adapt to a new position, don't forget he was a centre half. Hold on, you're right, we shouldn't try to give him a bit of confidence, let's all get on his back, it's the Wednesday way.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

And he's had to adapt to a new position, don't forget he was a centre half. Hold on, you're right, we shouldn't try to give him a bit of confidence, let's all get on his back, it's the Wednesday way.

Yeah, you're right. On internet message boards I should praise him despite actually thinking he's not good enough in a hope some how this gives him confidence and transforms into a good player.

For four years he's played left back, if he's not got it now he'll never have it. I don't understand this thing Wednesday have with Spurr were he can do no wrong. He tries hard, he claps the fans after a game - brilliant, I'm all for that. But he lacks quality. To be a good player he actually needs to be good, not just try hard. I don't get the love affair some fans have with Spurr.

Regardless of how he plays, good or bad, I'd rather have 11 Tommy Spurrs with his passion for our club than 11 Cristiano Ronaldos with none at all.

hahahahahahahaha - Are you serious?! Is this a serious post? This post sums-up the general for Tommy Spurr posts. Stubborn loyalty towards him. You'd rather have 11 average at best players than 11 world class players? Are you for real?

And he's still trying to adapt now after 4 years. It's a poo poo excuse for someone being crap.

If a player is from Yorkshire and tries hard, why does everyone stick up for them. It was the same with Andy Booth, Steve Haslam, etc, etc. If they're not good enough, they're not good enough. End of.

He was beaten no more often than any other defender we had last season. Purse had a shocking start with everyone saying what a bad signing he was etc etc, turns it around in the last couple of months and suddenly hes one of the first names on the team sheet.

I like spurrs work ethic, and theres no doubt when we were playing attacking football with him and simek bombing forward, we were great to watch. I think he deserves the chance to continue to develop, hes still 4 years away from his peak - would be a disasterous change of tack for the club to let players like this go unless it was a substantial amount of money.

what are you expecting he will add to his game and based on what trail of thought. bombing forward ??? he runs like Gforce is holding him back and his final ball is shocking most of the time.

now i aint saying accept first offer we get but anything over a mil rip there hands off

Guest UnbelievableJeff

Seen Tommy in gym a week or so after Palace game. Said that he felt guilty for us getting relegated as he was at fault for one of Palace's goals, also said he, plus others were commited to Wednesday and to getting us out of this league, as they know they let the fans down. Good to hear! It would be even better to see...

I actually like spurr, last season pushed me tho aa he was very frustrating, with holding up play as instead of bring the ball out he stopped waited then just hoofed it up fiels. That my have been ai tactics tho, and is defending was poor. However he has passion and never gives up and the op shows this. I feel he will have a good season this year come on tommy please prove me right and not make me look an idiot.

Uto

you are doing a decent job of that your self boy. Which school :excl: was it ?

Guest Jenkins

Absolute calamity of a player who defends like a Brazilian full back yet has the composure and attacking ability of an epiletic

What a crock of poo !!

Id rather have some talented players who couldnt give a flip what shirt they are wearing or which club they are playing for as long as they produce decent performances and more wins than draws or losses.

Eleven trying donkeys will get you flip all.

Who's talking poo here?

I'd rather have elevn donkeys with great heart and give their all than eleven talented, spoiled Itallians that leave the ground fifteen minutes before they're due to play because they don't get their own way.

You might not get much with donkeys, but atleast they won't walk out on you in your time of need.