A way forward / WTID.co.uk

Guest Walkley_Owl

I don't agree mate on the club's survival surely even the pro snipers are together ? If not they might as well slink off to the sty now

There are a few similar schemes around we need to get together and agree a single banner to rally around.

Wish I could agree with you but the clubs survival is at stake now.

Some people are working hard to get us out of the mire, but just look at other threads on here and witness the vitriol if things don't go to plan.

Having said that, if there's any chance it could unite us, count me in.

Edited by cactus

This could be the thing that brings us together. There's a lot of work to be done and a lot of obstacles that'll crop up but if the will is there then we can do this.

I agree.

There appear to be some good ideas and proposals floating around, if these can be harnessed and amalgamated in some way we could have a way forward.

It will never please everyone, but for me the biggest single factor is us - the fans - taking control of our club once and for all.

Nothing else really matters.

I like the sound of this.

I'm sick of these takeover talks, none of them are in it for Wednesday, at the end of the day there's only us fans that care (I include LS as a carer!!)

We need one common scheme with maybe a start up membership contributing a small amount each to cover setup costs. Then a trust can be setup and a leadership team elected. The sooner you approach the board with this, the sooner it can get going.

Edited by fife_owl

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I like the sentiment of this and admire the effort that has gone into it. By way of feedback:

- as it stand there are both shareholders and loan note holders. Most of the money would need to go to the likes of loan note holders such as DA who would be delighted to exit with the money of Wednesday fans.

- I understand that DA propos up our banking facilities by way of a personal guarantee. He would want this relinquished. Would the bank support this idea and the club without PG's. I doubt it.

- what if it doesn't work. We elect a board that runs the club into the ground. The proposed constitution does not allow a buyer to step in.

- would the fan base continue to buy season tickets, purchase shares and also make a annual subscripion?

- the statement argues that the shares are worthless. Yet we agree the £1.6m offer for 40% was not good enough.

I don't mean to be negative but these are questions/issues that sprang to mind.

I like the sentiment of this and admire the effort that has gone into it. By way of feedback:

- as it stand there are both shareholders and loan note holders. Most of the money would need to go to the likes of loan note holders such as DA who would be delighted to exit with the money of Wednesday fans.

- I understand that DA propos up our banking facilities by way of a personal guarantee. He would want this relinquished. Would the bank support this idea and the club without PG's. I doubt it.

- what if it doesn't work. We elect a board that runs the club into the ground. The proposed constitution does not allow a buyer to step in.

- would the fan base continue to buy season tickets, purchase shares and also make a annual subscripion?

- the statement argues that the shares are worthless. Yet we agree the £1.6m offer for 40% was not good enough.

I don't mean to be negative but these are questions/issues that sprang to mind.

There's an agreement in place (the 1 good thing to come from C9S) with the loan note holders etc. Why can't the fans raise the cash as proposed and complete this deal. Then they'd have the power to make their changes in the board room. Lets not forget it's a fantastic deal for the club, it gets rid of DA & co and reduces the bank debt significantly,

From Daz in another thread :

The honest answer is I don't know, but I'd be pretty confident it could if:

1. It had the full backing of the club in all respects, including in all internal and external PR

2. It was the club's stated objective and priority

3. The club worked with the/a bank to put in place a personal loan scheme for those who could not afford say £1000 or more right now, but who could afford say £25 a month. We should do as much as possible to be inclusive to all the fanbase as well as targeting the wealthy fans

4. It could be a simple structure at the outset such as the funds being made available to the club by way of unsecured subordinated loan, repayable on promotion to the Premier League within 5 years with interest. If this wasn't achieved then the loans would be converted to equity at a pre-determined rate

5. If we could raise sufficient to do the bank/loan note holder deal just agreed as part of the C9S deliberations, then great - do that deal. If we couldn't raise enough to bring about that structure, then it has to be in everyone's interests (including the bank and loan note holders) to allow the funds to be used for squad purposes (fees and salaries)

6. The club were open for anyone who 'loaned' above a certain sum to join the Board but with a specific role and agreed deliverables

Could we sell 12,000 loan units for £1000 each? Some might buy one, some might buy multiples.

Certainly worth exploring in my opinion......but it needs buy in from as many fans as possible.....

I've read it and there's a few bits that I don't particularly agree with, but I do agree with the principle wholeheartedly.

Why would we want to never ever let a 3rd party own the club.

What if I win the Euromillions in a years time and want to put £50m into the club, your process is stopping this?

etc..

buy a few million shares

i like the idea BUT wasnt the distribution of shares the main stumbling block this time around for "serious" investors? I know the financial climate is bad at the moment but IF there was an upturn in football finance and desirability would this not be a problem?

Guest tomarkley

buy a few million shares

How? If under constitution rules they have to stop 3rd parties getting any slice of the club?

Are you on a wind up or another knob who hasn't read the thread?

Guest tyler66

Like the basic idea

£10 per voting share

1 vote per person no matter how many shares you buy

more shares you buy bigger discount on Season Tickets over xx years max discount 50%

-How is the debt reduced / cleared?

-How does the Fans Trust (FT) raise money after taking over as £900,000pa is not a large amount for quad issues? If media is to be believed then we would need to be taking £xxx million pa just to stand still

-What happens if SWFC via FT starts losing money?

-Non profit? If the club is successful and starts making money does all the profit go on players wages?

Guest Walkley_Owl

Like the basic idea

£10 per voting share

more shares you buy bigger discount on Season Tickets over xx years max discount 50%

-How does the Fans Trust (FT) raise money after taking over as £900,000pa is not a large amount for quad issues? If media is to be believed then we would need to be taking £xxx million pa just to stand still

-Non profit? If the club is successful and starts making money does all the profit go on players wages?

Success on and off the pitch

We raise money as the club does now with ticket sales, player sales, merchandise etc, the 900k is merely additional

They are at the moment yet survive,

Yes, or reducing debt

I don't have all the answers

Guest Walkley_Owl

Like the basic idea

£10 per voting share

Success on and off the pitch

We raise money as the club does now with ticket sales, player sales, merchandise etc, the 900k is merely additional

They are at the moment yet survive,

Yes, or reducing debt

I don't have all the answers