A way forward / WTID.co.uk

Guest Walkley_Owl

Guest Briscoe Inferno

From Daz in another thread :

The honest answer is I don't know, but I'd be pretty confident it could if:

1. It had the full backing of the club in all respects, including in all internal and external PR

2. It was the club's stated objective and priority

3. The club worked with the/a bank to put in place a personal loan scheme for those who could not afford say £1000 or more right now, but who could afford say £25 a month. We should do as much as possible to be inclusive to all the fanbase as well as targeting the wealthy fans

4. It could be a simple structure at the outset such as the funds being made available to the club by way of unsecured subordinated loan, repayable on promotion to the Premier League within 5 years with interest. If this wasn't achieved then the loans would be converted to equity at a pre-determined rate

5. If we could raise sufficient to do the bank/loan note holder deal just agreed as part of the C9S deliberations, then great - do that deal. If we couldn't raise enough to bring about that structure, then it has to be in everyone's interests (including the bank and loan note holders) to allow the funds to be used for squad purposes (fees and salaries)

6. The club were open for anyone who 'loaned' above a certain sum to join the Board but with a specific role and agreed deliverables

Could we sell 12,000 loan units for £1000 each? Some might buy one, some might buy multiples.

Certainly worth exploring in my opinion......but it needs buy in from as many fans as possible.....

One unit in return for a two or three or four year season ticket - leaving 26,000 seats for general sale - did West Ham do something similar a few years ago to raise money then pi$$ed off all the debenture holders by knocking down the stand they were in?

Besides - this sounds like a rehash of Wednesdayite - that vehicle is already in place and established.

I don't give a monkeys who does it but count me in.

I like what I've read in that PDF, but I do just have one suggestion/criticism:

I would like to see a more staggered membership banding than the four bandings suggested. Some people might have more than £100 to spare but less than £1,000 for example. It might be better to describe it in terms of 'chunks' that can be bought.

Guest swfc1986

Looks a good prospect, if only it could be followed through. I for one would be able to put in the region of £xx,xxx+, i'd rather the club be owned by people who want the club to succeed, rather then these fly by investors looking for a quick cash in.

Agreed.

It would be interesting if a fan (potentially one separate from both SWFC and Wednesdayite) would come forward and lead a takeover group. The club could endorse it but for the sake of fans getting behind it - stay away from it.

Minimum investment of £500 (bank loans as explained would make it affordable).

Unlimited maximum investment

Investment of over £400,000 would get you a place on the board.

Free season tickets in relation to the amount invested is also one very good incentive and is realistic due to our stadium size.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Agreed.

It would be interesting if a fan (potentially one separate from both SWFC and Wednesdayite) would come forward and lead a takeover group. The club could endorse it but for the sake of fans getting behind it - stay away from it.

Minimum investment of £500 (bank loans as explained would make it affordable).

Unlimited maximum investment

Investment of over £400,000 would get you a place on the board.

Free season tickets in relation to the amount invested is also one very good incentive and is realistic due to our stadium size.

make him stop, please

Getting people involved will be the biggest obstacle

Reesh

getting people involved is easy getting commitment of enough cash not so

With people with your passion mate we can do it or at least we can try better than selling the club to chancers for a chopped down deal

Guest Walkley_Owl

Reesh

getting people involved is easy getting commitment of enough cash not so

With people with your passion mate we can do it or at least we can try better than selling the club to chancers for a chopped down deal

maybe, **** lets get it going and see where we stand

maybe, **** lets get it going and see where we stand

I'm moving back to Sheffield soon and have stated more than once that I would like to get behind such a scheme.

If you want/need help in setting it up, running it etc then let me know.

This sort of scheme could snowball, but getting the ball rolling is the hard part.

I like it too.

I particularly like that it is inclusive.

I couldn't afford a "if 10,000 of us give £1,000" a share scheme, but this scheme includes everyone by just asking for £50 for Band D is a very nice idea. You could get someone on board for £50 who might not be rich, but could still make valuable contributions with ideas etc

If Bill Gates wanted to buy us in 10 years time, it sounds like a simple vote of members to allow him to buy our shares.

I'm guessing (I skimmed through the document, just about to eat.....) that it would be a share placement scheme just like the rumoured agreed offer.

Against previous posts, I don't think you can't have one vote per person it doesn't seem fair. More cash, more votes.

Although early days, you would have to be careful about one person buying so many shares through this scheme that they are majority shareholder and could, for example, vote to turn the pitch into a car park and even if anyone voted against him, they would have enough votes to carry it out. Stupid example, but hopefully you get what I mean.

Keep the feedback coming

looked a good proposal but not up to speed with this type of things,what would happen to current shares ,apologies if i missed an explanation.

Guest Walkley_Owl

looked a good proposal but not up to speed with this type of things,what would happen to current shares ,apologies if i missed an explanation.

Share placement I think, i'm just the gob, MKowl is the brains, I think it would be the same proposal as Cloud9 only real

Guest Walkley_Owl

Right got the green light to move this forward, we need a name for a website.

adelphi1867.com is my choice