A way forward / WTID.co.uk

Guest Walkley_Owl

Guest billsaja

I'm all for this!!

The idea of paying X amount over a certain period interests me.

Really hope this takes off and a MASSIVE well done to all involved in making this happen!

WTID..... Love it!!!!

At some point this weekend I will get hold of Walkley and outline how people can use alternatives to "up front cash" to contribute.

This can be done.

WTID (.co.uk)

Guest Aaron

I think this shows what our fns are all about, but we need to try and prove this is not a flash in the pan and carry it through. I am behind this idea, but raising millions and millions may seem a bit beyond us, but not for trying, eh?

I think first we would actually need to get some money together before contemplating what to do. I think we need to get this all around Owls football forums and general football forums around the internet regarding UK football. I think if we can get £30,000 together we can get some banners going ideally around S6 and get a few more people apart from the online communities involved. Because when you think about it there ar emany over 50's that have a s/t, but do not have access to the internet or actually bloody care about it! I think other ideas would be to get volunteers on stalls around the ground on matchdays to drum up some support. But the first thing I would say is to get a venue in place and discuss this with the fans.

I would be very unsure to whether we can get 12,000 donating ££££'s, but I think we could get 20,000 fans putting £100 a year in, and set up some kind of DD?

I am truly excited by this now.

It offers a way to improve our team in the short term and creates a controlling block of shares that could attract proper investors. It also ensures our club is in safe hands.

maybe, **** lets get it going and see where we stand

I really like the idea,and although things are tight at the moment, I would definitely want to get involved.

FWIW, I also think both LS & Bills could have a very important part to play in any Supporters trust.

Guest DSC_UK

Please read, this is just in it's infancy and MANY MANY issues will have to be looked at, resolved, changed, reviewed, removed whatever but I think this can work, whether it will is ENTIRELY upto us as fans

Is this similar to how Spanish clubs are run with a anual fee for membership say £100 and a vote for all adults plus discounts and privalages for all members? That would work if we could get enough members.

Guest mkowl

Some good comments keep them coming

The proposal is something i prepared about a week ago, been looked at by Walkley and a few other bean counters

It is deliberately titled "A" way forward not "The" way forward, because the views expressed in it are generally mine but categorically they are not fixed.

The proposal on the membership bands, for example, was for illustrative purposes in how £5m could be raised, but that it was inclusive for all supporters not based on financial needs. If the consensus is one member one vote, irrespective of financial contribution then that will be included. More band levels could be added, but not getting overly complex

The structure has to be something potential members have to be happy with. You will never please everyone that is for sure

Could the trust also include fund building? ie all participants contribute to a fund monthly (proportionally to their banding) so that after a couple of years a further £xm can be invested in return for more shares.

Can we not also include a 'business band'. One for businesses to be able to buy in. It could have different perks to the fan ones (which I don't agree on the whole % of vote due to £ investment idea) and would reduce risk, at the same time raising lot's of capital.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Can we not also include a 'business band'. One for businesses to be able to buy in. It could have different perks to the fan ones (which I don't agree on the whole % of vote due to £ investment idea) and would reduce risk, at the same time raising lot's of capital.

no, go away.

give me £1,000 before you do, call it season tickets past

I'm for this but i don't want Billsaja anywhere near our club regardless of the position we are in

Just out of curiosity since I mainly read owlsonline and not seen whats happened around here, why not? He's still a Wednesdayite like the rest of us..

Guest EddieValentine

Excellent idea, I'm in! :)

As an aside, please make sure the website is up to scratch. Recent history indicates this would be a prudent thing to do ;)

Edited by EddieValentine