A way forward / WTID.co.uk

Guest Walkley_Owl

did you get THE email

The one from the widow of the deposed Nigerian General Sani Abacha offering to pay me 30% of the $700million of money deposited by her late husband in different security firms abroad.....?

Guest Walkley_Owl

The one from the widow of the deposed Nigerian General Sani Abacha offering to pay me 30% of the $700million of money deposited by her late husband in different security firms abroad.....?

No, the plan to promote Monkey tennis and raise millions of pounds by making Cardiffowl the leader

Guest Walkley_Owl

Yes.

The Press Conference is today, isn't it...?

:biggrin:

1pm

BELIEVE

Don't forget to invite all your friends via Facebook

This is tricky and we are trying to get the balance right between respecting the confidentiality of certain discussions on the whole investment process and keeping fans informed.

Categorically the WTID\Wednesdaite joint initiative that will hopefully operate under one banner was fully endorsed by everyone in the room. So much so that it was suggested this is launched as soon as practical. People are working on the website to get the necessary comppnents together.

There is a revised concept that I have prepared, not vastly different in spirit but hopefully incorporates some of the suggestions made on version 1.

This will go out on the WTID website with invitation to comment, suggest better ways perhaps and seeking assistance in pulling it all together in a legsl document. So the WTID side is very much game on

How the investment side works depends on a lot of factors. What my document will suggest is using some form of Special Purpose Vehicke SPV to channel an investment. Obviously if local investors are involved they may similarly want to use an SPV, a fairly standard approach. It would make sense for any fan based investment to thus go through the same SPV, because this shouild mean the fans can be offered the same deal and a proportional say in its running.

The next stage is to get WTID launched for people to be happy with the final concept and then rapidly assessing the level of interest in terms of membership and possible financial amount that could be raised

I cannot give answers on who the local investors are for the very simple fact that I do not know. That side is outside the WTID remit

FFS.

Why STILL the bloody confidentiality needed.

As i've said before were a weeing footy club with a £25 million debt not an arms manufacture

Whom really gives a crap if person x y and z are interested in the club ?

honestly ?

How to wee wee people off in one easy lesson. The meeting should have been conducted in an open and forthright manner, with he presumption that anything said could have been reported back.

And if the 'investors weren't prepared to be open about their intentions then they shouldn't be near the group.

And if said people have 'reputations' they need to uphold so what ?

Pretty much EVERYTHING is public record these days.

No more secrets as an old film once put it succinctly.

Edited by Dark$ide

FFS.

Why STILL the bloody confidentiality needed.

As i've said before were a weeing footy club with a £25 million debt not an arms manufacture

Whom really gives a crap if person x y and z are interested in the club ?

honestly ?

How to wee wee people off in one easy lesson. The meeting should have been conducted in an open and forthright manner, with he presumption that anything said could have been reported back.

And if the 'investors weren't prepared to be open about their intentions then they shouldn't be near the group.

And if said people have 'reputations' they need to uphold so what ?

Pretty much EVERYTHING is public record these days.

No more secrets as an old film once put it succinctly.

If you're that bothered, why didn't you just go to the meeting? Or is your idle curiosity so inconvenienced by not being able to have a nosey on your lunch break?

Guest Buxtonian

What on earth is all this fuss about 'confidentiality' FFS?

A meeting was held between a group of fans with some ideas about investment in the club, and Wednesdayite. Such 'meetings' take place between hundreds of fans EVERY MATCHDAY.

Fans will get together, and someone will say ' If I had a million I would do this etc, but don't tell anyone.'

Nothing concrete has been decided because as yet NO-ONE HAS BEEN ASKED FOR ONE PENNY!

Once this point is reached, we will all want to know before we invest what all the ins and outs are, and then we shall be entitled to know what's going off.

Until that point is reached, let those concerned get on with what they are doing, and stop all the constant bickering that is so typical of Owls Fans.

A meeting was held between a group of fans with some ideas about investment in the club, and Wednesdayite. Such 'meetings' take place between hundreds of fans EVERY MATCHDAY.

Fans will get together, and someone will say ' If I had a million I would do this etc, but don't tell anyone.'

Nothing concrete has been decided because as yet NO-ONE HAS BEEN ASKED FOR ONE PENNY!

Once this point is reached, we will all want to know before we invest what all the ins and outs are, and then we shall be entitled to know what's going off.

Until that point is reached, let those concerned get on with what they are doing, and stop all the constant bickering that is so typical of Owls Fans.

absolutely

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I really hope this comes to something.

The SPV is the right approach.

These guys are trying to piece together something more formal. There was plenty of feedback that the initial document needed work. That is what they are doing.

I am happy to support and help in any way I can.

Guest becauseofboxingday

Fan based ownership is a bad idea. Full stop.

its almost as bad as a manager who supports the club. - never works out

Yeah its been a bloody nightmare for Barcelona.

Don't even talk to me about all those German clubs like Hamburg, what a bad idea that is!

Fan based ownership is a good idea. Its just that nobody has ever come up with a legal framweork with a properly thought out structure that would make it work in the UK.....

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Yeah its been a bloody nightmare for Barcelona.

Don't even talk to me about all those German clubs like Hamburg, what a bad idea that is!

Fan based ownership is a good idea. Its just that nobody has ever come up with a legal framweork with a properly thought out structure that would make it work in the UK.....

yet