A way forward / WTID.co.uk

Guest Walkley_Owl

I know it is very very early days but.....

As it gets underway, I think an efficient way of communicating is needed.

A separate forum section on here and owlsonline, to keep everything together. BUT with a pinned link at the top of the main forums to advertise the face the new forum exists?

This gives the problem of people posting on different forums, so maybe a totally new and separate forum is needed (i.e not owlstalk or owlsonline), but with pinned links on all existing popular forums?

No idea, but I'm just throwing it out there

Edited by enigmamedusa

This thread gives me hope...........well done everyone involved for caring enough.

wtid.com sound good to me.

wtid.com is perfect.

Read the proposal and it sounds good in essence. In terms of the non allowence of any future third-party buy-in - could there be perhaps any allowence that a certain amount of shares (maybe 51%) that this would apply to, but the other 49% could be sold upon agreement of over 75% of members?

Just thinking of a way to allow a greater influx of future capital. Saying that, if we can make thus happen there's no reason why the yearly subscription could

be expanded or increased. *just thinking out loud*

would certainly back something like this though and would be happy to help with anything that's needed

i don't agree with the forum on a separate site

Well if you think that a sub-forum within an existing site is useful, you will need to make sure that everyone is happy to use it.

There seems to be lots of forums, and some are a clique and seem to dislike other forums, but we will need as many people as possible behind this. Hopefully if one sub-forum is agreed to be a good way of organising things, people will have to get over their own site loyalities (which hopefully considering the context people will)

I just wouldn't like to hear someone moaning (and you know how people like to moan) that for example "owlstalk has taken over, I can't be un-workable their a bunch of ...." etc

Isn't it .co.uk not .com.

Needs to be clear as it is in the thread title.

As I understand it it's WTID.com that's been purchased, happy to change it if needed.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Well if you think that a sub-forum within an existing site is useful, you will need to make sure that everyone is happy to use it.

There seems to be lots of forums, and some are a clique and seem to dislike other forums, but we will need as many people as possible behind this. Hopefully if one sub-forum is agreed to be a good way of organising things, people will have to get over their own site loyalities (which hopefully considering the context people will)

I just wouldn't like to hear someone moaning (and you know how people like to moan) that for example "owlstalk has taken over, I can't be un-workable their a bunch of ...." etc

Maybe when/if it warrants a forum it could be created.

Just read thr thread asnd as with the original idea a couple of weeks its a fantastic idea. In our cirrent predicament i'm undecided whether I would like funds raised to be used for fan ownership or towards transfers/wages (im yet to be convinced either way). Just thought about a point raised earlier about "what if someone bought the club and then decided to sell the pitch to be a car park there is a very simple way to stop this. When Ken bates owned Chelsea he actually sold the pitch to a supporters trust type organisation and the pitch is legally owned by hundreds if not thousands of individuals (just the land that the pitch is on) so therfore the ownership of club is seprerated from the owonership of ground & pitch.

Will read again tomorrow as been a long day and read so much crap already today that my minds a blur.

uto & wtid

not sure if this has been mentioned (read a lot today been moding since half five) but what about resurrecting the Wednesdayite /Shareholders association idea again IIRC it accumulated around 24% of shares.

Just read thr thread asnd as with the original idea a couple of weeks its a fantastic idea. In our cirrent predicament i'm undecided whether I would like funds raised to be used for fan ownership or towards transfers/wages (im yet to be convinced either way). Just thought about a point raised earlier about "what if someone bought the club and then decided to sell the pitch to be a car park there is a very simple way to stop this. When Ken bates owned Chelsea he actually sold the pitch to a supporters trust type organisation and the pitch is legally owned by hundreds if not thousands of individuals (just the land that the pitch is on) so therfore the ownership of club is seprerated from the owonership of ground & pitch.

Will read again tomorrow as been a long day and read so much crap already today that my minds a blur.

uto & wtid

I see your point about the pitch, but I was thinking along the lines of vetting individuals. For example, let's say this all goes ahead and WTID owns 86% of the club or something.

In this scenario, let's say 4 or 5 people who brought shares in WTID may have enough votes between them to have a majority and outvote all other members combined. Therefore, those 4 or 5 people are effectively running the club.

It's important therefore that any large donation/shareholding purchase is perhaps looked at carefully? What if for example we raise £5 million and we find out that £2.6 million (and therefore majority of the votes) were actually purchased by people working for the Allen family (for example)

Obviously Mr Allen is a fine man, and we all love him and he's already involved elsewhere, but would the other shareholders in WTID be happy with this?

Just as an example

I would definitely want to get involved in this - just about the only way I could support the club for the forseeable future.

As a previous poster mentioned an intermediate band between £100 and £1000 would be a good idea.

I'd like to contribute as much as I can and I could put £500 into the kitty without too many problems but a grand would be a bit of a struggle.

I like the WTID name for the website too!

All the best to those trying to get this off the ground.

Guest billsaja

who is Logan Raines

One of us. Don't worry, we bought wtid.co.uk via Network Solutions and immediately turned the login over to Walkley with the password, it's his to do with as he pleases, we will just pay for the domain and the company registration. Filing WTID Trust with Companies House and the State of Delaware - have over half a million committed from US investors at this point too so best for them to invest via a Delaware LLC for tax write off purposes.

Maybe the $800 we just forked out will stop the "you cannot be Wednesday" discussions. And we have done it with no caveats or control requested, so no "agenda" here, and perhaps now we can kill any rumour spreading that we are part of some sinister background group trying to destabilise bids. 100% of our professional contacts, legal and accounting skills and such are dedicated to this effort.

WTWD

Guest billsaja

I see your point about the pitch, but I was thinking along the lines of vetting individuals. For example, let's say this all goes ahead and WTID owns 86% of the club or something.

In this scenario, let's say 4 or 5 people who brought shares in WTID may have enough votes between them to have a majority and outvote all other members combined. Therefore, those 4 or 5 people are effectively running the club.

It's important therefore that any large donation/shareholding purchase is perhaps looked at carefully? What if for example we raise £5 million and we find out that £2.6 million (and therefore majority of the votes) were actually purchased by people working for the Allen family (for example)

Obviously Mr Allen is a fine man, and we all love him and he's already involved elsewhere, but would the other shareholders in WTID be happy with this?

Just as an example

There can be a distinction drawn between voting shares and non-voting shares.

For example I am happy to commit £250,000 personally, but would not expect 5000x the number of votes as someone who commits £50. Give me 5% of the equity (based on £5mm raised) but 0.1% of the votes in the trust, thus easing any fears of a Bills takeover.

There can be a distinction drawn between voting shares and non-voting shares.

For example I am happy to commit £250,000 personally, but would not expect 5000x the number of votes as someone who commits £50. Give me 5% of the equity (based on £5mm raised) but 0.1% of the votes in the trust, thus easing any fears of a Bills takeover.

roger me, fair play. Especially with the votes issue

I was thinking of a £50 share :blush:

I wish I had £250 nevermind £250,000. If you would like to employ a training management accountant who is probably not that good, I'm available at 30 days notice :biggrin:

Guest billsaja

roger me, fair play. Especially with the votes issue

I was thinking of a £50 share :blush:

I wish I had £250 nevermind £250,000. If you would like to employ a training management accountant who is probably not that good, I'm available at 30 days notice :biggrin:

You do what you can, that's the idea behind the tiering. There is no scoring for amounts in my book, it is about doing what you can for the club. Logan and Andy are partners in large law firms, they will be good for a big chunk too, I do OK at work and married in to oil money, it is just a case of people doing what they can. That is why no one fan should claim precedence over another in this, Donny said it well on OT, you do whatever you can.....