Irvine in The Sun

Guest jay_overidde

Who are these 10 players?

Jeffers and Sodje - well I don't care if they're bothered about a new contract or not cos anyone would be a fool to take these crocks on.

Esajas - hasn't done enough to prove he's more than a super sub

O'Connor, McAllister, Clarke, Gray, Simek - any others?

I think Rocky Lekaj is another.

Bloody sun!

Surely writing that stuff is against some sort of professional code of conduct.

to delibratly 'mis quote' someone is pretty shocking and disrespectful.

IMO

I assume this is news to you mate? seems like their standard practice for the last twenty years or more

Strikers Leon Clarke and Francis Jeffers, midfielders Michael Gray, Etienne Esajas, Sean McAllister, Rocky Lekaj and Luke Boden, defender Frank Simek and goalkeepers Aaron Jameson and Richard O'Donnell all have contracts which run until the end of this season.

thats from sky sports the ones in bold i would keep

Strikers Leon Clarke and Francis Jeffers, midfielders Michael Gray, Etienne Esajas, Sean McAllister, Rocky Lekaj and Luke Boden, defender Frank Simek and goalkeepers Aaron Jameson and Richard O'Donnell all have contracts which run until the end of this season.

thats from sky sports the ones in bold i would keep

Kind of depends which league we are in tbh. Gray if he is cheap, his legs are going for first team football. I'd keep Simek and goalkeepers. Clarke and Macca if we go down.

To those thinking we should keep Clarke, he was outstanding on Saturday but just wait and see if he can keep that going because it shouldn't be forgotten how poor he's been for the most part of this season.

I'd love him to keep scoring from now until the end of the season but it'll take more than one, admittedly very impressive performance to deserve a new contract.

And boss Irvine, whose side go to West Brom tonight, said: "I have heard some of them say they aren't bothered about being out of contract."

flippingpart time t0ssers don't know what a days work really is, uneducated fools will get a shock when thier careers are over and they realise they havent put any cash to one side and they now have to do a 50/60 hour week in some stinky factory to keep up the mortgage payments.........they will wish they had a contract when that happens i tell ya

They should just look at thye lower and non leagues which are scattered with recent ex wednesday players

Thats where some of them will be next season then they will be bothered on 500 quid a week

:biggrin:

I also keep singing the title of this thread in my head to the theme of "Islands In the Stream". Surely there's a chant for this.

If you take an honest look at what those ten have contributed to this awfull season, would you really keep any of them?

If we are hoping for a better season next time we need ten players who are going to make a positive contribution to the first team

I agree with AI I think some of them are in for a real shock come June.

If you take an honest look at what those ten have contributed to this awfull season, would you really keep any of them?

If we are hoping for a better season next time we need ten players who are going to make a positive contribution to the first team

I agree with AI I think some of them are in for a real shock come June.

A little harsh, I quite like the Dolly Parton / Kenny Rogers version.