Irvine in The Sun

Guest jay_overidde

Guest jay_overidde

Don't know if this is anywere else but I've just read it

Published: Today

Add a comment (0)

ALAN IRVINE has told Sheffield Wednesday's out-of-contract stars they must impress - or face the threat of the dole.

The Owls could have as many as 10 free agents in the summer.

And boss Irvine, whose side go to West Brom tonight, said: "I have heard some of them say they aren't bothered about being out of contract.

"But there are no guarantees of a deal here or anywhere else in the current climate."

Link

I think he does right after hearing a few days ago about someone collaring Clarke on a train home.

Guest Deleted member

Well I opened the thread expecting to see Irvine in his trunks.

And you still opened it??

Are you a bummgayer?

Edited by Deleted member

Don't know if this is anywere else but I've just read it

Link

I think he does right after hearing a few days ago about someone collaring Clarke on a train home.

That reminds me, i was on the tram on Saturday on the way to the match and there was a smartly dressed old fella with printed copies of the thread on here about the person that had overheard that conversation with Clarke on the train????????

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest thetruthisoutthere

And boss Irvine, whose side go to West Brom tonight, said: "I have heard some of them say they aren't bothered about being out of contract."

flippingpart time t0ssers don't know what a days work really is, uneducated fools will get a shock when thier careers are over and they realise they havent put any cash to one side and they now have to do a 50/60 hour week in some stinky factory to keep up the mortgage payments.........they will wish they had a contract when that happens i tell ya

Who are these 10 players?

Jeffers and Sodje - well I don't care if they're bothered about a new contract or not cos anyone would be a fool to take these crocks on.

Esajas - hasn't done enough to prove he's more than a super sub

O'Connor, McAllister, Clarke, Gray, Simek - any others?

Guest ArbourOwl

TBH, if i was AI and i'd heard player's say that i'd have dropped them and released an offical statement as to why player's would be getting dropped. I'd much rather have played player's who gave a flying than player's who didn't, even if it ment relegation. These football's don't know there born some days....

To be fair if there's even a sniff of truth behind the "not bothered" line then whoever those players are need dropping immediatley. We're in a fight and anyone not ready for that fight needs replacing with lads that are.. regardless of quality.

I've said this before but even after the weekend win it's still applicable. Most of these players will never play at this level of football again, or play infront of crowds of 20,000+ again, because they're simply not good enough. That's not some sort of delusional "big club" rant, it's just a fact. It's about time some of them had a look around at their surroundings and in the mirror and decide how much they actually want to play football for a decent club at a decent level.

Anyone not prepared to do that shouldn't be playing. We can't afford to carry stroppy moaners and whiners in the team. Hopefully Irvine is aware of who is up for the fight and who isn't and will make changes to the side accordingly.

And boss Irvine, whose side go to West Brom tonight, said: "I have heard some of them say they aren't bothered about being out of contract."

flippingpart time t0ssers don't know what a days work really is, uneducated fools will get a shock when thier careers are over and they realise they havent put any cash to one side and they now have to do a 50/60 hour week in some stinky factory to keep up the mortgage payments.........they will wish they had a contract when that happens i tell ya

Dont believe what you read in the tabloids! The real quote is "I've heard some people saying the players out of contract are not bothered......."

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/Gaffers/0,,10304~1988359,00.html

Who are these 10 players?

Jeffers and Sodje - well I don't care if they're bothered about a new contract or not cos anyone would be a fool to take these crocks on.

Esajas - hasn't done enough to prove he's more than a super sub

O'Connor, McAllister, Clarke, Gray, Simek - any others?

At a guess I would say Two more.

TBH, if i was AI and i'd heard player's say that i'd have dropped them and released an offical statement as to why player's would be getting dropped. I'd much rather have played player's who gave a flying than player's who didn't, even if it ment relegation. These football's don't know there born some days....

Agree 100%.

We're in a relegation scrap and need every player to be fighting tooth and nail for the team.

I'm pretty sure he didn't say this.

When will people learn not to trust what they read in the Sun, Mail, Mirror, Express, News of the World, People etc?

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Dont believe what you read in the tabloids! The real quote is "I've heard some people saying the players out of contract are not bothered......."

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/Gaffers/0,,10304~1988359,00.html

I'm pretty sure he didn't say this.

When will people learn not to trust what they read in the Sun, Mail, Mirror, Express, News of the World, People etc?

Thanks for pointing that out fellas, im usually the first one to jump on people for taking the tabloids as gospel i feel a little embarrassment at my rant that was of course said in the heat of things.

I take my rant back im sure the lot of them are fighting and behaving with a lot of professionalism.........as they seem to be on the whole since Alan Irvins arrival

Media reports on wednesday are so out of context or inaccurate these days i dont even bother buying the papers.

One clown gave Miller a 5 in the match rating, and described the cross from JJ as a "high, hopeful ball into the box" so whats the point?

That said, i really cant say that, Jeffers and EE aside, the other players that have been brought in havent looked like they are trying to impress.

Might backfire though - we lost squeaky because we were adamant that we werent offering a new contract to anyone until close season, so it wouldnt surprise me if some players agents were already putting the feelers out for prospective new clubs...