What are the chances of 9 points from the next 3 games?

Erm didnt Barnsley go on a run after Davey was sacked? It does tend to happen when a new manager comes in. I think our next three games are against what you would consider low end championship clubs. So not that deluded to think 7 point is possible.

7 Blackpool 23 10 35

:blink:

About zero chance I'd say as you'll be fortunate to get one point tomorrow.

Even now I'm surprised by how deluded you lot really are. You haven't won since 17th October and now you think you'll win three on the trot. It's laughable really.

Well mathematically we have a 1 in 27 chance of winning three on the trot, so to claim that we have zero chance proves that it is in fact you who is the deluded one!

I'm sure AI will get the players organised and anything is possible but at the end of the day, it'll come down to the players' desire to win at all costs.

Has there been any evidence recently that the players want to graft hard and grind out wins at any cost?

So in short, confident in the manager's coaching skills, not so confident about the players' will to win.

Personally, I'd be dropping one or two to make a point. That's assuming they're bothered of course

Guest dingdong

Anyone here think AI can get us wins against Barnsley, Blackpool and Peterborough?

And no, I haven't been drinking.

No, but i think 6 is a possibility.

Win on saturday and we'll win the other two i think. Lose on saturday and god knows. So, we'll draw saturday.

I agree......All 3 possible wins.....not sure how Blackpool have done so well this year. The big one will be Barnsley though.....win that and we could take 9 points from those three......there are about 15 points for grabs in the next couple of weeks or so.....hopefully a refreshed side with new ideas will bring home the points.....

Anyone here think AI can get us wins against Barnsley, Blackpool and Peterborough?

For me it is all about how he sets his stall out tomorrow.

If he goes there to frustrate, they nick one and we suffer a narrow defeat, then no, that will follow through into the Blackpool away, making it difficult and will definitely cause a few nervous, insecure performances infront of our home fans.

If he takes the game to Barnsley, plays a high tempo, gets in their faces and plays with pace on both flanks, then we can come away with 3 points, take this into P'boro, confidence starts to return in both players and fans, leading to a tough, tough task for Peterborough to come and beat us at Hillsborough

sorry haven't read all thread if anyone's already made the point that this league is of pretty poor quality wise and if we can reproduce the preston & sflaphorpe performances with a bit of consistency we could easily string a run of results together absolutely no doubt in my mind that If AI gets a reaction from the players we'll be fine

Guest wilkotheowl

Why not ? If every single player who wears the SWFC shirt on the field wears it with pride & passion & gives 100% who knows what we can achieve?

Let's all get behind the team & the new manager - the season reignites tomorrow with 3 hard earned points.........................................................

C'mon Wednesday!!

UTO.

I really don't like to start talking about going on runs.

The most important thing to Sheffield Wednesday is the match tomorrow against Barnsley, we just need to take one game at a time and see what happens from there.

With regards to tomorrow, I work with a few dingles and they're all very confident that they're going to turn us over, perhaps over confident. I'm not so sure though, they will have no idea on how Irvine will try to get Wednesday playing or the line up he'll put out and also I think with it being a new manager and a derby, we might actually see a change in attitrude from the players and they could well look like a different team tomorrow.

I have to admit I am quitely confident about tomorrow, don't know about 9 points in 3 games but I think we can get 3 points tomorrow.

For me it is all about how he sets his stall out tomorrow.

If he goes there to frustrate, they nick one and we suffer a narrow defeat, then no, that will follow through into the Blackpool away, making it difficult and will definitely cause a few nervous, insecure performances infront of our home fans.

If he takes the game to Barnsley, plays a high tempo, gets in their faces and plays with pace on both flanks, then we can come away with 3 points, take this into P'boro, confidence starts to return in both players and fans, leading to a tough, tough task for Peterborough to come and beat us at Hillsborough

Good post mate, think he'll go for it to be honest, the test will come if things go wrong despite a excellent start.

This will hopefully have been discussed in terms of the teams mentality. Will probably then change approach to former & hope to nick our way back in to the game.

Think we will win tomorrow but would take this scenario at worst, it represents progress.

I think we'll get 4, AI will get us organised but might take longer than the week he's had so far with training affected by the weather.

I just hope we get the benefit of the 'new manager syndrome' that other teams seem to get!

Tomorrow Id be happy with a point & a good performance to build on.

Some may argue they have better quality. Budget size, couldn't possibly comment without figures.

fair enough. But i think they are all the teams wednesday should be competing with. Blackpool are performing above themselves, barnsley are ok, but not great and peterborough are poor. Hence the optimism. If it was newcastle, middlesborough and forest then it would be unrealistic to expect us to get results in all three games. That was my point.