All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Who’s the guy on left of Bazza. He seems been in all pics at side of Baz n Danny
  3. McKenna, without a shadow of doubt. What have they spent?
  4. Thingy, you know, him that plays for whatchamacallit. Bloody Altzheimers
  5. In a normal season Röhl would definitely win it, but I reckon Mckenna almost certainly will due to his impressive job at Ipswich. Also, it's probably better for us if Röhl doesn't win - don't want his reputation getting so good that bigger clubs (PL and abroad ) snatch him from us
  6. Its a no from me. Not that I wouldnt like him to back Röhl, but to put right all his mistakes, would require a complete change in every element of how he runs the club as a business. I have seen a) no indication that he has learnt anything from his mistakes. b) Would hand over control to competent people to run the business. c) has the funds to invest in the infrastructure. d) I dont trust him. Sadly I can only see Röhl and him parting ways within 12 months. Röhl will then end up being a huge success elsewhere. I know I am clutching at straws, but we need a new owner who can see the clubs potential and some how doing a deal with Chansiri in the next 3 to 6 months. Otherwise I fear this is just a false dawn. ( its a bit like the old Bullseye moment ) come and look at what you could have won. Never mind take it away !.
  7. Taking off my blue and white specs I'm going McKenna. Ipswich have been an absolute revelation this season. Just shows what proper owners and a superb assistant elsewhere promoted to manager can achieve. Unfortunately we have only one of these things....
  8. The awards will soon be given. I think it’s going to boil down to two candidates… Obviously Röhl for his (possibly) incredible rescue job or Mckenna for his incredible, first attempt promotion to the big league. We’re going to be biased but he has done it with less games and budget. But it will give him more exposure and possible offers. Who will get it ?
  9. I think from the reactions to your post in this thread it's pretty clear that referring to Carlton Palmer as Leighton is a joke based entirely on the fact that the 9 year chairman of our football club didn't even know the name of a very well known club figure and is in no way related to his ethnicity or his command of the English language. If I ever did mock the chairman it would be for his abilities (or lack thereof) as a football club chairman and 'businessman' and nothing else. I do accept the apology and your reasoning behind the post, I would say however that racism is a really big accusation to make and I'd hope you'd think a little harder before throwing it around at strangers on a public forum in future.
  10. More meat on the bones. Doom was' led to believe'. I get the Lee Bullen argument, though Howson says that it was Chansiri’s idea for Röhl to have a British name on his coaching staff, saying: “I’m led to believe that the owner, Chansiri, he was really keen for them to have a British coach as part of the set up. And it’s not unheard of or uncommon for Wednesday to have that in their nine plus years of Chansiri ownership; it was the same when they had Carlos Carvalhal, he had Lee Bullen.”
  11. For me Danny has given DC some unexpected cover / stay of execution. No point giving him any more trust, he's shown he simply isn't worthy.
  12. So you are suggesting that Chansiri comes up with £500k for Ugbo? Just cast your mind back to the end of October when he couldn’t pay his Tax and Wage bill and promptly told us to sell our houses to pay the £2m debt for him! In my humble opinion there needs to be a seismic shift in Chansiri’s approach/finances for us to start paying out that kind of fee for a player.
  13. Putting the previous 8 years to one side for a moment and focusing instead on the last 8 months… - DC acted decisively to ditch Xisco - DC employed Röhl (with no managerial track record) - DC backed Röhl with a stellar coaching staff - DC helped secure the excellent January signings of Beadle, Ugbo and Poveda - Our latest accounts showed further reduced losses versus previous year - And best of all, he’s kept well out of the public eye Am I fan of DC’s? Absolutely not. Do I think he has the intelligence, maturity, leadership and business sense to run any business let alone a football club? No I don’t. Do I expect Röhl to get fed up and leave soon? Honestly, yes. But these events of the last few months have given me a sliver of optimism it might just go ok. #believe
  1. Load more activity