All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. That's a start after some of the abominations of recent seasons.
  3. Even in the highly unlikely event that Norwich stay down I doubt they'd want to keep him. He's not started a game since October and has only played for more than 20 minutes twice and scored once since then. Been an unused sub in 5 of their last 10 and played for 5 minutes or less in another 3 of those games. For the wages he's on they'd be better off spending them elsewhere even if we let them have him on a free.
  4. In the time I've been watching Wednesday I've seen some great keepers but Pressman in his prime just shades it for me with Westwood a very close second. Never got to see Ron Springett but my grandad used to rave about him.
  5. Most of the players on big wages will more than likely be released or sold, we can't afford to keep them all, so the wage bill would realistly plumit.
  6. Any unsold tickets have to be paid for by visiting clubs at Norwich apparently, this will be why we've sent a few hundred back. Tickets are on sale till 3pm today then that's it, no pay on day.
  7. Tbh it will be interesting to see how Rhodes performs under a proper footballing manager but again can we afford to keep him? Would rather cash in and see what we get but who would want him.
  8. Ajax don't have a league of teams above them raking in hundreds of millions a year and dictating the out of control wage and agent fee demands.
  9. Most important thing for me is to get a new contract sorted for Westwood. Get it done now rather than wait until the summer. So important we keep him.
  10. Ha ha , that’s the one. One of the funnier Viz characters.
  11. If Norwich go up then I don't think there's any chance of him going there.
  12. fpowl, I was joking. I fully appreciate the job Gary did for Sheffield Wednesday as I have said in numerous other threads about him.
  13. Injuries continue to bedevil us Not sure what can be done about it People were quick to blame Carlos for signing crocks, but we continue to do so Personally, I think it has more to do with what we are doing here A lot of the crocks had little or no history of injury, until they came here
  14. That's the joy of it. They'll have their own heros...
  15. The young 'uns are going to get revenge for Brexit by voting Liam Palmer in at right back
  16. Interesting comments about Rhodes, I've long suspected he will get a chance under Bruce and Bruce will be the man to get him firing again.
  17. Fair enough. But it could be a bit depressing for our younger (under 20) fans.
  18. Ron Springett for me, too. This was at a time when Gordon Banks, undoubtedly the best keeper in the world, just shaded the Wednesday keeper within the England '66 World Cup winning squad. The only other keeper at the time who came close to these two was Soviet keeper, Lev Yashin, another world class talent and a joy to watch but not as good as Springett or Banks.
  1. Load more activity