Richard O'Donnell

Guest highamowl

do you want to explain this at all??? With that level of analysis you should send it straight to the club for them to update their opinions

He should have done better with the goal last night, but I've been generally quite impressed with him.

personally i thought he was beaten by a damn good strike. if he was a little bit further to his right post and bwp and smacked it in the other corner people would have been moaning about him not covering the far post.

personally i thought he was beaten by a damn good strike. if he was a little bit further to his right post and bwp and smacked it in the other corner people would have been moaning about him not covering the far post.

You should always force a player to beat you at your far post tbf. His positioning was a bit out otherwise he would've saved it, but I'm sure he'll be alerted by our GK coach to help fix that. I've been impressed with the lad pretty much every time I've seen him so far so have no problems with us giving him a shot now, if he does make some more mistakes then we can can enter the loan market but why not give him a shot first.

You should always force a player to beat you at your far post tbf. His positioning was a bit out otherwise he would've saved it, but I'm sure he'll be alerted by our GK coach to help fix that. I've been impressed with the lad pretty much every time I've seen him so far so have no problems with us giving him a shot now, if he does make some more mistakes then we can can enter the loan market but why not give him a shot first.

i have no problem with giving him a chance, i think he has the making of a good keeper. i just get fed up of people coming on here and slagging people off as no good before they have been given a fair crack of the whip.

I bet he's reconsidering his career choice after reading that. Debating the post and not the poster here, but what do you base your opinion on?

He will be good enough. He is young an shows signs of progressing. A run in the team will make or break him though. If it looks like breaking him we should get loan cover in for Weaver. No point destroying him. If Gary and his staff feel he can step up though, then great.

Guest danny wath owl

Every game rod has played he performed well! Couple of great saves at blackburn and bradford spring to mind. his kicking has vastly improved this year too

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Not good enough... not just because of the goal last night, just overall - not good enough.

Don't worry Arron, you'll get your chance in the JPT

He's developed a hell of a lot in a short space of time.

His reactions look good, kickings massively improved, he communicates well, seems to command.... just his positioning is questionable at times.

Last night he looked to bounce to the left to get a better view of Wright Phillips but the striker took it early and took it well.

However, I don't think Megson will plan to keep R O'D as the number 1 in Weavers absense. its a key area in a key season. An experienced keeper will be brought in shortly.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

He kept faith with him last season when relegation was a real threat, I think he trusts ROD more than we give him credit for

He's made fantastic progress and improving from match to match, is he up to a 40 match season as first choice right now? To be honest I wouldn't be unhappy if we looked to get someone more experienced in on loan, it's a long season, a very important season, and a season that is going to have a lot of ups and downs before it's done, I think it might have just come a little too soon for Richard to have the mental strength to deal with everything that will come his way this season if he's our no1.

I bet Richard pays his debts though and doesn't welch on bets.