The Referee

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Now i would still be saying this if we had scored the wonder goal and won.

Did he win a competition to referee for the day? Has he ever refereed before? Does he even know what a foul is and isn't?

Because that has got to up there as one of the worst refereeing displays of all time, he never let anything go, everything single decision was a utter joke, he booked players for winning the ball, he gave them a foul for fouling OUR PLAYER.

I think even the players started to wonder if it was worth trying to tackle because he was blowing for everything and lets be fair here giving it them.

Every single time he blew that whistle you could see people getting more and more angry, yet he can just walk away and nothing will happen yet he has just given one of the most inept performances ever and that could even be an understatement.

People can reel of the usual suspects of refereeing like Andy D'urso, Darren Deadman etc well this guy Darren Bond can certainly be put added to the line of useless referees.

Just to add also the assesor who sits in the stands needs to surely can't be happy with that? Then again they all seem to stick together and nothing happens.

agree with the OP  

hate blame the ref threads but I too would say this if we'd won he was awful for both teams 

that centre forward of theirs went down more times than linda lovelace how the ref didnt sent him off for diving i dont know

Nobody mentioned yet another decent penalty shout dismessed, looked nailed on to me. Their defender lost sight of the ball and just clumsily brought best down

I thought it a good shout but there is no point to mention it  because it's sickening repetitious now how we don't get a fair crack  

Was consistently, consistently, wrong.  Pulled us up for winning genuine tackles, let alone 50/50s.  May aswell have given Will Hughes his whistle and cards.  

Worse than those refs that drop massive clangers.  At least you know that they've just made one bad error, a poor judgement call in a split second.  This guy was a cumulative disaster.  

Terrible. Not saying he's the reason we lost, but he was really poor. Seemed like he had no idea what he was doing.

Llera booked for challenging Grant. He had every right to go for it.

Hutchinson booked for a good tackle.

Ward committed 2/3 fouls straight after each other and wasn't booked at all.

Only thing he did right was book one of their players for kicking the ball away when we got a free kick early in the 2nd half.

None of our bookings were deserved. Llera for going for a cross and making contact with the keeper - Grant didn't even make a fuss at all, just picked himself up and got on with it, didn't get involved in the scuffle. Helan's for a high kick, nothing more than genuinely going for the ball. Hutchinson won the ball, the crowd went mad at the ref even giving a foul and to add insult to injury he then pulled out a yellow card.

He also did absolutely nothing about their timewasting - Grant must have had the ball for 2 of the 5 extra minutes yet he blew the whistle right on the 5 minute mark. Utterly incompetent.

Couldn't believe some of the decisions. It makes its hard to accept when your coming away from the game having to have played against a decent Derby side plus an inept referee. It makes you wonder if we,d have gotten something out of the game with a fair and decent referee.

Second half a ball was crossed into the box, our player attacked it as Grant caught it. Referee indicated play on as Grant had the ball. The next thing the Derby player reacts, ref runs towards Grant and gives free kick. What happened between indicating play on and giving a foul????