Delia Smith...

6 minutes ago, modboy said:

Win some and you lose some (eg Rhodes... so far)

Rhodes has looked lively and useful since joining us, and he's already scored some important goals already such as last week's winner against QPR. True, he's not been banging them in, but I do think he looks good and will hopefully be on fire next season.

Hooper is class though, since he's come back he's been immense.

Rhodes is playing his part and will do so when it matters.

Special mention for Fletcher too who is delivering so far when it matters the most.

This is why these players cost what they do.  They might not score every week like some expect but they take the big chances in big games at this level.

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

Agree we were much better when Rhodes came on. Fletcher had a bit of a stinker tbf

You wouldn't know it from the highlights and the goals! It's weird, I thought he looked quite sluggish today, but then he pops up with a goal, creates the chance for Hooper and also hit the bar at the start of the second half. Can't make my mind up about him!

I think on balance, however he's looked, he's on a good run and his goals have been vital for us in the last four games. So can't knock him.

4 minutes ago, eddyowl123 said:

You wouldn't know it from the highlights and the goals! It's weird, I thought he looked quite sluggish today, but then he pops up with a goal, creates the chance for Hooper and also hit the bar at the start of the second half. Can't make my mind up about him!

I think on balance, however he's looked, he's on a good run and his goals have been vital for us in the last four games. So can't knock him.

Thought he was the wrong choice today but we won so brilliant 

This mistake is made all the time when sides get promoted to the prem. They get ahead of themselves and flog the players that they reckon aren't good enough, only to wish they still had them when they come back down

Boro will find this out with Jordan Rhodes next season

10 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Rhodes is a bit like Hoops, does alot to benefit the team.

So true, strikers are generally judged purely on their goal ratios, but these 2 players do so much more for the team.

Their link up play, movement off the ball to create space for others to exploit is probably the best in the league, plus they have/will weigh in with important goals in crucial games.

Cant think of any other strikers I'd rather have going into play-offs, both have been there & done it, and that experience will be paramount with building on last season's playoff success & heartache..

Edited by Hedwig