Tarn vs T'Owls

56 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I wouldn't be bragging about the JTP trophy...hardly a prestige event!!

You only have to look at the fact teams want to change the full match day squad for them games n the fact PL clubs play their U23's in it...joke cup for joke clubs like your lot n the blunts!!

Yeah. 

I hated us having a cracking weekend in London, topped off by seeing Hammill score a worldy to win it. Seeing my club lift a trophy at Wembley. Joke cup, indeed. 

Getting to do it a month later, all over again was terrible n all. :manager:

53 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Their form has collapsed since their best players were snapped up by the big clubs. 1 win in 10 isn't it? We need to be stuffing these on Saturday. 

Results have not been as impressive, true. But they're still playing well. Had a tough run of fixtures, coupled with the player departures. We haven't been stuffed all season. I expect you'll win, but not by many.

2 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Results have not been as impressive, true. But they're still playing well. Had a tough run of fixtures, coupled with the player departures. We haven't been stuffed all season. I expect you'll win, but not by many.

You can't have been playing that well, mate. 

Hecky has done a fantastic job with what he's had to cope with upstairs, with the club constantly selling its best players. He's just kept his toys in the pram and got on with it and has kept his side in the top half despite all this, where other manages might have walked.

Narrow win at best for us.

Draw likely.

10 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

What tha reckoning, sithi? 

We're not on great form at all atm, that's not negativity it's a fact that being said I'd like to think we have enough to beat Barnsley and I can just see a 1-0 Wednesday win. Call it whatever you want I'm calling it optimism haha

50 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Yeah. 

I hated us having a cracking weekend in London, topped off by seeing Hammill score a worldy to win it. Seeing my club lift a trophy at Wembley. Joke cup, indeed. 

Getting to do it a month later, all over again was terrible n all. :manager:

Enjoy it pal...it's just about the only bit of silverware that will grace your shithole!!!

It is a joke Cup hence why clubs are happy to take fines on the chin, when they make full changes to their squads for the games!! 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

It all depends on which Wednesday side shows up.

On paper there's not 1 of your players that would make our team but we've rarely played to our potential this season so Saturdays result is anyone's guess.

I'll stay on the fence and go 1-1.

53 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

He isn't involved on Saturday.

Here we go..

Slight knee sprain, might miss one week... next thing we know he's out for months 

Still no news on hooper who has now been out for nearly 5 months 

Guest Dingle.
1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

He isn't involved on Saturday.

He's not refusing to play again is he ? How many wage rises does he want FFS ? . 

54 minutes ago, Dingle. said:

He's not refusing to play again is he ? How many wage rises does he want FFS ? . 

He's currently recovering from injury.

Carlos could be holding him back for the following Saturday after against Newcastle considering we were good enough to beat you without him earlier in the season.

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

He's currently recovering from injury.

Carlos could be holding him back for the following Saturday after against Newcastle considering we were good enough to beat you without him earlier in the season.

I thought I had been to that match and we won 2-0, wasn't  sure if I had dreamt it because I kept hearing and reading how Barnsley had battered us. I was exceptonally relieved to pick up the next days paper and find we had indeed won 2-0. A similar performance and result would do for me. Think it will be very tough though, our opponents often seem much more up for these type of games than us, even when the match is more important to us in the bigger picture. 

Edited by OWL1969

1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

I thought I had been to that match and we won 2-0, wasn't  sure if I had dreamt it because I kept hearing and Reading how Barnsley had battered us. I was exceptonally relieved to pick up the next days paper and find we had indeed won 2-0. A similar performance and result would do for me. Think it will be very tough though, our opponents often seem much more up for these type of games than us, even when the match is more important to us in the bigger picture. 

As I remember, an awful lot of hard work and endeavour from a Barnsley side with very little quality.

As the game wore on, we went up through the gears and the fact that we have better players was the telling factor.

All I will say is that if that's what passes for a good performance in Barnsley these days, then I'm amazed that they've managed to maintain a mid table position.