FAO Carlos out Brigade

Play Off Final losers don't generally fare well the season after. If you look at the last 15 years only West Ham, West Brom, Reading and Middlesborough last season have managed to get promoted the year after. Leeds lost the play off final in 2006 and got relegated the season after and only Preston have managed to make the play offs the year after (lost 05, 4th 06) and 5 teams have finished 8th. There's no guarantee of success after a play off final defeat. if we make the Play Offs (which I am confident we will after our blip) we will be only the 6th team to get top 6 in 17 years.

Carlos seems a decent guy however I think people need to take stock on just how this season so far has gone ...

Spent 20 m

Football is awful to watch. 

Lost 10 games with 14 games to go same amount of losses for entire last season.

Poor transfer targets for me .

Constantly changing his team even after a decent result .

No cup run and beaten by Cambridge who were bottom of league 2 at the time after leading .

Hammered in the first fa cup away at boro who look like coming back down .

The only positive I can see is that we are still in the play offs and the teams in them look weaker then those last season but so do we too. 

17 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Good to see I have been proven right.

Bunch of cowards who are nowhere to be seen when we win 

lol

I'm not in the 'Carlos out brigade' but it's the performances and style of football that are more disappointing than the points tally.

Out of the 34 leagues games we've played this season (and two cup games) how many would you say we've played well in?

And from the players we've signed for a lot of £££s.... Jones, Abdi, Reach, Fletcher, Winnall, Rhodes, Urby, Kean, Fox and Buckley... how many would you say have been a success and improved us?

42 minutes ago, nilsson said:

I'm not in the 'Carlos out brigade' but it's the performances and style of football that are more disappointing than the points tally.

Out of the 34 leagues games we've played this season (and two cup games) how many would you say we've played well in?

And from the players we've signed for a lot of £££s.... Jones, Abdi, Reach, Fletcher, Winnall, Rhodes, Urby, Kean, Fox and Buckley... how many would you say have been a success and improved us?

Crikey, its shocking when you think about it, how has it come to this

I don't know about the Carlos out brigade that the op mentions but I just want to see the  Carlos positivity that we produced last season.

I'm still very much behind our manager though I do feel he is rightly being questioned for the football we have been playing of late and the tactics/team selections whether we win or lose as some are extremely baffling.

I'm hoping that Carlos can turn some of the current negativity and use it to turn into a positive to improve us.

We aren't out of the playoffs yet, it's just the Wednesday way of doing things the hard way.

Edited by full fathom five

6 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

You do have to wonder what Chansiri and his football advisors (if he has any) think of what is happening 

Of course Chansiri has advisors though I suspect Carlos is their man. I cannot for one second believe that a business man in Thailand with no previous connection to football knew about Carvalhal prior to his appointment when even people connected directly with the game and the media had never heard of him.

:columbo:

3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Chansiri won't be that naive to realise this isn't good enough for what he's spent, football knowledge or not

Aye, I strongly suspect another defeat against Norwich will just about do for Carlos the way that football is run nowadays.

3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I think he will see the season out now, sadly.

I'm not so sure - football has become very reactionary.

I think Carlos should be given to the end of the season at least but I don't think that is the modern psyche. We shall see.

Carlos Carvalhal took us to our best league finish since the turn of the century. He deserved at the very least this season to take us up. Weather you like the style or not we are in a great position. If the season ends with the teams in the same positions as they are now are we really saying we can't win those play offs? All you who want him to go, where were you last week after the Forest game? You only ever seem to pipe up after a defeat, its almost as if you want us to lose just so you can have a go at someone.

Agree with OP. Have a word with yersens. Stop acting like spoilt kids every time we lose a game. We are comfortably in 6th, closer to 4th than 7th.. 50% win ratio in league this season.

Nowt to complain about. Look at the bigger picture and see that under Chansiri and Carvalhal we are closer to the Premier league than at any point in nearly 20 years..

4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I suppose if we lost and Norwich get within a point it could happen. More likely if we lost to Burton 

Chansiri seems the ambitious sort - three defeats on the trot might be pushing him a little. We will only find out his true character when it is put to the test. It is all very easy to be tolerant when things are going well. The acid test is when things start to turn.