Liam Palmer needs new pants

S**ts himself when it comes to absolutely anything, he really is woeful, when he gets forward he absolutely logs his Sen and has no clue what to do with the ball, the closer he is to the net he just goes all weird and forgets what to do, defensively I honestly don't think we have a worse defender even glen , his positioning is shocking and got caught out many times, when he goes forward his desire to track back really winds me up. He's absolutely shibo and has been for the past 3 seasons 

4 minutes ago, sheffwed4ever said:

S**ts himself when it comes to absolutely anything, he really is woeful, when he gets forward he absolutely logs his Sen and has no clue what to do with the ball, the closer he is to the net he just goes all weird and forgets what to do, defensively I honestly don't think we have a worse defender even glen , his positioning is shocking and got caught out many times, when he goes forward his desire to track back really winds me up. He's absolutely shibo and has been for the past 3 seasons 

i thought he had an awful game tonight but hes really not as bad as you seem to think

1 minute ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I thought he had a decent first half. Was our only threat, actually went forward and put some crosses in which is more than can be said for the others (apart from FF).

He could do with being a bit more full blooded in his tackles but otherwise could be worse.

good post. 

while everything my not come off for the lad, especially in the final 3rd, hes not scared to try and attack, 1st half he was the only one who shew any urgency.  also coped well with some horrible passes off KW or Loovens that instantly put him under pressure.

5 minutes ago, sheffwed4ever said:

So i take it Palmer is tonights scapegoat ? 

Get a grip 

I'm surprised to see so much Palmer love after last night's game. I think credit comes where credit is due and in that respect id say he slotted two very good balls in for Wallace in the first half. 

Aside from that his defensive performance was very poor.

He does not get tight enough to his man to block crosses and does not sense danger early enough. 

I'd put that down to lack of game time and the fact that he is not a RB but unfortunately for him that's where he fits in the squad so he needs to improve the attributes required to succeed in that position. 

I'd also say those excuses won't stand when you look at Sasso (mistake at Forest aside) who has had to hit the ground running with limited playing time, and Reach on the other side who is not a natural LB but knows how to play the role effectively. 

This result was coming for a long time and can't be put down to Palmer alone, but he stood out for all the wrong reasons last night and still would have even if 3 of our second half chances hit the back of the net. 

Time will tell if this was just a blip for the lad, and I really hope that's the case, but if you are on the fringes of the squad then that is the wrong way to take advantage of the limited chances you get to impress. 

Edited by WalkleyWeds