M1 ROADWORKS

1 minute ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

If you are going that way, then don't bother going the A61 route. Yuo can get to Woodseats and pick up the A61 there y going "over the tops" of the hills. Misses all the traffic and its the way my Dad has always gone after the game to get to Woodseats.

Let me know if you want the route.

Yep if you can. Don't really know that side of town other than the main routes

Guest 1banana2banana

As this thread is already open 

does anyone have a clue 

why it takes years to put a concrete barrier in place of a steel one on the m1 ? That 50zone is a joke. 

Just now, 1banana2banana said:

As this thread is already open 

does anyone have a clue 

why it takes years to put a concrete barrier in place of a steel one on the m1 ? That 50zone is a joke. 

Its not just a concrete barrier, its all the infrastructure that goes with it.. drainage etc.

having delivered concrete to the M1/M18 in recent years i can tell you it takes a hell of a lot of planning.

51 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Just looked at the route to try and describe it - you would deffo get lost.Its kind of a route you have to be shown - sorry!

No problem - I don't want to upset my sat nav lady anyhow

The M1 is beyond a joke . I come from Mansfield so when driving to the game its junction 29 to 33, not exactly far. Its been over 3 years of work between these junctions and we are still having poorly announced closures and diversions etc.

Luckily i was warned prior to the match last week but lost count how many times ive been stuck on a tuesday night over the last few seasons. As somebody pointed out above, Smart Motorways my @rse 

14 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

Thank you all for your help.  The diversion signs were truly horrendous. I'm not sure whether I misread them or not, but I ended up leaving the M1(S) at J32 and travelling to M18 J1 in order to return to the M1. Did anyone else have the same problem, or am I a navigational failure?

I ended up aiming for the A1 and that was shut too. I made it back to Brum at 0:45 having taken in the sights of rural Nottingham.

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

The M1 is beyond a joke . I come from Mansfield so when driving to the game its junction 29 to 33, not exactly far. Its been over 3 years of work between these junctions and we are still having poorly announced closures and diversions etc.

Luckily i was warned prior to the match last week but lost count how many times ive been stuck on a tuesday night over the last few seasons. As somebody pointed out above, Smart Motorways my @rse 

I live a bit further down and I reckon I've been driving through roadworks/ limited speed for @10yrs

33 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I'm in Hucknall and know exactly what you're saying.

There's been times when it's actually been easier to leave at J32, take the M18 and then the first exit and follow the A631 and back towards the Meadowhall roundabout.