Hooper

Just now, dazaston said:

The amount of negative comments I have heard regarding Hooper "he's lazy he's fat not good enough not fit" amazes me. We have nobody that drops into the hole & links up play like him.

He has a decent scoring record & we are missing him at the minute.

The negative comments are often from one or two posters who post incessantly about it. 

I think most know what he brings and how much we miss him from the team.

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

Once Hooper and Fessi are back we'll have a chance to stay around the top six

Our other options are dismal apart from Fletcher.

Or

Play all 3 in the same side most games, and we'll have a chance to threaten the top two.

You heard it here first....second, third, forth etc etc etc

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

Jeez we won't be within 20 points if the top 2 no matter who comes in

You only need to look at the goal difference of Brighton and Newcastle to realise how much better than the rest of us they are. But there's nearly always a blip, and hopefully we start scoring and winning more regularly to pile pressure on If and when that blip comes.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You only need to look at the goal difference of Brighton and Newcastle to realise how much better than the rest of us they are. But there's nearly always a blip, and hopefully we start scoring and winning more regularly to pile pressure on If and when that blip comes.

I would be v surprised if we get anything other than playoffs!

You need your best players available. The worry with Hooper is how long it will take him to get back to match fitness again after a lay off.

Only two players this season have stood up and driven the team to perform better. FF , obviously a bit late , and Hutch who has carried the team last few games.

We need our experienced players like Hooper, Fletcher and Bannan to do the same in the second half of the season.

2 hours ago, dazaston said:

The amount of negative comments I have heard regarding Hooper "he's lazy he's fat not good enough not fit" amazes me. We have nobody that drops into the hole & links up play like him.

Bus had the ability to drop into the hole.

In a hole.jpg

Guest everydays_wednesday

I like Hooper and he will score goals anywhere given a run however, my big worry is he will be a bit chunky as he was when we signed him because he hasn't played for so long.  Took him a good time to get into the swing when we first got him.

IMO we are a better side with him in it.

2 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

I like Hooper and he will score goals anywhere given a run however, my big worry is he will be a bit chunky as he was when we signed him because he hasn't played for so long.  Took him a good time to get into the swing when we first got him.

IMO we are a better side with him in it.

Someone posted recently that the training staff had beefed him up to counter concerns they have over a recurring hamstring issue. Suggested he had been deliberately bulked up rather than podged up.

10 hours ago, dazaston said:

I like most will be glad to have him back & available for selection,

But we've gone on the best run of the season, since his exit.

It difficult to conclude that we're missing him.