The positivity thread

We've just won two local derbies.

4 wins out of 5.

13 points out of last 18.

In top 6.

Would any Wednesday fan have taken that before the last 5 matches? I suspect so.

Let's look at today's match. No Forestieri, no Bannan, no Lee (2nd half), no Abdi (after 30 mins) - that's most of the creative heartbeat ripped out of our side. Tell me any other championship team that would cope with having that level of players out of their team and still put in a fantastic performance. Our best two strikers out. If Brighton had any one of their strikers out - they would struggle. If any of those chances that fell to Joao had fallen to Forestieri or Hooper, I suspect we'd be having very different debates tonight.

Hutchinson played for 20 minutes in pain because the man oozes passion and commitment for Wednesday and would walk through walls for them. He was still wincing in pain when he came off the pitch at the end. That's what we should be focussing on. Despite lacking the creativity, the team didn't give up and kept trying to the end, with the result of a penalty. Was it lucky? Maybe, but how many decisions like that have gone against us this season?

Yes we played ugly and won. But how many times have we played pretty and lost?

Merry Christmas everybody!

Was feeling gloomy on the way home, but I think the negativity on the radio helped with that.

Now looking at the table and you putting into perspective like that, feel a bit better. 3 points off 3rd, I think the play offs this season is looking a lot weaker compared to last season, once we get our best players back, we should be looking strong.

Though still feel we need some additions to the squad, the bench never inspires me with confidence. UTO

This feels fine!

(not inserting the dog inside the burning house meme pic)

I think it's frustrating for people to see us playing scrappy, poor football. But the key point is that even with off-days, we're still scraping wins and 3 points, and whatever sluggish form/injury/bans is preventing us our starting XI to be fielded, we are still very much on track - and ahead of last season - to making the play offs.

Merry Xmas!

For x-mas I've been wishing for an away win to Newcastle; I've been good all year! :D

My though exactally. 

We were never going to steam roller Rotherham today. They were never going to leave themselves open defensively and Bannan and Forestieri are are main men for unlocking defenses.

I think that's where a lot of the negativity has come from the fact we didn't beat the bottom side by 4 or 5 at home.

But what we did do today was show that even without its key men this team still has the fighting spirit to win football matches and that's what has impressed me the most this season is that even when we haven't been at our best, since the Fulham game we have found a way to be tough to beat and when you add Forestieri to that we are a match for any one in this league.

I think the reason people continue to moan is that at no point this season have played like, or bettered last season. too many scrappy, lucky wins and plenty of thrown away points (Birmingham,derby,Ipswich)

Injuries and suspensions seem to be playing a big part in this season, we just can't get going. I'm normally pessimistic but I genuinely thought we'd notch up a decent win today. It wasn't to be. 

Theres plenty to be positive about

But I think we need a couple of additions (right back,centre back,winger)to really kick start the season. This team firing on all cylinders would be top two.