How Many Houses Does The Club Own On Vere Rd?

We should forget all these plans and just move. Who works want to stay in a hotel at Hillsborough? Where will we park 500 cars next season when car park closes.

We need a stadium like Derby's to progress. Their corporate facilities are so far ahead of our it's untrue. Their concourses are designed to extract maximum money from fans. It's safer.

It's time for us to look to the future like our forefathers did when moving us to Hillsborough. Hillsborough is so far beyond its 'best before' date it's unreal.

Time to bid it a fond farewell

I'm reluctantly starting to agree, but where do you build it?

If we built a new ground - I wouldn't go.

I think your home ground is so synonymous with your club that once you leave it you're never really the same club.

I get it for Lower league teams playing in complete bins that need to do it to keep going - but when it's just for the pursuit of cash it's just sad.

Upton Park, Highbury, Maine road - all a massive loss to football culture.

I think your home ground is so synonymous with your club that once you leave it you're never really the same club.

I get it for Lower league teams playing in complete bins that need to do it to keep going - but when it's just for the pursuit of cash it's just sad.

understand how you feel but we support the club and if the club feel they have to move to better themself then think we ought to go

with them .......having said that hope it doesnt happen in my liftime .

You'd be one of only a few, judging by the way most clubs with a new ground seem to see a dramatic rise in attendances.

Ask the fans at those respective clubs if they prefer the new ground bey most say they do.

Everton polled their fan base on proposals for their new stadium over 80% want to move from Goodison park

We just somehow need to find £300 million to do the job properly

Guest mkowl

So what location would you suggest that:

a. Isn't on a flood plain.

b. Has proper transport links.

c. Has space for parking.

d. Isn't in a run down area.

e. Would be cheaper than developing the existing ground.

I'm struggling to think of anywhere in the city boundaries that meets your criteria.

Stadium MK at a push is south Sheffield

You're right - we should have never left Olive Grove!  :rolleyes:

we were evicted and had no say in the matter .i'd much rather stay where we are and redevelop like the world cup design that strafford

proposed .

I'd rather see those World Cup plans come to fruition too, but for someone to suggest they'd stop attending games and that we'd never be the same club if we built a new stadium seems quite extreme.

I'd rather see those World Cup plans come to fruition too, but for someone to suggest they'd stop attending games and that we'd never be the same club if we built a new stadium seems quite extreme.

Only my feelings - you don't have to agree.

For me if Wednesday moved from Hillsboro there wouldn't really be anything left of the club I support - just a load of overpaid young lads playing football in a sports arena.

You've got to try and keep hold of the heritage side of things as much as you can for me.

Been my argument for long enough now.

Thing is (and this isn't a dig) many of our fans have never experienced the home facilities at other grounds.

I remember going on the mop at Anfield about 10 years ago - bloody hell the concourse is massive, with loads of kiosks selling food / drink WHILST NOT FREEZING YOUR NACKERS OFF IN THE COLD.

I love Hillsborough, I live 10 minutes walk away so moving would mean travelling to a game. But it's way way below what we should have by way of facilities both inside and out.

Oh and as Grandad said - the soulless bowl rubbish - it's just that, rubbish.

Well the Kop at Liverpool isn't part of a new ground

It's an old ground with upgraded facilities.

Couldn't we do the same?

the problem about moving in a town/city outside London is the restrictions in having alternative transport links and masses of parking, which effectively rules out a large % of the area; particularly near the city centre because of planning and land costs. That means i think we'll be restricted to the Meadowhall area or off the Parkway - using some old industrial land.

Derby were lucky that the wider Pride Park area was developed en mass in the 90s and is quite close to the city centre and railway station.