Credit where credit is due

We didn't look good, they didn't look good. Lots of tippy tappy with little penetration from either team. I think the word of the day is neutralisation.

I'd say we both looked good, as opposed to not looking good. 

Found it actually very entertaining.

Edited by townend_owl

I came away thinking if we were a bit smarter we could easily have won.  Sure in the second half they had some big periods of pressure but still.   I think we are better than tonights performance.

We are still too eager to move the ball backwards when a perfectly good forward option is available - sure that's me being over negative but I think we gave brighton too much respect tonight.

Edited by salmonbones

Neither team fancied losing which I predicted. A point away is better than one at home so I think they'll be the happier.

Two games on the trot now we've allowed ourselves to get a bit frustrated in breaking teams down.

As said above its a compliment that teams now do this, but we need to crack that if we want to keep our momentum

I came away thinking if we were a bit smarter we could easily have won.  Sure in the second half they had some big periods of pressure but still.   I think we are better than tonights performance.

We are still too eager to move the ball backwards when a perfectly good forward option is available - sure that's me being over negative but I think we gave brighton too much respect tonight.

We didn't give Arsenal too much respect last week lol Just seemed we cancelled each other out and I guess both teams as the game went on were more afraid of dropping one point and their unbeaten run as opposed to gaining two.

Brighton were a very well organised & hard working side. Each player knew there roles and they clearly had a plan and way of playing, which they implemented tonight. You can see how they've not lost a game, but you can also see how they've drawn so many recent games.

I think we slightly shaded the game, but not enough to win. Too many of our attacking players (Joao, Forestieri & Wallace), weren't quite at their best tonight.

Bannan was magical yet again though.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Their entire defence were extremely impressive tonight. They gave us nothing and kept the ball very well. Both centre halves bullied Joao and Forrestieri but I think Lees and Loovens looked equally as strong.

Two strong teams and I think it was always going to be a tight game tonight. I don't think any attack minded players can come off tonight thinking they played their best. Football is mainly about the attacking players these days so, as a defender myself, I enjoy days when the defences are on top.

There will be a lot more room for our creative players on Saturday where I hope we can find our zip again.

Boro were a lot better, came and went for it, seemed like they had 14 players

Yes but this Wednesday team now is far better than the one when we faced Boro.

Completely different proposition and you would see a very different Boro side if we played them now.