Matias voted player of the month

Westwood would have been flying off his line towards Fabbrini, Price just showed him the corner and he stuck it away.

I believe Westwood would have save their 2nd & 3rd goals.

Fabbrini did all but verbally tell price where he was placing the ball. Westwood would have stopped both I belive but still poor defending, we shouldnt rely on the keeper to stop those goals. Not great. Edited by zakswfc

Was a no brainer this month

Hutchinson

I agree.

Mr consistent. Put some amazing tackles in against borough too. Shame he came off.

A player who has been 'awful' and scores two goals in five games is welcome in this team, especially given the poor form of our strikers.

He has been pretty awful. Lost the ball most of the time he has had it, I can see quality; but needs improvement. The first goal was a moment of magic and the second goal was something any professional footballer should finish (even though it took a deflection). 

Edited by RyannnC

Oh dear oh dear,

Here we are again, a top quality player getting lambasted by fans for not being visible enough, it's all a bit Chris Brunt this.

I have watched many a Tottenham game, back a few years when Bale would go missing for 30 mins at a time, I have seen Messi be very quiet in the Barca and Argentina squad.

This lad is NEVER, EVER going to be clearing the ball off the line or legging it back to get possession, he just isn't that kind of player, we have 8-9 other players for that stuff, all of which lacking the capability to do what this lad has so far.

Silly sausages.

Oh dear oh dear,

Here we are again, a top quality player getting lambasted by fans for not being visible enough, it's all a bit Chris Brunt this.

I have watched many a Tottenham game, back a few years when Bale would go missing for 30 mins at a time, I have seen Messi be very quiet in the Barca and Argentina squad.

This lad is NEVER, EVER going to be clearing the ball off the line or legging it back to get possession, he just isn't that kind of player, we have 8-9 other players for that stuff, all of which lacking the capability to do what this lad has so far.

Silly sausages.

Nobodys saying he's bad or a rubbish player. They're just saying he hasn't shown up yet and played to his full potential. I can't think of once where he's took a player on with ease and done an exceptional piece of play (minus the goal at leeds) where everyone's been took off their seats. Give the lad time and he'll perform, but I don't think he's earned any POTM performances. 

Looks class in about 5% of every match. I'm sure he'll improve when we get a regular 11 every week and start playing 442 lol

I agree with the 442 part, I think with a hold up striker such as Nuhiu/Joao up top, a lot of pressure is relied upon matias/wallace/sougou to do the scoring. 442 would ease a little pressure off them both.

Nobodys saying he's bad or a rubbish player. They're just saying he hasn't shown up yet and played to his full potential. I can't think of once where he's took a player on with ease and done an exceptional piece of play (minus the goal at leeds) where everyone's been took off their seats. Give the lad time and he'll perform, but I don't think he's earned any POTM performances.

He's hit the wood work and had some flashes.

I can just tell what he'll be like.

Take him out the bristol, leeds and boro game and we'd be looking dreadful!

I'm not a big hutch lover tbh but this has forced my hand to actually say it.

This lad is our best player and has been all month.

Our better players usually get a hard time. Brunt, Whelan, Antonio all got it in the neck.

I agree he has been pretty quiet in some games and needs to try and get himself more involved (he did this second half vs boro and got a goal because of it) but "awful"? No chance.

If people are expecting him to be a traditional winger or a player carrying the ball 60 yards up the pitch, I'm not sure that will happen all that often. He looks to me more like a striker playing in a wide position to me, not too dissimilar to Vydra. Perhaps if he gets up to the intensity of the game he may be able to stretch teams a bit more, he's looked tired in some games.

I'm not doubting he's a good player, certainly looks like he has natural ability as we all saw with the leeds goal

But i'm not going to pretend his application, decision making and overall contribution to each game last month was poor

Against Reading he was absolutely garbage,

Touch wood he settles in with Forestieri and Bannan. All 3 should be on a similar wave length

FFS!

There are around 15 ways to spell that name and I always get it wrong.

Anyway, I have created a graphic for this.  So I will post that in the next update that I do after the Middlesbrough poll, and from then on I will simply update the graphic and it will automatically update on this thread without me having to make a new post after each poll.

Here's a sneak peak.  I have included 2nd and 3rd places for each game too. In the event that it is tied at the end of the season then the player with the most 2nd places wins, and 3rd places after that:

kljfDtQ.jpg

Interesting comparison to the Owlstalk Man Of The Match votes. Middlesbrough result not included yet but Matias only receieved 2% of the vote in that game.

Oh dear oh dear,

Silly sausages.

This ^

Should've been Hutch. Matias has at least looked our most dangerous player in terms of getting in to goal scoring positions. Seems to have a great knack of doing that.

At the moment we can't take advantage of that because no one has the vision or courage to attempt the passes to Matias in the goalscoring positions, however hopefully Forestieri will be able to do that.