How many could play in the Prem?

Think we would have one or two squad fillers. For me there is one player I would have hunted down and that player is Westwood. Arsen Wenger, given his tight arse reputation missed a trick IMO not opening the bidding for our keeper north of 7 Million quid.

He is probably getting sleepless nights now he is stuck with Petr Cech

I agree with Loovens, but Lees isn't that slow.

The comment about Lees being killed for pace would have better standing if it weren't for the fact that there are dozens of slow centre halves in the Premier League playing regularly...from the top half to the bottom half.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Palmer is young and versatile.

Wouldn't start but certainly a squad member.

He's a league 1 midfielder and will most likely be a back up RB in the championship this season

Not that young anymore either

He's not a bad player, but think some people just want to believe he's better than he is because he's one of ours

Edited by Lee A

I would have thought that Wenger would have cast his net a little wider. True he's pulled a worldy of a keeper but I did post with reference to his tight arse nature.

What did he pay ?

Why would he cast his net any wider?

He's got one of the very best keepers the world has seen - and probably the best of the last decade

You think he needed to cast his net to the championship?!?!

The fee was reportedly "around" £10m

Also gotta question what some people see when they wtch the premier if they think Liam Palmer is at that level

And lets make the distinction here - there is a difference between playing in the premier and being a premier-quality player

I don't think we have a player that i have seen that would thrive in the premier and make it their level - possible exception of Westwood - even then i can't think of any established premier keeper he woud displace

Obviously cannot comment on our new imports

I don't think there is such a thing as a specific Premier League quality level. 

There is a huge talent differential between the top clubs and the rest.  The lower half squads contain many players that aren't that far ahead of what we see in the Championship on a weekly basis, if at all.

It's not all about talent either.  Hard work, commitment and team spirit still goes a long way up there just like at any level.

As long as we supplemented some real quality in the right areas upon (our hypothetical) promotion then I don't see why a good chunk of our current squad couldn't do a solid job at a lower end Prem standard.

Edited by Wath-owl

I'd be very surprised if many of our current (known) players go on to have a decent premier career

Also, we don't even know if we're gonna be competitive in the championship never mind start talking about doing ok in the premier with a similar bunch if players