Only seen the highlights but.....

Here's what my thoughts on today.

Massive plus with a great delivery by Wallace and Header by Nuihu from a set piece, if we could do this regularly it would be a huge step in the right direction.

Not the perfect goal but another for Mataias so at least he is seeming comfortable and has put a couple away.

1 of their goals looked off side and even if it wasn't that kind of sloppy marking is easily corrected.

Another was after Tom Lees let a guy past that in a competitive game he would have take out after getting the ball, there were a few instances of this I noticed and we all must agree we don't want pre-season to be too full blooded leading to cards and injuries.

All in all I think we will take some time to get up to speed once the season starts but I'm not ready to panic yet and there is still time to get more players in.

highlights aint out yet are they?

just the 1m 9s of the goals is all i can see atm. l0l at you getting positivity from it. dont get me wrong, no need to panic yet.. but to actually find positives from that! please... only a friendly but honest, we were crap.   

Are you on a funny one?

The "highlights" that have been released have us in possession of the ball for a total of 19 seconds and conceding 4 goals.

How on Earth you can draw any conclusions from that is mind-blowing. I'm not one to go "Only people who were there can have an opinion", we can all have an opinion, but bloody hell, how you can get positivity out of a two minute video in which we have the ball in our possession in open play for 19 seconds is laughable.

Guest mkowl

I will set my prediction now that CC will be gone as coach by the end of September. And that is based on not seeing any of the pre season games. Just don't see his approach working in the Championship

The highlights highlight some poor defending

Both fullbacks allowing shots on goal that just needed cutting out

Loovens looks like he's still on holiday and Lees looks totally bemused by it all

I'm sure we'll sort it all out though

Are you on a funny one?

The "highlights" that have been released have us in possession of the ball for a total of 19 seconds and conceding 4 goals.

How on Earth you can draw any conclusions from that is mind-blowing. I'm not one to go "Only people who were there can have an opinion", we can all have an opinion, but bloody hell, how you can get positivity out of a two minute video in which we have the ball in our possession in open play for 19 seconds is laughable.

Maybe the 19 seconds were really good

Well I saw 91 minutes of it. Oddly the ref played just 1 minute extra, despite so many substitutions that the stadium announcer didn't bother to announce them.

The only thing to impress me last night was the size of our travelling support. For a midweek evening friendly in Scunthorpe as well.

Are you on a funny one?

For 19 seconds it was like watching Barcelona tho lol

The highlights highlight some poor defending

Both fullbacks allowing shots on goal that just needed cutting out

Loovens looks like he's still on holiday and Lees looks totally bemused by it all

I'm sure we'll sort it all out though

Which is one of the reasons we have pre season friendlies......

It is pre-season. Only watched the 2min highlights and saw our players duck tackles they would have been fully committed in the competitive games. Both situations led to Scunthorpe goals.

We'll start off slow because of all the new signings and a new management team, but the pre-season friendlies offer ZERO gauge as to how we'll perform competitively.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you