Loved & Lost

Guest jimbob

Thanks for posting this. I've not read all of it, I'm struggling to be honest. I go to games with my dad even though I've moved away and the similarities to your story are clearly there, from the routine of stopping to pick him up, the route to the ground he showed me etc.

I'm fortunate to still be going with my dad but your story has both made me thankful for what I have but also terrified that I will one day lose it.

Once again thanks for posting, I'm glad you have memories to cherish. I have too and I hope we can make some more wonderful ones as we aim to go on one more period of success at this club we all love.

Jimbob, my situation is completely the reverse. I used to attend games with my son but lost him in a car accident aged 19. My favourite photo is of the two of us at Cardiff for the play-off final and I'm seriously thinking of doing this.

We'll see if I have the guts to go through with it but thanks for posting your story.

great read and so sad jimbob RIP to your Dad , it bought a tear to my eye my friend, i can't relate to your story as my dad only took me to one game some 58 years ago ,and sadly he was killed in a mining accident a few weeks later i was five at the time my friend , so in that respect i am so happy that you had time with your dad jimbob it must have been great to enjoy the 90 minuits together each week  and your story portrays that , it was a great read my friend and bought back memories for me and gave me an insight as to what might have been for me and my father ,thank you jimbob for posting this and taking me back 58 years to a time yet so brief but meant the world to me ,

WOW just wow.

Made me think about my Dad and just how much I really miss him.

Sat at my desk proper welled-up.

Just like someone snuck-up behind me and hit me on the back of the headwith an emotional sledgehammer

Guest jimbob

Wow. I'd not really thought through how many people this might effect. Thanks for the comments and please share on Twitter Facebook etc. the point of the project is to remove the stigma around death and allow people to reflect and honour those who are so significant to us.

Thankyou again WAWAW

Guest jimbob

Hey - if anyone is in touch with Neil, could you pass this on to see if he can locate the original? Thanks!

I know what you mean about football being a conversation starter, with my dad:

"what's going on with Wednesday?"

Then you go from there...

Grief feels like a terrible lonely place, and at the time you don't think that other people have felt like that, but they have, just all at different times.

This seems like a great way to share the pain and remember the memories.

Been putting off reading this thread till i was alone and not in an office full of people. Glad i did. I knew it eould evoke memories and feelings and i wasn't wrong. Thinking of my grandad and a picture i always think of when i think of him, despite me being too young at the time to remember it now.

FB_IMG_1438198218113.jpg

Taking my dad a week on Saturday and we had season tickets together for years, reckon I'll think a bit more about how fortunate ive been to have those moments together.

Thanks for sharing your story

post-14481-0-86852800-1438198346_thumb.j

Edited by bigrbuk

Thanks for sharing, made me feel very emotional thinking of special moments shared with my own (now sadly gone) parents. Treasured memories that will last forever.

Wow. I'd not really thought through how many people this might effect. Thanks for the comments and please share on Twitter Facebook etc. the point of the project is to remove the stigma around death and allow people to reflect and honour those who are so significant to us.

Thankyou again WAWAW

This is why the crowd pics are so important to Wednesday fans and why I came up with the idea for it. 

It might not be commercially profitable to the club, but photos of our fans enjoying games together have a more emotional connect than ones of players kicking a ball.

The idea was always to record a matchday from a fans perspective instead of just a striker with his hands in the air after a goal, and that in years to come they become more emotionally valuable to the fans who might have loved ones who are no longer with us.

Really naively I thought we'd be talking about 50 years time when someone could look back at a photo of themselves with their families and friends who had passed and remember what it was like to be at Hillsborough with them.

Instead we've actually already reached the point where the fan photos are already proving important as sadly some Owls fans have already left us.

Owlstalk Shop